Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
DeGendt looks like he wants to “waffle” this kid.

He wants to punk the kid, but damn he made the wrong bet

Carl Spackler wrote:
The big man can go uphill fast. It’s a pretty ideal climb for a guy with his class.

Indeed. Look at how aero even his climbing position is. Also, he was climbing in a track position. First time i've seen that. Baller

Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With two more ITT’s Ganna could have quite a Giro haul. How cool would it be to win first and final stages???
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Rubio has embraced Movistar’s race tactics for how to not win a race.

Haha. I wonder if that was all coming from the team car? What are these guys thinking?

Ganna was fun to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exciting final shaping up over in sunny Belgium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Exciting final shaping up over in sunny Belgium

Ah, I forgot! October 7th....that means de B. Pijl obviously!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MvdP, Ala and...Cosnefroy hanging in
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
MvdP, Ala and...Cosnefroy hanging in

Ha, Alaphillipe timed it correctly this time, but not by a whole lot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was smart to keep MvDP pinned on the boards for as long as possible.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
He was smart to keep MvDP pinned on the boards for as long as possible.

Yeah, pretty much this. Can't believe M vdP let them pin him though.

THe cobbled classics are shpaing up to be a real treat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ganna was definitely impressive today. Maybe he’s the next Indurain if they go back to 100k plus of TTing in grand tours (look for lots of TT at the Giro next year to support Italy’s new favorite son).

Would like to see Ganna do one more go on the track over the winter. Perhaps go to altitude and be the first to break 4:00 in the 4K pursuit. Then focus on Olympic TT gold next year. No Individual Pursuit in the Olympics, just the team pursuit.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
No Individual Pursuit in the Olympics, just the team pursuit.

Yeah, it's bananas that the U.S. couldn't find a way to get Ashton Lambie on the track team. Just get 3 guys who can sit on!

If there was IP, he'd be a good pick for silver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
J7 wrote:
No Individual Pursuit in the Olympics, just the team pursuit.

Yeah, it's bananas that the U.S. couldn't find a way to get Ashton Lambie on the track team. Just get 3 guys who can sit on!

If there was IP, he'd be a good pick for silver.

They did...the shortlist for Tokyo was, as I recall.

Ashton Lambie
John Croome
Colby Lange
Grant Koontz

They didn't qualify. John addresses it several times in various YT videos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love seeing the big boys get some, especially with hills. Love to see the power files for Ganna.

TdG was rolling! Rubio should've attacked or pulled once they made the catch. Youngsters....

Funny moment between TdG and Holmes before he went on his big adventure out. Wonder what was said.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:
They didn't qualify. John addresses it several times in various YT videos.

Yeah, by "didn't find a way" I mean they didn't succeed in qualifying. I cheering for those 4.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MvdP and Alaphilippe looked as though they were toying with everyone else; they're super strong right now. Cosnefroy is showing some one-day potential too.

But wtf is wrong with Alaphilippe and the pre-celebrations? Apparently he didn't learn his lesson last week...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's hilarious that he was so contrite after LBL and was all "that's the last time you'll ever see me do that" and 3 days later, same shit. If MvdP had of started his sprint one second earlier, LFF would have never lived that down.

Famous victory for Top Ganna, he must be a god in Italy right now. Likeable dude an amazing for an 83kg dude to pull off a mountain victory like that. His power file for that ride must be jaw dropping.

Looks like MvdP has been building up to the classics. I really hope Wout is able to keep his form for these upcoming races, it'll make for some fantastic racing.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far in the Giro, the blue jersey has been held by reknowned climbers Zabel, Sagan, and Ganna.

Wonder who will be next? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
MvdP and Alaphilippe looked as though they were toying with everyone else; they're super strong right now. Cosnefroy is showing some one-day potential too.

But wtf is wrong with Alaphilippe and the pre-celebrations? Apparently he didn't learn his lesson last week...

All about "showmanship"...

ClayDavis wrote:
It's hilarious that he was so contrite after LBL and was all "that's the last time you'll ever see me do that" and 3 days later, same shit. If MvdP had of started his sprint one second earlier, LFF would have never lived that down.

Famous victory for Top Ganna, he must be a god in Italy right now. Likeable dude an amazing for an 83kg dude to pull off a mountain victory like that. His power file for that ride must be jaw dropping.

Looks like MvdP has been building up to the classics. I really hope Wout is able to keep his form for these upcoming races, it'll make for some fantastic racing.

I hope he and Wout just go head-to-head and make everyone else chase. Breaks up the negative racing a bit. They probably wouldn't mind taking each other to the line for a sprint, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:

Haha, DeGendt is saying out loud what most cyclists don't: “Then he started attacking, so I made it my goal not to let him win."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:

Haha, DeGendt is saying out loud what most cyclists don't: “Then he started attacking, so I made it my goal not to let him win."

I just read it. Kinda like how Sagan wouldn't work with OPQS at 2017 Gent Wevelgem, thereby allowing GvA to get away with Debuscherre.

Props to DeGendt, I say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that's my new fav saying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Movistar's walk out song is "Enviar a los payasos" so he's definitely on right team.

Re; Top Ganna, wonder if he goes for ITT instead of team pursuit at Olympics. That seems like a better bet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:

Awesome. Expect no less from the guy who got pulled trying to crush folks on Zwift (and got heckled by the Gorilla).

He's on my short list of riders I'd love to have a pint with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Movistar's walk out song is "Enviar a los payasos" so he's definitely on right team.

Watching a quick replay, Rubio swapped pulls a few times early when the two were bridging over. I wonder if Rubio was screamed at over the radio for helping DeGendt. Then just became afraid of doing it when it actually made some sense.

If that's the case, I just feel bad for the kid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Watching a quick replay, Rubio swapped pulls a few times early when the two were bridging over. I wonder if Rubio was screamed at over the radio for helping DeGendt. Then just became afraid of doing it when it actually made some sense.

If that's the case, I just feel bad for the kid.

Getting in a break like that with TdG is a "growth opportunity" for the kid. And I'm guessing post stage there were more laughs than vitriol.

He's a trip. Looking forward to more adventures. I guess TdF was just training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next