Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbump wrote:
Hi Nate,
I did that FTP test the other day and accepted it. Right after I accepted I saw that it did change under my profile page.

Today I opened TR and during my workout (first since the FTP test) I noticed my FTP was back on 200. Checked the profile tab and it's at 200 there again as well.
Also I can uncheck the box for automatically posting my workout to FB, close the app, open it, and it is check again.

Let me know what I can do. Thanks

I've had this experience too. Relatively new user, on OSX, FTP resets to the baseline 200 which is not my tested FTP (same with LTHR). A minor thing, all I need to do is manually enter the tested value before launching a workout, but I'm wondering what I can do to correct this permanently?

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to say thanks for the program.

This is my first winter of putting in trainer time.

I just completed my first 24 hours and re-tested.. added 10 to my FTP! I'm happy!

I'm excited to see what the next few months of improvement hold for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [.david.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad to hear it, David! Keep up the good work and thanks for the kinds words. And happy holidays!

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deej wrote:
cbump wrote:
Hi Nate,
I did that FTP test the other day and accepted it. Right after I accepted I saw that it did change under my profile page.

Today I opened TR and during my workout (first since the FTP test) I noticed my FTP was back on 200. Checked the profile tab and it's at 200 there again as well.
Also I can uncheck the box for automatically posting my workout to FB, close the app, open it, and it is check again.

I've had this experience too. Relatively new user, on OSX, FTP resets to the baseline 200 which is not my tested FTP (same with LTHR). A minor thing, all I need to do is manually enter the tested value before launching a workout, but I'm wondering what I can do to correct this permanently?

Ok so this happened to me a couple months ago. I had to manually reset it about 4 times, since then it remained consistent and I havent had to reset. Not sure what the bug was but appears to be temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNewbieZA wrote:
Deej wrote:
cbump wrote:
Hi Nate,

Ok so this happened to me a couple months ago. I had to manually reset it about 4 times, since then it remained consistent and I havent had to reset. Not sure what the bug was but appears to be temporary.

I had another issue related to this, so asked TrainerRoad Support, here's what I got from them - very fast I might add - since it's a known recurring issue, posting here for all too:

This is a known issue in our system at the moment.
We do have a temporary fix that seems to be working for users.

Lets have you log out of all apps, desktop and iOS.
After that lets have you log into the website, and change your FTP here: https://www.trainerroad.com/profile/rider-information
I suggest logging out of each app after use. I would avoid logging into the app on multiple devices.

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Chad,

thanks for taking the time to answer here, great stuff! My question(s):

I'm using TR to prepare for two races in the first and third week auf August, respectively. Race 1 is 150km with 2200m elevation gain and race 2 is 180km with 3800m elevation gain (for both the elevation gains are split up mainly on to two or three mountain passes of up to 1500m elevation gain).

So, due to limited time I've started with the low volume sweet spot base and I'll be finishing the first 6-week-block in a week; after finishing base I'll go through the sustained power build.

What specialty plan should I follow - climbing road race or century? I heard there might be a double century plan?
The climbing road race (low) version prepares for a 2-3 hour climbing race. I have to do double (first race) and three times (2nd race) that much.
Can I really prepare for such races with this plan? E.g., can I just swap out the weekend rides for long, easier rides to get mileage/saddle time?
Also, how many months in advance should I do these longer rides - if I start this now, I'm afraid I'll lose motivation at some point. But I don't want to start too late either.

Oh and one more thing more targeted at Nate:

When doing the workouts and entering an interval, I usually start with a cadence of ~85-90. The longer the interval goes on, the higher my cadence gets. I want to keep it within 95 (as I don't really feel good above that), but if I want to hit the watts I need to go well beyond that because I feel like TR is adjusting the resistance on my trainer so that I will use a higher cadence, even if I shift to a harder gear. Is that the case or am I just misreading anything there? Any way to change it?

