Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've read somebody mentioning that the P5 have to be adjusted to accommodate certain wheels (i.e. Zipp Firecrest).

Is there truth behind that? If so, what needs to be adjusted?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [equalme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just brake adjustment depending on wheel size and how close you like to ride your brakes. It's easy to do, there is a screw in the handle bars that you can use to adjust the brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SoCalKQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalKQ wrote:
Need Help! I just received a P5-6 as a gift. Size 58 with the aduro bars. Yes, super stoked. Only issue is that I am 6'3". Base bar is 38cm. I need at least 42cm and would like 44 cm. does Aduro bar come in a wider size and if not, what other bar could I use?

I have very broad shoulders. I use these Zipp extenders to get my pads wider and they work great. I'm not on the bullhorns very often, so I just got used to them being more narrow...

http://www.amazon.com/...kaaero/dp/B001U6QRV4
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will these work with the P5-6 Aduro bars?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them on my aduro bars to get armrest touching in center, so, yes they work
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Any arm pad aftermarket riser kits that work with Aduro also?

Similar to image below.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those vision risers should work fine.
The bolt spacing is standard 25mm.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,
can you quantify "slightly faster" with the brake cover off? what are we talking about 1-2W?
thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob,

Within the tunnel error, right around 1 Watt. Maybe. Just one pair of runs. Not confident enough to declare it actually faster.

Engineering-wise, it's a hint that we could look into it, after we look after bigger differences.

Athlete-wise, it's a hint that you can relax about having (or not having) the cover on, and look after bigger differences.

"Leave no stone unturned." -unknown
"Start with the big ones." -Damon Rinard

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,
Is there anyway to order just the aduro bar through cervelo? Possibly in the gloss color?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach,

Sure, it comes as part of the upgrade kit (with fork and some other parts). Check with your Cervelo retailer.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to get without the upgrade kit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, sorry.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a special part number for the glossy upgrade kit? Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't tell from here. :-(
That's a great question for your Cervelo retailer.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my P5-3 with full 10sp Dura-ace 7970 Di2 , HED Jet 6 & powertap disk - i've gone with Dura-ace 9000 front brake and Tektro / TRP rear cable brakes rather than the maguras to retain the Dura-ace Di2 STI brake function

My coach has worked out my CdA is <0.21 on the P5, so we are happy with that

Last edited by: moonshine: May 23, 13 13:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, there is no glossy upgrade kit, i went down this path in January, your best bet is to get the satin and have it glossy clear coated. I did this and it looks fine.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just came on here to post that exact same thing. Too bad the only thing I really want are the bars. I just don't have the tools necessary to paint the gloss coat well and I don't want to pay someone another 100 bucks on top of something I don't really need to make it look right. Thanks for the info though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There have been people on here with the glossy bars that want satin, you could probably work a trade!

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im beginning to dislike the matte finish i have.is it just me or other matte p5 owners having problems maintaining a clean look. every handprint,dirt, watermarks & perspiration harder to just simply wipe off. whats the best maintenance for matte finish? tempted to just clearcoat this or repaint with a new scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! OMG, it's a pain in the ass to keep clean. I have to do a decent cleaning job after every ride, and it's more than just a quick wipe down. I also find the white is very difficult to keep white, vs my gf's white bike (with a gloss finish).

As slick as the matte/satin finish is, it's a pain to keep clean.

Eventually I'll just break down and get a custom paint job on it, and gloss it, leaving it at that.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have taken to using a spray on degreaser when I want to get the bike clean as simply washing with hot water does not shift some of the marks. The matt finish is a nightmare, particularly on the white sections. I have glossy bars and they are far easier to get clean. Having said that I prefer to just ride it instead!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hi Damon,

Is there an assembly manual for the P4 six? I have the PDF from Cervelo (P5-Manual-3-c3b79e71-da97-47c3-881b-c6c28594836d-0.pdf) but this does not contain details instructions on how to assembly the frame with Aerobars, all screws with torque, etc. There are also alot of screw and stuff for the rear brake covers that I can't seem to figure out.

The only thing that came with the frame is 2 pieces of paper with Aduro Bar assembly but it's not clear at all and does not include assembly for the high mount.

Hope you have these docs.

Thank you,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi hobie1,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Reading and following the instructions is important, especially (as you mentioned) with all the different screws for the Aduro aero bar.

I'm at home for the weekend now and don't have access to the document, but please do get in touch with our customer service folks, who will be happy to get you a copy.

Don't ride until you've followed the instructions. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Damon. I'll wait for you documents. Or where can I get intouch with your CS folks?

Can I also post some pictures here of some bolts so I can get torque specs? And what bolts go where. Or do I send you a pm.

Thank you again for the quick reply! Great service!
Quote Reply

Prev Next