Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Carl for the answer, have a nice day.
Quote Reply
custom paint [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had my sc for about 3 years and the paint has not held up well at all
I would like to get a custom job, nothing too crazy can anyone reccomend a good painter?

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I have a SC 9.9 2012 and I need to buy a new fork. Do you have the PN of that fork?

Can I order in the color of my bike? My SC is white, gray and red. Dou you know the price?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fabricio99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Fabricio

I'm not seeing any (in any size) in warranty inventory for the colors you mention...maybe because the stock 2012 9.9 was black on black. The stock 9.8 for 2012 had white, gray and red colors...so did the stock 9.9 for 2010-2011...and the 2010-2011 9.8 WSD. If none of those links are your bike, and if yours isn't a Project One, you might try looking through the other models and years at the archive page so you can be sure what you've got. Almost all of the current inventory is 2013.

Anything not in warranty inventory could theoretically be created from scratch or by reworking something already in warranty stock, but that's a conversation for your dealer to have with their rep...on both price and availability/possibility.

Also, because paint fades over time, and because original framesets (frame and fork) are generally painted together, it would not be possible to guarantee colors matching exactly to your frame.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

My bike is the same color of the link 9.9 2010-2011.

Can I buy this fork in this color in a Trek dealer?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fabricio99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your dealer may be able to special order it via their rep. Make sure your dealer knows what size to ask for as well.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have a TSC 7.8 (2012) with the standard kit it came with, I'd like to replace the bottom bracket as it's started to creak and feels a bit loose.

Could I just clarify the following:
  1. It's a BB86/BB90, right?
  2. If I've got the above right would this BB fit? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...team-bottom-bracket/
  3. Is there anything else that would be common practice when making a BB replacement? e.g. bearings (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...g-kit-carbon-cranks/)
  4. I've read that the ceramic bearings make very little difference to performance on a bike as the rpm is too low, is this right or worth going for ceramic?

Thanks very much for any help.....and what a great forum, would be lost without this!

Regards,
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rob_hawthorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) BB86...the 9-series is BB90
2) yup
3) I don't know how "common" it is to go ceramic, but the one you link to here will fit and it's the only ceramic bearing kit for BB86 that I'm aware of
4) no in-house testing on the benefits of ceramics vs non- that I can point to...I think there are great articles and interesting data already out there to help you make a decision/value judgement

ETA: First make sure it's a BB issue you're chasing...noises attributed to the BB can have their roots as far away as your saddle rails, and as near as pedal bearings or chainring bolts. Lots of stuff you &/or your shop can isolate and test before digging into your BB.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Dec 20, 13 7:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl as always thank you very much. This type of customer service it makes a big difference.

I'm going to be sensible and just get the regular BB, ceramic can wait until I've hit a big FTP goal (or put another way, it can wait until I'm good enough to warrant the expense :-).

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I apologize if this has already been addressed. Is there a chart available showing the arm pad stack/reach for the new speed concept as there was for the original version?

Thanks,

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timtri13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how does that fuel cell fit with the down tube? Any close up pics of that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Final build although my wife hadn't perfected the bar tape colour....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the carbon computer cage for the 2014 sc 9.9.
1) is there going to be a specific bottle with a straw available?
Similar to torhans or profiles bta.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ebroker97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, the idea is that you can use any easy to find, relatively inexpensive standard bottle ...or, I suppose, any of the straw-added bottles which fit in a standard cage.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply :)
I'll look around. Would like to stay in aero position while I hydrate.
Next topic...
Have a quark Elsa. What is the best way to mount the magnet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe most people are gluing power meter magnets inside the rear brake cover.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a problem with the lid on the speed box 2 coming off - typically hitting bumps. Does anyone have a solution besides taping it down each ride? I have a 9 series 2014 SC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I glued my quarq magnet to the frame (down low on the chainstay) using the included two part epoxy. I then colored the epoxy black (to match the frame color) using a marker. You can't even see it with the crank on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bnlea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bnlea wrote:
I have a problem with the lid on the speed box 2 coming off - typically hitting bumps. Does anyone have a solution besides taping it down each ride? I have a 9 series 2014 SC

Have the lid issue on my 2012 SCs and it is definitely less of an issue on my 2014, but taping it down is still the best solution, in my opinion, if you want to keep your flat kit with you.

The SCs fit me well, so I just look at the lid tape job as the cost of doing business.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Last edited by: owtbac86: Jan 3, 14 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a pic. I want to get an idea on how low and close you got it.
Thanks!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to capture it with a photo. Not sure it really helps though. The magnet is touching both the chainstay and the bottom bracket flange. That puts the magnet about 1mm away from the Quarq and in perfect alignment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm attempting to post a photo in this reply and I'm not having much luck.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an idea of delivery time for a 9.9 Frameset?
Quote Reply

Prev Next