Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lmicah3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't NEED one but figured it would be good to have a spare bottle.What are you doing with 5 of them?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I use them on rides, races, etc and since I paid $60 for the thing I plan to use it for eternity. Plus I ride with Billy Edwards some and, as you probably know, need to throw one at him from time to time.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lmicah3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice - whip one at him for me too :)

Do I know who this is?

lmicah3 wrote:
Well I use them on rides, races, etc and since I paid $60 for the thing I plan to use it for eternity. Plus I ride with Billy Edwards some and, as you probably know, need to throw one at him from time to time.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another good place to get stainless steel hardware is the Bolt Depot. I have used this company for the last couple of years and the price and delivery is really great.

If you are looking for some titanium parts, I have used Jersey Cycles and they are good to deal with as well. I have included links to both of these companies below.

I hope this helps, Glen

http://www.boltdepot.com/Default.aspx

http://www.jerseycycles.com/...-Pages/Titanium.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rlem7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlem7 wrote:
You will then need the following 4 Di2 cables:
A 1400mm cable to go from your Junction A to Junction B box (which will be located by the Bottom Bracket (I have a size large frame so adjust the length accordingly)
A 650mm cable to go from Junction B box to the battery (if you are running internal battery to the seatpost)
A 300mm cable to go from Junction B box to the Front Derailleur
A 700mm cable to go from Junction B to the Rear Derailleur (You can do a 650mm, but I wanted to have a little more slack)

I'm looking to do the 6870 thing with a 2013 SC 7.0 size XL. Could anyone advise whether these cable lengths would be the right length for my XL frame?

Thanks
Alex
Last edited by: alexabbas: Dec 2, 13 13:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those should work just fine...realizing of course that there's no guarantee you'll be able to run the internal battery, as the 2010-2013 SC posts are not designed to fit or retain it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, after 5 years and 32,000+ miles on my Felt DA (which I really liked), I just got onto a new SC. Only 4 rides so far, but I really like it. It feels like a very stable platform, so I just get down and make circles. Nice and aero and the Di2 is very cool (my first time riding Di2). Can't wait for some serious miles in December/January.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome aboard! And quit rubbing it in, willya? Not going to see outdoor riding conditions here (very often if at all) for the next few months.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm really tall and I would like to know if I could get those setting on a Speed Concept bike?

Pad reach : 518 mm
Pad stack : 725 mm

Thanks!
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Fred-

For the 2010-2013 SC, you'd be on an XL with the 110/75 stem. For the new bike, same frame size, High-Far stem and the 45mm monospacer. The potentially larger (longer?) issue is your saddle height. On the old bike we list a max from BB to top of saddle ~866mm...but that assumes a very low profile saddle (40mm rails to top), so there's some headroom depending on how tall your saddle actually is. For the new bike, we list a max dimension from BB to saddle rails, and if you're riding with 5cm or more of setback you'd want the 50mm offset post which has an 840mm max. Otherwise you'd be on the 15mm offset post which has a max of 820mm.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info!

Btw, my "bottom bracket to saddle rail" measure is 820 mm. Do you think I will have some room for adjustment on a XL or I will be at the top of every settings?

Regards,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're pretty much at the top of the seatpost setting if you're on the new bike and the 15mm offset post. There's still a little room to go up at the pads.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In continuing my quest for the perfect bike......quick question:

Do the integrated bars on the 7.5 (and higher) have any limitations? IE: I haven't picked a hydration system but would something like the XLAB Torpedo work? I can't seem to find anything definitive.

Is there anything I should be careful about?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that by itself the XLAB Torpedo could be made to work by the usual DIY methods (zipties, homemade brackets,etc). Our new SC cage and its associated mounting bracket are made to work with that bar system, and if you only wanted that mounting bracket I threw out this option a few days ago. The only hydration system I think you'd have a hard time with are any of the vertical bottles that go between the extensions. The mono-extension on the 7.5 and up doesn't have a lot of space for those to begin with, and even a small one would end up pretty far out in front of you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
I'm sure that by itself the XLAB Torpedo could be made to work by the usual DIY methods (zipties, homemade brackets,etc). Our new SC cage and its associated mounting bracket are made to work with that bar system, and if you only wanted that mounting bracket I threw out this option a few days ago. The only hydration system I think you'd have a hard time with are any of the vertical bottles that go between the extensions. The mono-extension on the 7.5 and up doesn't have a lot of space for those to begin with, and even a small one would end up pretty far out in front of you.

As usual, thanks for your QUICK and THOROUGH response :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The XLAB Torpedo will work with the integrated bars. For the new Torpedo System you can mount directly to the aerobar either via the Torpedo Mini Mount plate or the spacers included in the system. We haven't personally tested these, but these 2 customers seemed to like their solutions :)

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sra [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
The XLAB Torpedo will work with the integrated bars. For the new Torpedo System you can mount directly to the aerobar either via the Torpedo Mini Mount plate or the spacers included in the system. We haven't personally tested these, but these 2 customers seemed to like their solutions :)

THANK YOU! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the speed concept fit the new Zipp 808/404 firecrest wheels without rubbing?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [brian_j_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi brian-

vintage SC owners have been able to run Firecrests since the launch in 2010, and the new bike is no different :-) proper brake setup and the use of cork-based carbon specific pads (which tend to be thinner than standard pads) make it a non-issue.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl re stem change from 100//45 to 100/10 do I need to re cable ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going to be re-cabling the front brake for any stem change. Whether or not you need to redo any of the housing is another question. Rear brake and shifters may not need new housing if there was enough slack (extra housing) in the system to begin with. Front brake shouldn't need new housing, but you'd want to "sneak up on" the correct length as you cut it back from the current length.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl

Are you able to confirm the exact part list required to upgrade 11 speed mech into 11 speed di2 on the 2014 speed concept, including all parts such as junctions and wires and wire lengths? Can you also confirm whether its a standard internal battery or is it a special one designed for trek?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stanlives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I can't. Wire lengths will vary by frame size and your personal preferences on excess length, for example. bcurrie posted this list for an Ultegra Di2 rebuild on his medium 2011 7-series back in September...there wouldn't be any changes for a 2014 other than the seatpost battery bracket w332400 which hold's Shimano's BTR2 internal battery (and you'd have to be running one of the 9-series carbon seatposts, since the aluminum 7-series posts don't have the mounting bosses for that bracket...PN depends on length and offset). if you plan to go DA then sub those parts in where applicable (derailleurs, etc).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im looking for anyone out there who can tell me how the Dark Speed Works bento storage systems work on the speed concepts. Im interested to know how much storage they actually have and the location of the skrew holes that line up with those on the frame. Im looking at either the 480D or the 483D to mount to my 2.5
Quote Reply

Prev Next