Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
looks like Thomas hit a bidon

https://twitter.com/.../1313114965620994051

at 20 seconds

Ouch....that was very bad luck...i remember when Cancellara hit one like that....Flanders maybe? instant collarbone break.

Sort of surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Bummer for him, really bad luck. Wonder if they retool and go all in for Vuelta with him, Froome and Carapaz. Would be awesome GT conclusion for them to go up against J-V at full strength too.

In 2017 one of their directors told me their "secret weapon" was actually the guy in the car, Nicolas Portal. With his passing and their struggles since, I cannot help but wonder.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, right. Looks like one unlucky Ineos rider will get left off the podium.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a shame Thomas didn't start today. He looked proper strong during the TT, but the Giro claims him once again. I can't believe he only lost the time he didn't given what we know now about the broken pelvis.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
It's a shame Thomas didn't start today. He looked proper strong during the TT, but the Giro claims him once again. I can't believe he only lost the time he didn't given what we know now about the broken pelvis.

Nic Portal was by all accounts a cool guy and great with the riders. Sad, too young.

Thomas is one tough dude. Sucks that he's out. I wish some of these guys riding GTs would bulk up a bit, work on some punch and concentrate on one day races. I think they'd have more fun.

More important, Bora's kit along with the black Specialized bike, is a pretty good look.
Last edited by: McNulty: Oct 6, 20 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X winds...Bora is stretching it out, big time.
If Sunweb can come up late and crush it for Matthews, he's got a shot but it looks like Demare v Sagan right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’d think Sunweb and Confidis would pitch in to help, they don’t want Gaviria on either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan just can’t catch a break. That was vintage riding from him getting into position. Can’t get any closer than that.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 6, 20 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
You’d think Sunweb and Confidis would pitch in to help, they don’t want Gaviria on either.

Damn, that was some banging. I fell off my chair just watching. Amazing run in.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Crazy how a rogue water bottle can derail the chances of the clear favorite. I guess Sagan had it right when he said “that is f—-ing bike racing”.

It does really change the complexion of the race without there being a dominant TT rider amongst the GC contenders. On paper at least it does improve the chances for a guy like McNulty to do well. Supposedly he can throw down a good TT relative to the rest of the GC crowd.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Thomas out and Yates way down it really does make it hard to predict. I like Kelderman and Nibbles at this point. The less experienced dudes like Almeida, Caicedo, McNulty et al look good now but it's the third week that matters and the third week of this year's Giro looks like a doozy. So my money's on the veterans at this point, but the beauty of the Giro is that it's unpredictable, and this year's certainly no exception,
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer for GT. He was even prepared to start today, and just ride for his teammates. Good dude.

Should make for an exciting few weeks. Likely see more free for all's like yesterday. That kid Almeida looks like a real threat, especially with his Sunday performance.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Bummer for GT.

Yeah, if he could roll the clock back to January, he'd have been better off just going on a Wiggins-bender and be looking like Lampre-kit guy by now.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 6, 20 10:03
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Bummer for GT.

Yeah, if he could roll the clock back to January, he'd have been better off just going on a Wiggins-bender and be looking like Lampre-kit guy by now.

I miss that guy. Anybody got a pic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-MDf1nN6l/

Damn, that's Wiggo? He didn't waste any time.

This guy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems as though he's been sharing a few pints with the lads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buckle up: Nibali on a wet, technical descent to finish. This could be bonkers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe Ganna gets over the top ???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Buckle up: Nibali on a wet, technical descent to finish. This could be bonkers.

Not to mention the dark conditions. A headlight would be useful

Cagey game by De Gendt. Don't let a TT champ go. C'mon, a breakaway/TT guy like De Gendt should know this...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeGendt looks like he wants to “waffle” this kid.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big man can go uphill fast. It’s a pretty ideal climb for a guy with his class.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rubio has embraced Movistar’s race tactics for how to not win a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
DeGendt looks like he wants to “waffle” this kid.

Today made me hate Guerreiro.

Top Ganna is an absolute beast. The first 5 hours of the race he was averaging 336 W. No idea the NP. I'd love to know what he was doing the past 1.5 hours. Z

Zakarin once again proves to be a wanker on the descents.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by: turdburgler: Oct 7, 20 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
The big man can go uphill fast. It’s a pretty ideal climb for a guy with his class.

Yeah this is a power climb and with a descent this is made for him.
Quote Reply

Prev Next