Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was re-watching the custom workout creator video and didn't see this. I use TR with a Kickr and have always run my workouts in ERG mode. Well there are some more complex workouts where I would like to switch back and forth between ERG mode and Standard mode for different segments. I know the Rubber Glove workout does that, so figured there has to be a way to do it in WC. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
Today was my first day of using trainer road and it was nothing short of frustrating. I am using a bluetooth cadence/speed sensor with my macbook. Set up was super easy and i was on my way. After about 5 minutes the sensor wasn't being picked up anymore. I tried to pair it again but it wouldn't do anything. I restarted trainer road then paired it again... it worked, but i lost my place in my workout. This process happened every 3-5 minutes, over and over.

Does anyone have a fix for this? If this is what I am in for then my relationship with trainer road is going to be short lived.

Hey Sloth, that does sound frustrating. Could you be using a Jarv speed/cadence device? We've had some problems with that. Could you e-mail us at support@trainerroad.com? We'll work on sorting it out for you. It could also be a device signal issue.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbrnut wrote:
I was re-watching the custom workout creator video and didn't see this. I use TR with a Kickr and have always run my workouts in ERG mode. Well there are some more complex workouts where I would like to switch back and forth between ERG mode and Standard mode for different segments. I know the Rubber Glove workout does that, so figured there has to be a way to do it in WC. Thanks.

There's no way to do it in the WC right now :(. We have plans to add it but we're focused on iOS and live workouts right now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
The Sloth wrote:
Today was my first day of using trainer road and it was nothing short of frustrating. I am using a bluetooth cadence/speed sensor with my macbook. Set up was super easy and i was on my way. After about 5 minutes the sensor wasn't being picked up anymore. I tried to pair it again but it wouldn't do anything. I restarted trainer road then paired it again... it worked, but i lost my place in my workout. This process happened every 3-5 minutes, over and over.

Does anyone have a fix for this? If this is what I am in for then my relationship with trainer road is going to be short lived.

Hey Sloth, that does sound frustrating. Could you be using a Jarv speed/cadence device? We've had some problems with that. Could you e-mail us at support@trainerroad.com? We'll work on sorting it out for you. It could also be a device signal issue.
Your problem ain't Trainer road.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trekker wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
The Sloth wrote:

I am going to have to agree with you. Customer support from Trainer Road is AMAZING. They have helped me with this issue and while we couldn't fix it, they were more than helpful in providing feedback and ideas. ANT+ setup has been ordered, hopefully that will fix all issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
trekker wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
The Sloth wrote:

I am going to have to agree with you. Customer support from Trainer Road is AMAZING. They have helped me with this issue and while we couldn't fix it, they were more than helpful in providing feedback and ideas. ANT+ setup has been ordered, hopefully that will fix all issues.

I was wondering if you were the same guy :). You made Liz giggle all day. She said you're favorite and you actually had the whole team reading your support e-mails. They were very funny :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Godzilla didn't have fun today...

Last edited by: The Sloth: May 3, 14 0:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
Godzilla didn't have fun today...

LOL!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to share this. I know my bike fitness is crap but this was my first ride after a 20 month period off from triathlon. I was using a P2M and kk road machine. First experience with power.
It calculated my ftp at 156. It's a starting point at least.

[URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/...zps0ca4c6fa.png.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, got an "ANT Channel Error" message last night for the first time and couldnt get TR to pick up my ANT+ USB stick. How do I fix? (Windows 8)

Edited: Sorry - will send email to support rather. Need to get this fixed before le Tour :)
Last edited by: TriNewbieZA: May 8, 14 22:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

Any insight on the discrepancy I am seeing between TR and my 910 with reported power figures from my power2max?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5076611#5076611

Sorry to post a link but I can't easily copy all the text on this tablet and it's a bear to retype.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Nate,

Any insight on the discrepancy I am seeing between TR and my 910 with reported power figures from my power2max?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5076611#5076611

Sorry to post a link but I can't easily copy all the text on this tablet and it's a bear to retype.

Make sure VirtualPower is off, also make sure that your smoothing isn't set to 60 seconds or something like that on your Garmin. I'd remove all smoothing on both apps to have them match.

Looks like both apps are reporting the same calibration offset, so that's good. That would be the other thing I'd check.

