Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
*Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers*
Quote | Reply
Welcome all. Cycling is back and rolling and so are we. Whose got the big predictions for the year? Will the races continue to experience virus related disruptions?

Let's get this back on track full gaz.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Jul 28, 20 5:49
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to be a downer, but i don’t know if the conditions would hold up all the way to the end of October.

Of course i'll spectate, but the signs from Spain don’t look good.

Having said that, i’m looking forward to Strade Bianche
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 28, 20 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff going on in the Vuelta a Burgos. Echelons all over the road. Evenepoel time trialing off the front. Pretty refreshing re-start.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and Remco is off the front with 25km remaining

looking forward to this Saturday but agree that we might not get very far with racing
ml baseball has already been hit at start

how are you/wife feeling ? no lingering aftereffects ?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you guys watching on? I’m not sure I can endure the Flobikes commentary, sounds like a cat 4 in his bedroom closet trying to call race.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you guys spectating this thing? Eurosport is showing snooker and Moto GP instead
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
How are you guys spectating this thing? Eurosport is showing snooker and Moto GP instead

Flo.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am excited but like others I have big doubts if we will get through this season.
Already Dowsett out of Burgos for covid precautionary reasons.
And Belgium seems to be going back into some sort of lockdwon

----------------------------
http://www.cyclewisecoaching.com
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I am excited but like others I have big doubts if we will get through this season.
Already Dowsett out of Burgos for covid precautionary reasons.
And Belgium seems to be going back into some sort of lockdwon


Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
**Thanks for restarting this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@trail LOL.
Trust me, I wish I couldn't hear myself :)

----------------------------
http://www.cyclewisecoaching.com
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
What are you guys watching on? I’m not sure I can endure the Flobikes commentary, sounds like a cat 4 in his bedroom closet trying to call race.

https://tiz-cycling.io/categories/stage-races/

Speak Spanish?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw an article that the coastal towns are allegedly not permitting MSR so they are now looking at inland options before hopefully including the final 40K of the traditional course.

ETA: https://www.cyclingnews.com/...l-towns-refuse-race/

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Last edited by: flynnzu: Jul 28, 20 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Are we doing picks for these races?
2. If so, are we keeping the points from opening weekend or starting anew?
3. Will Annemiek van Vleuten win more races than she loses this year?
4. Strade Bianche (the funnest parcours), featuring MvdP vs. WvA vs. LFF... could I be more excited?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
1. Are we doing picks for these races?
2. If so, are we keeping the points from opening weekend or starting anew?
3. Will Annemiek van Vleuten win more races than she loses this year?
4. Strade Bianche (the funnest parcours), featuring MvdP vs. WvA vs. LFF... could I be more excited?

Re: 1) & 2), depends on how @TriJoeri feels about it. Personally, I don't think I feel as invested as I was prior to the pandemic. Kinda the way I lost interest in the 2011 Giro after that horrible crash on stage 3. Still spectated, but not at the same level.

As for the alien, she's gonna alien, at the age of 38...

And with all that said, def looking forward to Strade Bianche. Was a bit surprised that Trentin won't be doing this one. Then again, knowing how GvA handles "frenemies", perhaps not the biggest surprise.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, I've been thinking about it as well for a while now but with the rules that are being implemented right now in Belgium (partial/local lockdowns), and with the Heistse Pijl already being cancelled, MSR being rerouted,.. I don't see the racing making it all the way through the revised calendar.. I don't think we're getting a TdF, or at least not a full 3 week one.

Let's enjoy the opening weekend and hopefully the few that will still follow, and hope that by October things have settled down a bit so we can still have the Ronde and P-R :)
The Strade is one of my favorites and the warm and nice weather conditions will definitely have an impact on the race. WvA already stated he knows he has to try to reach the final climb in Siena alone to not get dropped by lighter punchers, so I expect fireworks.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Jul 28, 20 22:21
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:
1. Are we doing picks for these races?
2. If so, are we keeping the points from opening weekend or starting anew?
3. Will Annemiek van Vleuten win more races than she loses this year?
4. Strade Bianche (the funnest parcours), featuring MvdP vs. WvA vs. LFF... could I be more excited?


Re: 1) & 2), depends on how @TriJoeri feels about it. Personally, I don't think I feel as invested as I was prior to the pandemic. Kinda the way I lost interest in the 2011 Giro after that horrible crash on stage 3. Still spectated, but not at the same level.

As for the alien, she's gonna alien, at the age of 38...

And with all that said, def looking forward to Strade Bianche. Was a bit surprised that Trentin won't be doing this one. Then again, knowing how GvA handles "frenemies", perhaps not the biggest surprise.

Perhaps not a big surprise regarding GvA and Trentin, but disappointing none the less. Trentin has already looked strong and Greg has lacked strong team options and has been isolated in the past few years.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Gaviria is suffering no ill effects that are visible from his viral infection a few months back. That was a strong finish from him.

I will be curious to see how van Vleuten goes at Strada. She is unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, she really is on another level but the other top women on a good day can stay just close enough to keep it interesting.

Young David Dekker (son of) just signed with Jumbo-Visma, oh shit
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they can work well together during the other races. Strade Bianchi may be one of the few races where strategy isnt as important (Moser’s victory in 2013 notwithstanding). One either has it to get over the hill, or not (FC working over Stybar and Brambilla in 2016, and OPQS wasnt guilty of harebrained tactics that day).

Trentin certainly appears to be a much more likable rider.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to re-watch tonight, but looked he won it going away. Even more impressive down 3 teammates.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was flying. Showed his race craftiness by picking right wheels.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 29, 20 12:06
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Trentin certainly appears to be a much more likable rider.

From every I interview I've ever heard from him he seems like a good dude.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go ahead and throw down my white road picks, even if it's just for show!

LFF
MdVP
Woods

Wildcards: Kwiatowski, Pogacar
Last edited by: trail: Jul 29, 20 15:54
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally. Trentin’s interviews are great listens, he comes across as very candid and down to earth.
Quote Reply

Prev Next