Any help is appreciated!
Last edited by: leschaf: Nov 26, 15 16:05
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [leschaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bit of help please. I have iphone 6s and garmin speed and cadence sensor gs10 I believe. Also purchased wahoo ant+ key and apple 30 pin lightning adapter. TR installed on Iphone. For some reason its not picking up my garmin sensor. Am I doing something wrong? read somewhere there are fake apple 30 pin lightning adapters on Amazon which is where I bot mine. How can I confirm this? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure your bluetooth is on. I had the same issue with my ipad. Turned on bluetooth and discovered all devices.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks but yes my Bluetooth was on. damn wish it was that ez. still probably something stupid im not doing right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Check and make sure you have battery power in the speed cadence sensor. In particular, check and make sure some other known good Ant+ device is picking up the signal. Could be a problem with magnets etc. too and have nothing to do with Ant+ pick up at the iPhone end.

2. Have you paired the device? Ant+ devices have to pair.

3. Try the Ant+ dongle on a 30 pin connector device if you have one. If it picks up there, you will know it's not your Wahoo dongle.

4. Try the lightning/30 pin adapter with another 30 pin device and see if that works. If that device works, then you know the adapter isn't the problem.

If the sensor, dongle and the adapter are working, then you probable need to get a hold of TrainerRoad tech support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding the new windows app. Instructions doesn't work for me, which is enjoying. And I think that the new way that the plans are implemented is great, but I would LOVE it if I could pick a plan and the program tracks my progress in it. Other than this, the new app is a huge improvement of something already awesome. Keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Oko. thanks for the tips. I tried to pair my laptop that I had been using with TR and it wouldn't pair so it looks like the battery may be the issue. I'll get that replaced and try again.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ghostwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghostwind wrote:
Nate,

Just started using TR and noticed that it records nulls instead of zeroes for power when "coasting"/not-pedalling. Obviously I don't do this all that often on an indoor trainer as I do outdoors, but isn't this a bug? Null power that should be zero will inflate NP, etc. Cadence is correctly recorded as zeros.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

For null vs zero, it depends on what type of power meter you have. If you're on a powertap or kickr, you'll get zeros while you coast (as data will still update). I think the newer quarqs also send out zeros for a bit after you stop pedaling.

For TSS calcs, we (and training peaks) treat null as a zero for NP calcs, so you won't have inflated TSS/NP/IF if you're not pedaling.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
Regarding the new windows app. Instructions doesn't work for me, which is enjoying. And I think that the new way that the plans are implemented is great, but I would LOVE it if I could pick a plan and the program tracks my progress in it. Other than this, the new app is a huge improvement of something already awesome. Keep up the good work!

The picking of training plans and executing against it will be out soon!

There's a tricky bug that we're trying to fix for the on screen instructions. On most machines it works perfectly, one some machines it comes out very small. We're actively working on fixing that.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
thanks Oko. thanks for the tips. I tried to pair my laptop that I had been using with TR and it wouldn't pair so it looks like the battery may be the issue. I'll get that replaced and try again.

If you still run into problems drop us a line at support@trainerroad.com. You can also go to our site and do the live chat, you'll talk to the same support agents you would if you emailed but get a faster response :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using a power2max, and my Garmin records zeros as zeros by comparison. So it's not like it's not sending zeros (it would only do that - as would ANY power meter - after it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity). So TR is putting in nulls for some reason instead of the zeros the meter is sending. Surely that is a bug no? Average power is inflated though.

Ryan

Nate Pearson wrote:
ghostwind wrote:
Nate,

Just started using TR and noticed that it records nulls instead of zeroes for power when "coasting"/not-pedalling. Obviously I don't do this all that often on an indoor trainer as I do outdoors, but isn't this a bug? Null power that should be zero will inflate NP, etc. Cadence is correctly recorded as zeros.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

For null vs zero, it depends on what type of power meter you have. If you're on a powertap or kickr, you'll get zeros while you coast (as data will still update). I think the newer quarqs also send out zeros for a bit after you stop pedaling.

For TSS calcs, we (and training peaks) treat null as a zero for NP calcs, so you won't have inflated TSS/NP/IF if you're not pedaling.
Quote Reply
Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,

I'm a loyal trainer roadie. I can't say enough about how much I get out of it. Thank you.

I was curious as to if there is an ETA regarding the full triathlon training plan that integrates running and swimming workouts that I received an email about. I would love to take a look at these before committing to a program going into next year.

Thanks,
Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Chad/Nate,

Any idea as to when the Triathlon specific base + build will be up on the site?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [caferacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caferacer wrote:
Hey Chad/Nate,

Any idea as to when the Triathlon specific base + build will be up on the site?

Thanks!