I personally think it's the smoothing setting on your Garmin. But if that doesn't help e-mail us at support@trainerroad.com and we'll figure out what's going on. Those numbers should be in lock step every second.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNewbieZA wrote:
Hi, got an "ANT Channel Error" message last night for the first time and couldnt get TR to pick up my ANT+ USB stick. How do I fix? (Windows 8)

Edited: Sorry - will send email to support rather. Need to get this fixed before le Tour :)

Try removing the ANT USB stick and plugging it back in, but yes, support@trainerroad.com will sort you out. :-D

Tour starts in 18 hours! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just raced 4/26/14 and I used the trainer road half plan. For the running I used a form of the BarryP plan off of Slowtwitch. I ran 6 days a week, all of the running was easy. M - 6, t-3, W-6, Th-3, F-6, S-10 for a 34 mile week. I swam on Monday & Friday, you could add Wednesday. For the Bike days I went Tu, Th & Sunday. Using this i was around 9-10 hours a week in training. I had good results 42/142 overall and my bike split improved. I did a small review of using the trainer road at my blog.

http://bigmikega.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
TriNewbieZA wrote:

Try removing the ANT USB stick and plugging it back in, but yes, support@trainerroad.com will sort you out. :-D

Tour starts in 18 hours! :)
Yeah I tried the normal plug in / plug out stuff first but it didnt work. Went into the Device Manager (based on support page on website) and saw I should maybe look there.....turns out after using the same ANT+ usb stick for 4 months I now had to install the drivers for it??? Computers....dont make sense.

Any way crisis averted....ready for the tour!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,
I did that FTP test the other day and accepted it. Right after I accepted I saw that it did change under my profile page.

Today I opened TR and during my workout (first since the FTP test) I noticed my FTP was back on 200. Checked the profile tab and it's at 200 there again as well.
Also I can uncheck the box for automatically posting my workout to FB, close the app, open it, and it is check again.

Let me know what I can do. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, I have a brand new Garmin Ant M stick and have today it lost connection in the middle of my ride. I keep getting an ANT channel error and have to replug it in multiple times to get it to read it.
Last edited by: cbump: May 11, 14 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first half distance tri.
Hadn't ridden more than 60km before starting the mid volume half plan.
I felt very relaxed on the bike, the hours of training using trainer road really paid off!
I exceeded my race day expectations when starting the season averaging just over 32km/hr on a road bike. Legs still felt really strong for the run, I think I could have pushed a lot harder for the bike with the base I had built up.
Will be using TR as the backbone of my full distance training now.
Thanks for making a great product guys!

Its about the entire journey, not just the moment you cross the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbump wrote:
Also, I have a brand new Garmin Ant M stick and have today it lost connection in the middle of my ride. I keep getting an ANT channel error and have to replug it in multiple times to get it to read it.

Your stick might be bad if it's brand new. For the other error, could you send it in to support@trainerroad.com? It could be internet connection or maybe the way the data is stored locally.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [HendrikMDik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HendrikMDik wrote:
Just finished my first half distance tri.
Hadn't ridden more than 60km before starting the mid volume half plan.
I felt very relaxed on the bike, the hours of training using trainer road really paid off!
I exceeded my race day expectations when starting the season averaging just over 32km/hr on a road bike. Legs still felt really strong for the run, I think I could have pushed a lot harder for the bike with the base I had built up.
Will be using TR as the backbone of my full distance training now.
Thanks for making a great product guys!

Thanks man! Good job on all the hard work, that's what really paid off :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is trainerroad.com down?

It's up according to downforeveryoneorjustme.com but I can't get it to load.

Is anyone else having problems getting on their site?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on the site 5min ago, no issues, and just double checked now to make sure.

Site is fine for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for confirming.

I still can't get on with Chrome. It tries to load but never times out. Never seen this before. Usually after a minute a browser would pop up an error.

I tried using IE but had the same problem. I left it running in the background and it eventually loaded using the basic version of the website, with blue hyperlinks. From there I was able to navigate the website normally.

Not sure what is happening. Kinda weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the_thief wrote:
Thanks for confirming.

I still can't get on with Chrome. It tries to load but never times out. Never seen this before. Usually after a minute a browser would pop up an error.

I tried using IE but had the same problem. I left it running in the background and it eventually loaded using the basic version of the website, with blue hyperlinks. From there I was able to navigate the website normally.

Not sure what is happening. Kinda weird.

Hmm, try clearing your cache and see if that helps. I can confirm that the site is up and people are on it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just cleared Chrome's cookies and cached images but it still won't load.

I loads in IE but it takes a long time. I haven't timed it but it looks like somewhere around 10 minutes to load the home page.

I wonder if it's some sort of virus?
Quote Reply

Prev Next