Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobrelli, Wellens, Jungels,
Benoot Bo Haag
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colbrelli, Impey, Wellens
Jakobsen, Benoot

wild guesses here
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Brabantse I'm going to say:
Colbrelli, Eddy Boss, Benoot
Teuns, Impey
Last edited by: ClayDavis: Apr 10, 18 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Does Sagan factor in for Amstel? I saw somewhere he is confirmed for the race but I am not exactly sure why. Is he just riding out his current peak fitness or doing it for sponsorship? Doesn't seem like his ideal course, however I suppose you can never really count him out if he is on form and feeling good.

Yes, he has been on the podium before, granted a different course than the current finish. It will come down to how the race plays out but the climbs are not long enough to really drop him. With the flat finish and lots of chances to regroup after the final hard climbs he could be a factor in multiple ways. At the end of the day why not? At the start of his career many thought he would be better suited for the ardennes classics and he himself has said the only reason he does race them more often is the difficult in extending the form for another month and then trying to rebuild for the TDF.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: Apr 10, 18 15:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Benoot Bo Haag

Colbrelli, Benoot, Gasparatto,
Wellens, Verona
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 10, 18 16:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picks for Brabantse Piji:

Wellens, Collbrelli, Impey

Benoot, Boasson Hagen

Last edited by: noodle_soup: Apr 10, 18 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benoot, wellens , herrada
lindeman, kobayashi :)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kobayashi’s slight build should favor the Ardennes. Will be interesting to see if his impressive competitive resume translates here
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colbrelli, Benoot, Impey

Teuns, Jungels
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latest tally up. I'm beginning to think that we should get rid of this event for the future unless they invite more World Tour teams

eb wrote:
Colbrelli, Benoot, Impey

Teuns, Jungels

4 points

heyMartin wrote:
benoot, wellens , herrada
lindeman, kobayashi :)

4 points

echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Benoot Bo Haag

Colbrelli, Benoot, Gasparatto,
Wellens, Verona

5 points

ClayDavis wrote:
For Brabantse I'm going to say:
Colbrelli, Eddy Boss, Benoot
Teuns, Impey

4 points

dsmallwood wrote:
Colbrelli, Impey, Wellens
Jakobsen, Benoot

wild guesses here

5 points

McNulty wrote:
Benoot Bo Haag

5 points

Carl Spackler wrote:
Bradantse Pijl:
Benoot, Jungels, Colbrelli
Teuns, Wellens

5 points

noodle_soup wrote:
Picks for Brabantse Piji:

Wellens, Collbrelli, Impey

Benoot, Boasson Hagen

you are on a roll lately. 7 points!
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 11, 18 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just watched BdP on fubo. that looks like a really fun course. it would be a great local ride.

awesome job by wellens. very good job by benoot to slow the chase. great teamwork.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
just watched BdP on fubo. that looks like a really fun course. it would be a great local ride.

awesome job by wellens. very good job by benoot to slow the chase. great teamwork.

indeed. Well played by Lotto; they need that victory

amazing what a well-designed course can do for excitement. None of the hills are particularly long, but makes a difference anyway.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if all those ridiculously steep hills of Liege are truly necessary. They don't seem to be selective (although they should), nor do they really encourage attacking from anyone but welterweights who can't sustain a move off the front. It used to be an entertaining race, and the last 30km was full of action, but that hasn't happened since 2012. An uphill sprint is no better than a flat sprint, albeit the former has more time gaps and takes a bit longer... Getting rid of the final rise in Ans may be a good call, but I don't see how that race could get exciting without the removal of either St. Nicholas or Roche aux Faucon. Amstel seemed to have found a nice solution by making the closing kilometers less difficult, but it encouraged attacking from 30-40 km out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice to see Wellens' aggression pay off.....
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:

What's BdP?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:

What's BdP?

my abbreviation for De Brabantse Pijl
that was today's race
I was trying not to type it out
It almost worked

edit:
and it should have been DBP
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Apr 11, 18 10:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since beer is on my mind and I have to travel for work, getting Amstel picks in:
Sagan, Kwiato, Wellens,
Martin, Gilbert
Really want to pick Gatto. Also good to see Nibali swapping more classics paint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Since beer is on my mind and I have to travel for work, getting Amstel picks in:
Sagan, Kwiato, Wellens,
Martin, Gilbert
Really want to pick Gatto. Also good to see Nibali swapping more classics paint.

Good picks, i also think on the velogames competition were are 10 points apart so it will come down to the wire! I will get my picks done early as well as I'm off to joe martin stage race this weekend. For Amstel i think Gilbert is off form this season, just does not seem to have it and its not like he is riding into form after all the classics work. I would love to see Sagan win and silence the haters but it will come down to tactics and his form.

Sagan, Colbrelli, Valverde
Gilbert and Skujines for the ultra long shot
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My picks for the Amstel Gold Race:

Kwiato, Wellens, Sagan
Gilbert, Nibali

Find it hard to pick a few guys, wanted to put Stybar and maybe Terpstra in there as well, don't think GvA has it but still.. It's going to be an interesting one
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sagan, valverde, kwia
izagirre, martin
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I've already shit the bed this year, going completely off the rails:

Matthews, Woods, Martin
Roglic, Teuns

Edit: Swithched my pick from Haas to Matthews since it looks like Haas won't start.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 13, 18 20:10
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
My picks for the Amstel Gold Race:

Kwiato, Wellens, Sagan
Gilbert, Nibali

Find it hard to pick a few guys, wanted to put Stybar and maybe Terpstra in there as well, don't think GvA has it but still.. It's going to be an interesting one

funny, those are my picks too
Kwiato and Wellens are legit podium picks
Sagan is the wildcard podium pick and
Gilbert and Nibali are my emotional wildcard picks

I am debating the more mature choices of Colbrelli or ValVerde
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, Gilbert has 3rd at Flanders and 2nd at E3 and he's off form? He could have won at Flanders if his Robo teammate didn't just power away. The Ardennes are his jam. And then there's Alaphillipe, pretty punchy too.

Darth Valverde will factor, of course.

Mike Matthews is back. Kwiat? You guys see something I don't? He's been underwhelming I think. Rusty Woods and Sep will be aggressive.

Wellens.

Kreuziger, Albasini, Benoot....Gasparatto, Cobrelli, and Nibs have a nice 1/2/3.....I'm feeling like Stormy over here, so many men, so little time.

Oh yeah, and Sagan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long could Lionel just follow the peleton this Sunday? 100km, 150km,...?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol. Follow? Dude would have crashed a million times.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Since I've already shit the bed this year, going completely off the rails:

Haas, Woods, Martin
Roglic, Teuns

I like it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next