Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't doubt Pogocar's ability to have been taking copious notes yesterday, and Gilbert away.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MvdP looked like he was coughing up a lung after his win Wednesday over a weaker field in a shorter race. I'm not sure how he will cope with Laporte, Benoot, and Asgreen joining the others in the much longer race Sunday. Too bad Wout is out because he was in freaking beast mode this Spring.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wout is COVID + and will not race Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, well there it is.

Here's a question... Laporte and Benoot are both strong riders, but how much does Wout's absence affect them? I think Benoot fairs better than Laporte here. Not necessarily that Laporte has ridden Wout's coattails, but he's really benefited from them racing together whereas I think Benoot is maybe more able to do his own thing. We'll see on Sunday I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping this was some shitty April Fools thing.

Speaking of, in this time of insanity, April Fools is tiring.

On to Flanders now. Send it Victor!

If I had my druthers I would have JV and Lotto do some talking. Get Wellens and the stache to work with LaPorte. Send Benoot and Victor long and let the best man win.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Apr 1, 22 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Pog, Mohoric, Asgreen
MvdP, GvA
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Alright, well there it is.

Here's a question... Laporte and Benoot are both strong riders, but how much does Wout's absence affect them? I think Benoot fairs better than Laporte here. Not necessarily that Laporte has ridden Wout's coattails, but he's really benefited from them racing together whereas I think Benoot is maybe more able to do his own thing. We'll see on Sunday I guess.

I watched LaPorte with Covidis and thought, this dude is always around, good sprint. He knows how to Peto his way around without major team strength. I think he has a better shot than Benoot only because he's more likely to sit on good wheels and he has the form to get up the climbs and to do the banging necessary to get position. Other than getting away with Wout to go 1-2, Wout was working for Wout- except perhaps recently at Gent.

So I think they're riding for LaPorte which may pressure him or help him.

IF Benoot gets away to the extent that they have to chase, then LaPorte is singing Free Ride and can win a 3 or 4 or 5 up. Maybe better if Benoot sherpas LaPorte hope to get him to the final move? He also has Teunissen who should go deep into the race. I think when Wout is riding, Benoot is told (or more inclined) to get up the road. But without Wout? I'm guessing maybe he waits and marks attacks. LaPorte right now seems to have just the right mix of punch and enduro to win this. If Asgreen or MvDP (or whatever the beast combination ends up being) don't shake him I think he can win it at the line.

That said, the line is at 272k.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this strays a bit from the main topic here, but does anyone have more details on Jolanda Neff's announcement of coming to team USA?

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit if true, but not surprising based on where she lives and her partner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also not off topic IMO. Women's cycling is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check her Instagram, rocking the stars and bars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

Stripes. Stars and stripes. :)
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

Good call.

Pretty sure Stars and Bars is a nickname of one of the traitors' flags. Not good to mix up that moniker with the Stars and Stripes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sulliesbrew wrote:
I know this strays a bit from the main topic here, but does anyone have more details on Jolanda Neff's announcement of coming to team USA?

As for the actual substance of discussion, do you mean serving as a technical adviser for the national team or do you mean actually representing the U.S. in competition?
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 1, 22 17:09
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the Video she stays she racing for the USA. Her boyfriend is from North Carolina.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LaPorte, Asgreen, MvdP
Pogacar, Mads

WvA confirmed out with the Covid.

Tomorrow I open my 2022 account by receiving a world-class beat down here https://www.ridefishrock.com/raceinfo
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Apr 1, 22 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update before the race begins.

MvdP, Pog, Benoot
Asgreen, Campaneaerts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will concede the bars vs stripes, when worn vertically they strike me as bars I guess.

And yeah, as noted, racing for team USA. It just seems like a huge jump, do have to be an American citizen to race for Team USA?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

And yeah, as noted, racing for team USA. It just seems like a huge jump, do have to be an American citizen to race for Team USA?

In general yes; representation requires citizenship. She can still maintain her Swiss citizenship.

There’s a greencard for extraordinary talent, and she def meets the criteria for that (unlike someone who recently resided in the White House)

jellybelly wrote:
In the Video she stays she racing for the USA. Her boyfriend is from North Carolina.

Wonder how this would affect team dynamics. I think there are at least two other elite XC MTBers on the U.S. squad (Courtney and one other)? Someone might miss out on int’l competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haley Batten (not 100% on spelling) would be the other, she had an amazing season last year. I could see it earning the USA another slot at world's and the olympics. I think she will be great for womens cycling in the states.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Haley Batten (not 100% on spelling) would be the other, she had an amazing season last year. I could see it earning the USA another slot at world's and the olympics. I think she will be great for womens cycling in the states.

Has she confirmed a switch also?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haley is an American, not chaning teams though, and kind of usurped Kate Courtney's lightning last year. Haley had a lot more consistency and won a couple XCC events last year. The USA will now have 3 strong riders when riding as a national team.

I should clarify I was looking at it from a national team the whole time and not from the trade team side.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I will concede the bars vs stripes, when worn vertically they strike me as bars I guess.

I think you need to check the date she posted that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

Good call.

Pretty sure Stars and Bars is a nickname of one of the traitors' flags. Not good to mix up that moniker with the Stars and Stripes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sulliesbrew wrote:

As for the actual substance of discussion, do you mean serving as a technical adviser for the national team or do you mean actually representing the U.S. in competition?

Seriously? Is that a confederate reference? Do bars mean something i dont get? I wouldn't have known. I thought that is what you call it.

We are mostly finished moving to Maryland. Despite my time here in the states before and now I have a hard time figuring out some of this. I remain confused. :)

I will say one thing that is interesting...people here are crazy nice to Pauline and I. We have mostly finished our transfer to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. Goodness this country internationally gets grief, but just to say it, your people are pretty awesome. I think that the more different we sound and look the nicer and more interested you'll (Uuuu All?) have been. However that is spelled.

The families and people who live around our property are 180 degrees different from what I know, but are lovely. Im certain if we talked politics it would be shie, but the way they approach and welcome us is amazing. This is a very rambling tangent, but I really feel at home here. I grew up in the countryside and at least where I'm at now it feels like that again.

Bringing it back home, I have to remember Stars and bars. There are too many big guns here, and I have a penchant for mincing my words without awareness.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watown wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

I think you need to check the date she posted that.

Haha. Not again! Lol

I'm tired of April jokes. It's going on a few years and it seems like they aren't going away ever!
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my first reaction, but they did team pics and all the fun us she mentioned working with little Bellas with the change etc. I don't think you'd bring up something like that has a joke.

Quote Reply

Prev Next