Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
echappist wrote:

Oh man, sorry to hear that. The TT bike is such a cruel mistress: one moment it gives one not only an endorphin high but also the thrills of going fast, the next it literally dumps one on the road.

Speedy recovery!

Exactly.. I was still in prep for a 42km TT in 2 weeks with a really strong field, and I should have done those intervals on te trainer probably given the weather, but yeah. The carbon frame took a beating so I'll have to get that inspected..

Thank you!

Carl Spackler wrote:
Heal up!

Thanks! Fortunately I only have a bit of road rash and a sore shoulder so that shouldn't take too long to heal :)

LFF got what he deserved there, bullshit move in the sprint. Starts the sprint, passes Mohoric and rides right next to the barrier, glances over and sees Hirschi and even Pog coming over the top and just moves over the entire lane. Relegation is what he deserved but it still cost Hirschi his first monument, so it's not much of a consolation for him.. Lefevre screams murder and fire when someone does it to one of his riders (albeit with bigger consequences) but when one of his riders does it, you don't hear anything out of his mouth.

You got that right about Lefevre. No principle, just expediency.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UAE is having an interesting year.
I'm taking Joe van D today.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to him earlier? Snapped chain? I couldn't really tell.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why in the hell to we still see dogs in the middle of bike races? Just completely idiotic.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
What happened to him earlier? Snapped chain? I couldn't really tell.

yes, i think so.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MvdP ought to be coming into some monster form after this past weekend. Doesn’t look like J-V is racing Brabantse Pijl so we’ll have to wait for Gent-Wevelgem to see the first clash of the titans.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Why in the hell to we still see dogs in the middle of bike races? Just completely idiotic.

it's Italy, it's the Giro.....

GT is in trouble already.....ugh....not a Sky/Ineos fan but I do like GT a lot...bummer
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to see him. He has all of the power right now.

And uh oh. Thomas looks to be properly in trouble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

GT is in trouble already.....ugh....not a Sky/Ineos fan but I do like GT a lot...bummer

Agreed on both not being a fan of theirs but still thinking GT is a good lad who I like seeing well. The Giro historically has not been so kind to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
McNulty wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Agreed on both not being a fan of theirs but still thinking GT is a good lad who I like seeing well. The Giro historically has not been so kind to him.

+1 to the above; yikes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see Caicedo from the Cannoducks stay away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice shot of Ganna, Maglia Rose, dropping a bottle to youngster alongside road
fan for life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now Yates is dropped. Wow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya an EF win would be cool.

As I watch the coverage though I am thinking they should rename this the Tour de Shite Show. Yates dropped. Thomas crashes. Astana already down all of their mountain support riders. Yikes this is a crazy race and it is only the 3rd stage.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is bananas. Kruiswijk dropped pretty early too.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuglsang looked pretty damn good considering he has no team support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And 2020 rolls on.........crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And then they let him back on, blowing a chance to put him out. Kruiseship isn’t someone to toy with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Giro always delivers
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it does!

It wouldn't match any of my kit, but damn I want these EF Tempors.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Yes it does!

You're going to have to fight your way past me in line. After the last TT I'm going to be direct-messaging those dudes. I think this is the first time in like 20 years of cycling fandom that I wanted something because a pro wore it.

Apparently they might go on retail sale, though. Though "helmets from POC" might just refer to some variation on the road helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Yes it does!

You're going to have to fight your way past me in line. After the last TT I'm going to be direct-messaging those dudes. I think this is the first time in like 20 years of cycling fandom that I wanted something because a pro wore it.

Apparently they might go on retail sale, though. Though "helmets from POC" might just refer to some variation on the road helmet.

that brand will likely mean "pieces of crap" to me for a good long while

once bought some arm warmers from them, and they looked like wizard's sleeves on me. No idea what they were up to.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like Thomas hit a bidon

https://twitter.com/.../1313114965620994051

at 20 seconds
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer for him, really bad luck. Wonder if they retool and go all in for Vuelta with him, Froome and Carapaz. Would be awesome GT conclusion for them to go up against J-V at full strength too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Bummer for him, really bad luck. Wonder if they retool and go all in for Vuelta with him, Froome and Carapaz. Would be awesome GT conclusion for them to go up against J-V at full strength too.

And what about Bernal? Is he calling it a season?
Quote Reply

Prev Next