Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah...just trying to highlight the range (and possible use scenarios) we can cover ;-)

The boy grew out of that bike a couple months after the pic was taken...with any luck he'll skip the small entirely and I can hand down one of my mediums next spring.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Nah...just trying to highlight the range (and possible use scenarios) we can cover ;-)

The boy grew out of that bike a couple months after the pic was taken...with any luck he'll skip the small entirely and I can hand down one of my mediums next spring.

Very cool :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, do you know what the part number for the two grommets on the aerobar? It's the ones the derailleur cables route into.

Also, if upgrading to 9070 di2, can just use the internal junction or do I use the external version?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of getting a 2014 speed concept for time trial. I know that through project one, the 9 series allow customers to select a UCI compliant aero package. This would allow the bike to be compliance with UCI legal TT races.

This option is not currently available for the 2014 project one 7 series. I was wondering if this option will ever be available for the 7 series in the near future.

It doesn't feel right that Trek forces customers who want to do UCI legal TT to have to get the 9 series.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Neoryan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bar grommets are w304335.

On the 9070 question, if you're talking about the junction up at the handlebar you could try the DIY internal concept Nick cobbled together over at TriRig.com...if you were willing to give up the on-bike battery charging capability (the USB port is on the big external junction boxes)...otherwise, you need the 5-port external box and may need to get creative with how you attach it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ricefarmerr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ricefarmerr-

Wish I had better news for you, but as far as I know only the P1 9-series will have a UCI option. You do have frameset-only or complete bike options in the 9-series, and the UCI package is a no-cost change.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on the verge of making the move to Di2 myself and have been thinking about how to best keep it clean and user freindly. I'm not sure how large the SMEW90B 5-port junction is but if it fits under the rear brake cover that would make it reasonably accessible for adjustments and charging with an internal battery. That should let you use the older Ultegra SM-EW67-A-E with 2 splitters up front like TriRig outlines here - http://www.tririg.com/...om_Wiring&page=1

Carl wrote:
The bar grommets are w304335.

On the 9070 question, if you're talking about the junction up at the handlebar you could try the DIY internal concept Nick cobbled together over at TriRig.com...if you were willing to give up the on-bike battery charging capability (the USB port is on the big external junction boxes)...otherwise, you need the 5-port external box and may need to get creative with how you attach it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't think of anywhere the 5-port could fit inside and still be easily accessible via cover removal on either generation SC...with the possible exception of the older 80/75 and 110/75 stems. Inside the rear brake cover is definitely out...pretty crowded in there.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a little Dremel work and some fiberglass could create the space necessary under the brake cover. Does anyone know the measurements for the 5-port junction box? The 3-port box would work too if you were willing to run 2 cables through the down tube to make enough connections. You could end up with some form of the new speed fin that houses the junction box under the bottom bracket. I may have to give this a shot. What's the part# for the rear brake cover on an original 9 series?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
W306644

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to hide mine in glen's cover. http://alden-designs.com/...9x-cable-covers.html

What about the other junction box? The one that usually mounts to the bb cable stops? http://www.biketiresdirect.com/...41-rear-junction-box

Would this fit in the rear brake area? Is the di2 specific brake cover only to mount the external battery?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, neither of those (external JC40, pictured, or the smaller internal JC41 which you can see at Nick's article) are going to fit inside the brake cover...you have to remember the extra space required for the wires and their plugs...which effectively almost doubles the size of the EW boxes (5- & 3-port) and the JC41. on the plus side, the JC41 fits nicely inside the frame once everything is connected.

yes, the Di2-specific cover for the old SC is designed for running the external battery.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is an option but I use a Dark Speed Works bento so I'd have to do away with that extra storage. The rear junction is just a 4-way splitter that can tuck inside the down tube - SM-JC41. The one shown in your link is the external version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Mr. Matson for the quick reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello from France

My little game to show some little parts day after day did not interest anyone so perhaps that the complet frame be going to meet more success ;-)

