Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

Will the internal battery mount for the 9 series carbon post work with the SM-BTR2?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [norembe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're talking about the battery clip for the 2014 9-series carbon post right? that's the only battery it works with.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Apr 23, 14 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thank you. For a 9 series frame size small (internal routing) what wires lengths and junction boxes would I need?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been covered in this thread as well as the 2014 SC thread...here's a link to one such list.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,

Thank you very much for the reply.
Is it possible to get the aluminium dropout that is integral to the frame, which can that be integrated into the frame by some service provider that handles carbon?
And is it still possible to get this (old) version of speed concept 7.0 frame (2013), or are only new ones available (ie. with speed fins et al)?

Regards,

http://lc-triathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [LC-triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The integral dropout is not available separately. Not seeing any stock of the previous generation SC, as bikes or frames, though that only applies to our distribution warehouses...it's possible a dealer somewhere has one.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question. Took my 2013 SC 9 apart to paint it. Put it back together and I think I'm now missing a part where the cable for the rear derailleur enters the frame. Is there a piece that fits in the hole?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, a ferrule/cable stop: w295986...for mechanical shifting setups...not necessary for Di2.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
What are the part numbers for the speed fin and the UCI rear brake covers for a 2014speed concept 7.0. Also, what is the front brake cover part number? And will these be color matched to the frame? Thanks!
Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Yup, a ferrule/cable stop: w295986...for mechanical shifting setups...not necessary for Di2.

Much appreciated sir!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [olbmtb52] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Joe

Uci cover is w327327, speedfin is w326750. front brake covers are size specific. all replacement covers are black, partly because the only color matching we can guarantee its when its done at the same time the frame is .

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can the speed fin be fitted to a Gen1 SC. are the bolt holes in the same location etc. it would be a nice solution to hide a custom di2 battery inside.
Last edited by: mork: Apr 25, 14 4:52
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, not backwards compatible...and the fin has stiffening ribs which take up most of the space where you might try mounting a battery.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bit of a silly question Carl, but loving the look of the carrera blue project one on the speed concept 7.5, would love to see it in the flesh. In any event, can the speed box's be matched in colour or do they have to come in the black/grey?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Color matching only offered for 9-series Project One.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Could you help my friend to find right frame size and stem?
Pade reach 493mm
Pad stack 608mm
Bar reach 658mm
Bar stack 582mm

Is it L, with low-far stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JussiHoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming we're talking about the 2014 bike and your friend is happy with the fit of those #s, I can see it going two ways:

• Large with low-far stem puts the pads in the right place and gets the closest to bar positions...but it's also slammed...lowest monospacer (15mm), so if your friend is going to go any lower then it either requires a steer stub with standard stem and bar hardware OR dropping down to the Medium frame.
  • Medium will also hit that pad position with the low-far stem, but the basebar will be almost 5cm lower than he is now. This combination has more flexibility for going lower in the future.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Assuming we're talking about the 2014 bike and your friend is happy with the fit of those #s, I can see it going two ways:

• Large with low-far stem puts the pads in the right place and gets the closest to bar positions...but it's also slammed...lowest monospacer (15mm), so if your friend is going to go any lower then it either requires a steer stub with standard stem and bar hardware OR dropping down to the Medium frame.
  • Medium will also hit that pad position with the low-far stem, but the basebar will be almost 5cm lower than he is now. This combination has more flexibility for going lower in the future.
Thanks Carl.And yes, we're talking about 2014 SC. I think he is not going lower, he is changing from UCI TT position to best possible TRI position for 1/2 and full distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The large is a little cleaner look, then, and has lots of upwards mobility for a less aggressive position. What's his saddle height?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl. Thanks for the link, it's been super helpful. One more question (sorry if it's been answered already)- will the wire lengths be the same for a small frame as the medium frame discussed in that link for di2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a question of how much excess wire you're willing to have. The wiring weighs very little, so certainly whatever was used in a medium would work for a small, just with some excess to tuck into the frame.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any benefit to having excess wire? I don't intend to ever put it on a larger frame than the small. The link for the medium frame said to use the following wire lengths:
5. Connecting Wires - EW-SD50 - (1)1200mm, (1) 300mm, (2) 700mm
Is it better to start shorter than that for the small frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
The large is a little cleaner look, then, and has lots of upwards mobility for a less aggressive position. What's his saddle height?
Saddle height is 80-81cm so medium is just there. He is going to shorten the position a bit. It has not been possible because the lack of adjustability in his old frame. So large or medium with low-far?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
longer wires mean more routing options. everyone is different when it comes to how much extra wire they want/need depending on how they assemble the bike and how they want to route things...particularly in the cockpit area, but also when it comes to removing the seatpost (and what seatpost length you use). that's why I stay away from saying there are specific lengths for each size bike. there aren't.

so...I'm going to throw some lengths out there for you, and they will work, but there's no guarantee you'll be happy with them in the end.

800mm for the DT
700mm for the ST (for internal battery...250mm if you're running external)
250mm for the FD
600mm for the RD

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might lean large based on that saddle height...only got one guy in my database that high on a medium.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next