Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any issues fitting a Sub-9 in the 2011 Frame? I just want to make sure before buying one. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ebroker97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once the crank is installed the magnet (and epoxy) all but disappear.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pic.even better spot!
Someone suggested o mount it to the speedfin and that sounded wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jack-

I'm seeing roughly 2wks for domestic orders (a few days either way depending on size). Subject to change.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl. Hope to have one headed my way shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

What's the delivery time now for a complete SC 9.9 versus a Project One? Likely a large I guess. Or are there simply too many variables to my question?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, it's a bad habit for me to get into, quoting lead times on bikes, because they can change daily and depend on so many things not under our control. So...your best bet is to ask your dealer. They have access to more information than I do when it comes to their particular ordering situation.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl

I know bontrager is "separate" to trek, but any idea when the 2014 speed concept accessories will be available such as the behind the seat aero bottle storage or food storage unit on the top tube? My store couldn't get an available date...

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stanlives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Domestically anyway, the Speedbox2 is currently out of stock with an ETA of later in Feb. No news on the 2-Pack I'm afraid.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FINALLY.....just back from the shop. Ordered my 7.5 :D Size small! ETA 3/10 (which is really fine with me because I won't be riding outside before that).

Thanks Carl and everyone else I drove nuts making this decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl

Do you have a 9 series front brake wedge part number? Been an idiot and lost mine while trying to sort out the sheared fork bolt problem.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mrchopsaloty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

My wife noticed toady the paint on the lower section of the fork was bubbled. I've had the frame for about 19 months. I'm guessing that this is due to the aluminium of the drop outs suffering from surface corrosion?

I'm not sue how this got through the paint? As the frame is only 19 months old where does this leave me? Would this be under warranty?

Regards

Neil
Last edited by: mendne: Jan 14, 14 5:13
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mendne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say what's going on based on those pictures, but you can find our warranty policy here.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bcurrie007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to pull the trigger on Ultegra 11sp Di2 for my XL 2013 SC 7.0, just wanted to post my parts list in hopes that folks and confirm it's right or point out errors. Also, is there anything I need to buy from Trek, like an axle shield or a different bb cover?

Shifters, Shimano Di2 SW-R671 Remote TT
Derailleur, Shimano Ultegra 6870-SS Di2 11 Rear Short Cage
Derailleur, Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2 11 Front
Brake Levers, Shimano Ultegra ST-6871 Di2 TT Pair
Shifter, Shimano E-Tube SM-EW90-B Cockpit Junction Box 5 Port
Shifter, Shimano E-Tube Di2 1400mm EW-SD50 Wire
Shifter Cable, Shimano E-Tube Di2 700mm EW-SD50 Wire
Shifter Cable, Shimano E-Tube Di2 650mm EW-SD50 Wire
Shifter, Shimano E-Tube Di2 650mm EW-SD50 Wire
Shifter Cable, Shimano E-Tube Di2 EW-SD50 Internal Frame Junction Box SM-JC41
Battery, Shimano E-Tube Internal Battery SM-BTR2 (I know this isn't blessed by Trek for my frame & seatpost model)
Battery, Shimano E-Tube Battery Charger for BA9070 (SM-BTR2) w/Charging Cord
Chain, Shimano Ultegra 6800 11
Cassette, Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed 11-28

I'm planning to use my current 10-speed SRAM Apex crankset.

Many thanks!
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to DIY it with the internal battery there's no need for a different rear brake cover.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, hope you are well mate...
I have 2 questions...
I own a 2013 SC 9.9 which I have made a few upgrades to components and am really happy with it... My race bike prior to this was a 2009 equinox 9.0...
During winter I did a lot of training on the equinox and saved the SC for racing... On wet days I found that the equinox filled up with water... I am wondering if there is any reason why this happens... I come close to emptying 500ms out of the bike when I get home...? I tried to stop this by covering the bored out hole in the upper part of the forks, though this did not help...
My second question relates to a BB/Crank installation... I just purchased a 2012 SC 2.5 (in the mail atm) which will become my new training bike and I will also probably use it for a few races overseas because I don't really want the carbon bike thrown around by baggage handlers... I am looking to upgrade the components to ultegra 6700.... the bike comes with SRAM press fit BB 86.5... In order to fit the ultegra cranks are you able to suggest a suitable BB?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mr.Bump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am well, thanks.

The rain was more likely coming into your ETTX at the seatpost, and to some degree at the cable routing holes in the toptube. No frame is totally waterproof, though I'm sure some are more resistant than others. There's no path from inside the fork into the frame, so that's why your attempt there didn't work.

On to the SC. The 2.5 does come with SRAM, but it's a BSC threaded BB, not press-fit. You'd be looking for something like Shimano's Hollowtech2 BB, which can be had at several price points:

Tiagra (4600) Shimano PN ESMBB4600B
105 (5700) ISMBB5700B
Ultegra ISMBBR60B
DuraAce (BB9000) ISMBB9000B

Note the B at the end of the Shimano PNs...it's important...that's for BSC threading. If you find one with an I (DA or Ultegra), that's Italian threaded and it won't fit.

If you order it through your Trek dealer, the part #s in same order as above are: 429657, 421684, 436480, and 432758.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Jan 18, 14 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bnlea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue here and this is how I have done:

Attached a piece of plastic to the inner gap of the cap lock.

Tools required:

The piece of plastic is from the inner tube protection pad/rim protector.

Not bad! it never bounces off now.

(BTW, I really hope that the lock mechanism for the speedbox cap could be a bit more sophisticated.)
Last edited by: eamonmikami: Jan 18, 14 18:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

I'm building a 2014 SC 9 series with SRAM Red. I'm down to ordering the bottom bracket and can't quite figure out if I'm on the right path. On the Chris King website it's showing that I need the PF24 with conversion kit #7 (BB86.5) for SRAM GXP/Road. Can you confirm if this is indeed the conversion kit I need. Many thanks

http://chrisking.com/PFBB
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DCK27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't tell for sure from the info on their site...but can say for sure that the BB90 system on our frame is designed for bearings to be pressed in directly...not bearings-in-separate-cups as appears to be the CK designs at the link you gave. The 7-series bike in the old SC platform was BB86 and would likely take one or more of the CK press-fit options for 24mm spindles, but neither the old 9srs or the new 9- or 7-srs would. Those are all BB90.

GXP ceramic bearing kits for BB90 can be obtained from your Trek dealer as PN 411814.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Carl,

I am performing year-end maintenance check of my bike (Speed Concept 7.0 (2013)) and would need a couple of bolts, due to corrosion. can you please help me specify part numbers, so that I can order bolts at my dealer:
-I would need 2 bolts on Bontrager Aero Brake levers (marked with red arrow on picture bellow)

-4 Bolts labeled as B+C on Bontrager Race Lite Aerobars

Thank you in advance and best regards

http://lc-triathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, thanks for all the help you give here. It's impressive and appreciated. Two questions.

First, is there any way I can order extra brake shoes (I think that's the right word) for my '14 SC 7.0? I just installed cork brake pads for my race wheels and it would be a pain to have to take those out to swap back to the factory pads.

Second, I'm itching to upgrade to Di2 10 speed. So far, I've acquired:

Shimano RD-6770
Shimano FD-6770
Shimano R671

... and that's it. What else will I need? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for the kind words.

I think what you're after are what we call the pad carriers, and those are PN 422481 & 422482 for F&R respectively.

As for the Di2 upgrade, if you scroll up a few posts you should find a pretty comprehensive list of the various wires and junction boxes you'll need in addition to the derailleurs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next