Here's the internal timeline...but I'm only showing this because you guys know that shit happens and we might miss it.

As of right now, Chad is supposed to get the team the plans by Thursday by noon. Then the devs put it in a site Thursday afternoon, then our design team styles the swim/run workouts friday, and we update the live site Friday evening.

That's if EVERYTHING goes just right :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ghostwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghostwind wrote:
Using a power2max, and my Garmin records zeros as zeros by comparison. So it's not like it's not sending zeros (it would only do that - as would ANY power meter - after it goes into sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity). So TR is putting in nulls for some reason instead of the zeros the meter is sending. Surely that is a bug no? Average power is inflated though.

Ryan

Nate Pearson wrote:
ghostwind wrote:
Nate,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

It depends on the power meter. The way they did ANT+ power is sort of annoying. When you stop pedaling an older Quarq it just stops sending info. So if you don't do a full crank arm revolution it will just stop sending data. We don't know if we got a dropout or if someone stop coasting. We also don't know when to display that as a zero or null. IE, should we wait 1/4 second? 1 second? 5 seconds before we show null/0?

If your P2M sends zeros then we'll record zeros for it, it's likely that your Garmin records zeros when it's really not getting any data from the P2M. Either way, it shouldn't affect the power calculations. If it is, that's a bug/problem that we need to fix.

Can you send me a garmin file and point me to a TR ride where you recorded both that had bad average data? I can then compare the files and it will help us pinpoint the problem. You can email me directly at nate@trainerroad.com.

Thanks!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jjtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjtris wrote:
Hi Nate,

I'm a loyal trainer roadie. I can't say enough about how much I get out of it. Thank you.

I was curious as to if there is an ETA regarding the full triathlon training plan that integrates running and swimming workouts that I received an email about. I would love to take a look at these before committing to a program going into next year.

Thanks,
Jason

Check out my reply above this one. In short, the answer is ASAP :). As soon as Coach Chad is done it's a sprint to get them up.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, thanks guys!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the latest TR Beta and have noticed a couple things and wonder if anyone else has noticed. Again this is a Beta so I understand that these things are in the works to be refined.

The reason I have been trying the TR Beta is because I have also been trying out the E-Motion roller wireless control and it seems to pair up with the controller a bit better than the released version for some reason. But I have noticed that the large pause icon does not go away once the interval or workout starts. It remains covering the lap timer and a good portion of the total time. The other thing is, and I thought maybe it is the wireless controller, is that it seems to be tracking a bit under the target now.

On the Kickr last night it was about 18 watts avg. below the TR interval target using power meter control option. In the public version it usually a touch above the target.
On the E-Motion roller over the weekend it was about 21 watts avg. below the TR interval targets using power meter control.

Anyone trying out the Beta at the moment and have noticed something similar?
Again not a big deal because this is a Beta. I am just curious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a difference in how the Kicker is controlled by the power meter if it is set to different power smoothing settings. Or is that just for display purposes.
The last ride I did was Warlow on the Kickr on the new beta with no power smoothing. Power was all over the place. AP was 10 watts over on some of the Vo2max intervals with power spikes 50 watts over. That workout is tough enough without having to deal with all of that.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
I've been using the latest TR Beta and have noticed a couple things and wonder if anyone else has noticed. Again this is a Beta so I understand that these things are in the works to be refined.

The reason I have been trying the TR Beta is because I have also been trying out the E-Motion roller wireless control and it seems to pair up with the controller a bit better than the released version for some reason. But I have noticed that the large pause icon does not go away once the interval or workout starts. It remains covering the lap timer and a good portion of the total time. The other thing is, and I thought maybe it is the wireless controller, is that it seems to be tracking a bit under the target now.

On the Kickr last night it was about 18 watts avg. below the TR interval target using power meter control option. In the public version it usually a touch above the target.
On the E-Motion roller over the weekend it was about 21 watts avg. below the TR interval targets using power meter control.

Anyone trying out the Beta at the moment and have noticed something similar?
Again not a big deal because this is a Beta. I am just curious.

For the pause thing, that's a bug. It can happen if someone has their mouse over pause then starts via cadence. To make it go away just move the mouse a bit and it will fade. We have task to fix it next week.

Could you link me to the workouts where the power didn't match? I can check the logs and see if there was any problem communicating with your trainer.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next