Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl. Do you know when the speed box 2 might be back in stock? I'm having a tough time finding one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ETA for domestic warehouse stock is about a week. As always, this is subject to change.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Jun 2, 14 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the latest on the BTA Cage eta?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [lestoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no change from a couple days ago.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks for the update. It looks from other posts there are some alternate options.

Second question, I have a P1 7.5 and I was considering swapping out the monospacer, How would I go about doing that? Do i have to remove the shifters and free the cables to slide them back through the spacer to free it up? Maybe its a trip to my LBS? prefer DIY so i can learn how to make my own adjustments if its not too complicated.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [lestoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A monospacer swap isn't it's own chapter in the service manual, but it should be pretty easy to figure out what needs to be done by looking at the assembly steps for that part of the bike. No need to remove shifters if you've got enough housing to make up the difference between the monospacers...just bar tape and cables.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the new speed concept 7.5 2014 . It came full assembled to me . Does its come with stem or bar options other that on the bike ? Do I need to buy another for my fit or I have to ask lbs for it ?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [superonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stock 7.5 comes with a spec stem (which varies by frame size) and the 25mm monospacer. 9-series bikes and Project One bikes (7 & 9 series) come with the complete set of monospacers and single customer-selected stem.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How bad is this crack? Does the speed fin need to be replaced before I ride it?

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the plastic encapsulating the integrated brake booster. so long as the booster is still there, which is likely, as you'd need to almost completely destroy the speedfin to extract it, it's safe to ride.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's what I figured. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Can you help explain something to me about the different seat post offset options? The two options for a 9 series p1 is 15 mm and 50 mm. What is exactly is this measuring? I'm assuming the distance between the center of the bb to nose of saddle (and the offset value is really the max offset value that seatpost is capable of)? I'm just trying to figure out what seat post offset I need. My saddle setback is 3.2 mm. I just ordered a new 9 series p1 with the 50 mm offset (my lbs recommended this offset as they said it was more versatile for seating options). It seems I dont really need the 50 mm offset as the 15 mm offset would suffice based on my 3.2 mm setback. Should I be concerned going with the 50 mm offset? My other question is in reference to the seatpost being reversible. I'm also assuming reversible just means the offset value is either behind the bb or forward of the bb correct?

Sorry for the rather silly questions.

Thanks

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the seatpost offsets are measurements of distance between seatpost centerline and the center of the saddle rails clamp section.

the 15mm offset (really +/-15mm, as the post is reversible) is going to cover the needs of 90% of the tri population. the 50mm offset really exists primarily for the UCI-handicapped crowd. it is the least versatile of the two when it comes to the majority of tri fits, and especially for someone with as little offset as you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

My Speed Concept 2014(UCI approved version) is currently being shipped to my LBS. I intend to install Di2 7970. How/where do I install the external battery?

Regards,
Lukman
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mankul wrote:
Hi Carl,

My Speed Concept 2014(UCI approved version) is currently being shipped to my LBS. I intend to install Di2 7970. How/where do I install the external battery?

Regards,
Lukman

Why external?. Get the internal battery and use the seatpost battery holder (PN w332400). Job done.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Last edited by: chrisbint: Jun 6, 14 2:11
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no internal battery for Di2 7970, although there are 3rd party solutions. I just prefer being able in change battery without much hassle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

Got a call from my LBS stating there was an 9 day delay on my frame order yesterday... It was just a generic 9 series frame, not P1. Any ideas what caused the delay? My original ship date was supposed to be June 11th...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mankul wrote:
There is no internal battery for Di2 7970, although there are 3rd party solutions. I just prefer being able in change battery without much hassle.

Oh. I have Dura-ace on mine and assume the batteries would be the same for both.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The UCI version of the bike has a rear brake cover with external battery mounts...all you need to do is order the kit with the external battery rail hardware: W326078 from your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only see leadtimes for new orders in the US, P1 or stock...I have no direct visibility into existing orders, sorry...your LBS does, through their rep.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
I can only see leadtimes for new orders in the US, P1 or stock...I have no direct visibility into existing orders, sorry...your LBS does, through their rep.

Thanks. They are checking on it (I should hear back today or Monday), I just found it strange that there was a delay so close to a ship date that has been consistent for 3 weeks since my initial order.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, when i ordered mine they said 'Trek says 60 days, we are telling you 90 ;)' haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings Carl!

I haven't posted here in months! Hope all is well with you. Quick question....

When will you guys have the aero arm pad in stock. The Trek Store has a perennial "Out of stock" status on the SC pads but have everything else available. My pads are totally worn out and I refuse to purchase CeeGees for $29, especially since they last half as long as the OEMs.

If you have a set inside your desk drawers there somewhere, I can paypal you now so you can send it over.

Thanks.

Paul

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
437028...in stock in quantity at all domestic warehouses.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old reliable as always... thanks.

One more - what is the PN for the non-drive side bottom bearing (enduro ceramic only please) for a 2012 SC.

Danke!

P:)

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply

Prev Next