So I present you my vision of a real project one ;-)

[/url]

and it's not finish, there isn't only a custom paint I have realise some adaptation very interesting and aero but I show you themif some guys are interest ;-)

king regards timtri13
Last edited by: timtri13: Nov 25, 13 14:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timtri13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timtri13 wrote:

Tim, very nice work ! Takes me back to the 1970s. And, yes, I would love to see your custom aero parts, when they're ready of course.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rattle can or real spray gun in a booth?

timtri13 wrote:
Hello from France

My little game to show some little parts day after day did not interest anyone so perhaps that the complet frame be going to meet more success ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timtri13 wrote:
Hello from France

[/url]

and it's not finish, there isn't only a custom paint I have realise some adaptation very interesting and aero but I show you themif some guys are interest ;-)

king regards timtri13

Nicely done! I had considered this a few years ago, but went with another theme instead....

But ended up going with this....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

I was wondering if you could give me some information on the compatibility of the 2.5 speed concept with an aerojacket. I have been talking with someone from wheelbuilder the last few days and they said that they list the speed concept frame as not compatible due to the duo trap sensor built into the frame. I have told him that the 2.5 does not have the sensor in the frame and he thought that there should be no problem then. I would like to know if anyone out there has encountered this situation with a 2.5 ,as i dont want to buy a wheel cover if there is a problem with compatibility. Also, i rock a set of Easton ec90 aero wheels that i am wanting the cover to be fit to.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They continue to claim incompatibility for SC despite numerous instances of combinations which STers have discovered (or found a way) to fit. It's understandable...they can't be responsible for vetting every possible rim-cover combo. As I see someone else noted in the wheeljacket thread, you should have no problem with fit, particularly if you follow the attachment advice given there.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I just received my 2014 7.5 (I love it so far). When my LBS was setting it up for me, they accidentally cracked the stem cover. Being the fantastic bike shop that they are (seriously, if you're in Chicago, go to Village Cycle in Old Town), they epoxied the old one so I had a stem cover and ordered me a new one at no extra charge. I was in there today and they had just gotten it in. I decided to install it myself rather than bring my bike back and have them do it. Is there a trick to removing the old stem cover? The cables feel through the little slot, but I'm not sure the best way to free the cables from the cover and install the new one.

Thanks!
Anando
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if the 2-pack aero behind the seat bottle holder and storage compartment was available yet. I can't find it online and my dealer doesn't see it as an order option. Also, if I order the new Bontrager RXL Tri Carbon computer mount and bottle cage combo will that include everything needed to mount it to the new 2014 SC 7.5? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Anando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Anando-

Glad to hear your shop took care of you.

You'll probably find it easiest to remove the handlebar (it's just three bolts), then remove the stem cover...and reassemble by installing the cover first.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jmcfc38] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see the 2-Pack in the ordering system either...but I do see another set of vendor samples in the office, so I'm thinking it's getting closer.

And yes, the RXL Tri Carbon cage includes everything you need.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PSA for anyone interested in replacing their rusty cockpit hardware with stainless. MrMetric.com has everything you need and you can buy individual quantities - no bulk requirement, plus $6 flat shipping. I just replaced all 6 aerobar bolts, 4 riser bolts, and 4 base bar bolts for about $10. I found that the 6 aerobar bolts only need to be 10mm long as opposed to the stock 16mm, so M5X10 is good and will eliminate the extra bolt hanging out the bottom of the clamps to clean things up a bit. You'll need to figure out what length you need for the riser bolts depending on how many spacers you are using. I needed 30mm with no spacers.

Aerobar bolts (M5X10) - http://www.mrmetric.com/...ews-ssa2/M10624.html
Riser bolts (M6) - http://www.mrmetric.com/...-screws-ssa2-m6-x-1/
Base bar bolts (M5X16 flat head) - http://www.mrmetric.com/M10550.html?ext=F
Quote Reply

Prev Next