Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I couldn't really tell, but it didn't really look like a rolled tube to me. I guess we will see.

Agree. I put it in slow motion and couldn't see what happened.

Way way too long for information - really hope nothing terrible.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Jesus I hope Dygert is okay.

Seems a gentler drop-off than what Remco went through. Still doesn't look good...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just re-watched the crash. It looked to me like she started to overcorrect and the front wheel began to wobble very quickly. I can't tell if it was just loss of control from the gripping of the tyre during the overcorrection or if that tyre was punctured. I hope we get an update with some decent news.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Hope she can stay on the gas.

Oh f***

What happened there? Rolled tubular?

She was running a clincher up front.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oof.

Supposedly she's conscious and talking at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, the updates are not good...

Hope she can recover quickly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw pix in twitter and a pretty serious gash on her leg (knee). Sad to say, but there will be no road race for Chloe.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [hbog12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looked horrendous. I wish I wouldn't have searched that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fuck. That looks like Phinney a few years back.

I'd be willing to bet that's her career. Sure as hell she won't be doing the Tokyo games...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like Wout won’t race the classics or Tour in 2020? She has suffered numerous injuries, wouldn’t count her out before knowing extent of this one.

Looked bad, best wishes for her.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
severed quad muscles and ligaments according to her Dad. i'm not a doctor and i didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but can someone even come back from that? she is only 23, so that helps.

note to self, stay the fuck away from Italian guardrails.
Last edited by: hbog12: Sep 24, 20 14:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fucking brutal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hbog12 wrote:
severed quad muscles and ligaments according to her Dad. i'm not a doctor and i didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but can someone even come back from that? she is only 23, so that helps.

note to self, stay the fuck away from Italian guardrails.

Or any guard rails, for that matter.

Damn, wishing her a speedy recovery...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I just re-watched the crash. It looked to me like she started to overcorrect and the front wheel began to wobble very quickly. I can't tell if it was just loss of control from the gripping of the tyre during the overcorrection or if that tyre was punctured. I hope we get an update with some decent news.

I think she just misjudged it. Looks like she tried taking it in the aerobars, and by the time she realized she couldn’t it was too late.
I don’t like making assumptions, but maybe she was fine during a pre-ride, but at race speed with the extra tailwind coming back, that corner ended up running a little tighter than she thought it would.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [quadlt250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ganna mentioned in an interview that he saw the crash and was familiar with that spot. He mentioned that on his recons he had to be on the horns with his hands on the brakes during that sector.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this thread. Sometimes a spoiler is a good thing. After Remco, I don't have to see this one.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wise choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://usacycling.org/...-world-championships

I guess it is good news, I guess they are sounding hopeful she'll be ready for Tokyo

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have to be encouraged by what Wout's done this year as it seems a similar injury to Chloe's.

Assume the UCI will be extra cautious with padding on the course today.

I think Ganna will do it. Won't be surprised if Rohan matches the panzerwagon's three peat, but his form is a big question mark and Hanna's is not.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFC. Ineos are out of control. Porte, Pidcock, de Plus and Martinez all wrapped up and officially announced. Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, anyone know what her splits were prior to the crash? I get the impression that she completed at least one lap at that point?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think she was ahead by 24 seconds at the first split.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
JFC. Ineos are out of control. Porte, Pidcock, de Plus and Martinez all wrapped up and officially announced. Sheesh.

Ineos has a way of just twisting the knife slowly in me. And Martinez was like that last little twist.

They're also on track for 1-3 in this ITT thing.

Edit: Martinez had a very respectable TT for a climber type.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 25, 20 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G rode one hell of a TT, but Ganna is fucking destroying the field.

Agreed on Ineos. I loved Martinez on EF. How can I forget their acquisition of Yates too. Just an insane amount of quality they have hoarded,
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update to my women's RR picks since Dygert is out:

Women's RR: Longo-Borghini, Vos, Cecile Utrup Ludwig
Quote Reply

Prev Next