Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a possibility to retrofit the SC2 rear brakes onto the original SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Neoryan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely not. Thought about it myself. Look similar, but not the same and would likely run into problems trying to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [WDRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, via your Trek dealer. Front is part# 429175, rear is 433522.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the rear brake setup on the 2014 SC will fit on the 2011 SC? Does this mean that the rear speed fin will mount up as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Pun1sher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. He replied to a different comment. They definitely don't fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, just wondering, has anyone had their SC9's repainted?
Any highly recommended (and not too $$) painters? Better yet, any in Canada?
Thanks!
Last edited by: gibson00: Feb 24, 14 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I never care a bicycle so much but with speedconcept, I do.

The quick release follower, seems a piece of plastic, start cracking and chipping off. Both front and rear quick releases are doing the same.

I couldn't remember any excessive force ever applied on closing or opening the quick release cam. Less than 10 times I ever release the wheels since day 1.

comparing to my experience with my 10 years old Giant bikes, the followers on its quick releases are still a good shape, no significant wear tear.

what would cause this? Excessive vibration when riding on rough road surface? Weakness of the material due to the thinner profile?
Local bike shop has less experience with SC, couldn't really tell what cause the problem.

If the follower cracks more, I afraid it will cause safety concerns during riding as it might not be tighten enough as it's supposed to.
What is the part numbers of the front and rear quick release (speedconcept 2014 model)?

(I will post the picture soon)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [eamonmikami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the QRs...not something I've heard of. The replacement PNs depend on whether you want steel or ti rods...

Ti
w329030 F
w329031 R

CroMo
w327469 F
w329070 R

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

I just purchased a 2014 7 Series SC and may need to add a riser under the mono bar when I get fitted to it properly.

The bike store I got it from seemed to think the risers only come with new stems, this doesn't seem right to me but I can't find anywhere to buy them on the net including the trek store and bontrager.

Can I just buy the risers separately ? and if so where from?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, hope your well...
I have been racing and training on a SC 9.9 2013 model for the past year and recently purchased a new 2011 SC 2.5, converted it to shimano parts and am planning to use it for training and travelling...
This afternoon I started to measure it up to make the fit as close as possible to my 9.9...
I found that I am unable to move the seat back far enough in the seat clamp on the 2.5 so that that it is is the same position as the 9.9 in relation to the bottom bracket... From what I have seen the geometry is the same regarding the frame but obviously the stem and handlebar setups are different....
I am a little worried that I will not be able to get the seats in the same position which will pose a problem... The attachments on top of the seat post appear to be in the same position...
Can you shed some light on my problem...?
Also is a shimano bb91 41B 86.5 mm press fit compatible with my 9.9?
Cheers
Jeremy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forgot to mention that Both are size small as far as I know.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Miloman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy-

If your Trek dealer searches their ordering system (aka Dexter) for "monospacer" they should see a link to an entire page of 2014 SC bar parts, including all the monospacers.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mr.Bump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeremy-

First, are you using the exact same saddle? Useful rail length can vary quite a bit between models.

If you're using the same saddle and you're sure the seatpost heads are A) the same and B) oriented the same (they are reversible...can be hard to tell on the short-offset head) then measure the distance from saddle to pads on the 9.9...then put that post (and saddle) into the 2.5 and measure that one...any difference is related to your handlebar setup on the 2.5.

Finally, that BB would work in the old SC 7 series - which was BB86.5 - but not in an older 9.9 or any of the new SCs which are all BB90. A Shimano bearing kit for BB90 would be part # 411813 for ceramic, and 404699 for steel, both from your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl... cheers for getting back to me... Yep same seat (adamo TT)...
I reversed the seat post head to see whether my eyes were judging the orientation incorrectly and could not get far enough back...

I haven't begun to worry about the cockpit yet so have not been measuring distances from the seat to pads...
I was instead using a spirit level (to ensure that it was straight down) to work out where each seat was In relation to the bottom bracket on each bike...
Hopefully that makes sense...
I'm on night shift at the moment but will get stuck into adjustments tomorrow and will let you know how I go.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bryan0721 [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really good paint shops in Canada-

Velocolour(Noah Rosen ) Toronto
Exorpeinture Quebec
Dekerf Cycles. Vancouver

All specialize in painting bikes and are extremely good. Check out the websites and see what you think. Good Luck!

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I have a 2011 Speed Concept 7.2 and was told by my bike shop that the rear brake booster is missing. I'm not sure where this part has gone, I have had my rear brake adjusted by the bike shop to accommodate wider race wheels. They said the individual part is not available from Trek and quoted me $129 to replace the entire rear brake. Is it possible I never had this part installed when I purchased my bike or that the bike shop misplaced it when servicing the brake in the past? Any spares lying around Trek headquarters?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Itsmekb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it got misplaced somewhere along the way. Have to think it was relatively recent too...it would be pretty obvious it wasn't there if you tried assembling (never mind braking) without it prior to this most recent service. Suggest your dealer get in touch with their inside rep regarding how to source that part individually...as it's true they aren't stocked separately. They come to us as part of the whole brake assembly from the manufacturer in fact.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

I am trying to install a new Fizik Tritone Carbon Rail saddle on my 2012 Speed Concept 9 series. My LBS has told me I need a different seatpost cap in order to install the saddle as the carbon rails are to big for the standard setup. The store I orifinally purchased the bike from is no longer a Trek Dealer. Can you tell me if there is an alternate seatpost cap for saddles with larger rails?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

I have a 2012 Speed Concept 9 series that I am trying to install a Fizik Tritone - carbon rail saddle on. Is there a different seatpost cap available to accomodate the larger carbon rails? The local LBS I purchased the bike from is no longer a Trek dealer.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tskough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Trek dealer could order up some oversized saddle clamps for you. Which one depends on your saddle rail dimensions.

406923 for 7x9mm
421564 for 7x10mm

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Bar Mounting Bolt - M5x0.8 16mm Flat Head ISO 12.9

available from your trek dealer as PN w308017

Hi Carl, fed up of waiting for Trek europe to source components (5 weeks so far) and may have to go for alternative solution for a SC 'stem to base bar' bolt (the 4 screws that I believe come in PN w30817).

Are the dimensions above the correct ones for the screws?

Thanks,
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [endoverend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave...yes, those are the specs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Hi Dave...yes, those are the specs.