Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bike is basically done, just needs bar tape and some tweaks to fit.

SpeedConcept 9 (XL with Medium Far stem and SpeedBox2, still waiting on BTA mount)
Dura-Ace Di2 9070
ENVE 8.9 Clinchers w/ G3 Powertap (Disc Cover if it fits)
Continental GP4000s (23 front/25 rear)
Adamo Road (likely switching to the Attack soon) w/ X-Lab 225 bottle mount/gorilla cage
Speedplay Stainless Pedals

Weight 20lb 7oz with everything listed above
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I have a quark bb30 SRAM red 22, does it fit into new trek 7.5 sc 2014?
Thanks,
Manuel
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [manu12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manu12 wrote:
Carl,
I have a quark bb30 SRAM red 22, does it fit into new trek 7.5 sc 2014?
Thanks,
Manuel

Nope.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [manu12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, you'd need a GXP version.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some thoughts on that

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

When changing the riser plate under the extensions on a di2 bike is it simply a matter of unplugging the shifters from the junction box, changing the size and reconnecting it?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not quite since the mono is bolted to that spacer and you have to undo that as well but otherwise yes you're right

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes I meant to include that. The shop suggested that I would need to rerun brake lines to swap it which made no sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Ah yes I meant to include that. The shop suggested that I would need to rerun brake lines to swap it which made no sense.

Brake cables don't run through there. Please inform your shop. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to. He said they might be in the way but my guess is he wasn't understanding my question. Especially since I had to explain my bento box wasn't the spot to store my junction box and showed him the holes to drill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
I tried to. He said they might be in the way but my guess is he wasn't understanding my question. Especially since I had to explain my bento box wasn't the spot to store my junction box and showed him the holes to drill.

I actually have the junction box in the bento. I have a low stem and shortest mono spacer and I couldn't mount the box on the stem cover so I had to put it somewhere.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought the 7.5 Carl. Kudos on a terrific piece of engineering at an unreal price point for the tech.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

What is the bolt size for the bta mount to the mono extension? Because of the delay I need to do a diy until they are available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a standard waterbottle bolt...M5 by whatever length you need for your DIY.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting use of the computer mount...never really thought of it being mounted in the rear hole.

Thanks, on behalf of the great team who brought this one to life.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep....my closing in-on-age 60-how-fast-am-I-going-eyesight ...on the computer mount! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I've not been watching this thread for a while and have falling behind on the upgrades available for the 2014 SC, I have my 2014 SC9.9 on the road for the last while and love it, I'm thinking to trying new aero bars and I seen on tri rig.com pics of the universal monoextension to fit any style aero bars, would you have a po for this by any chance ? And an idea of price ? I'd like to try it to try other style extensions,

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://store.trekbikes.com/...icks&from=Search

Plug-in universal... In-stock... $275.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PN 438481 from your Trek dealer. Currently in stock in all domestic warehouses, but in limited quantities.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, What's the status of BTA mount? without the cage.

Aloha

Roberto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi k(id), thanks for the link, I'm in Ireland so just need the po to order it from my lbs,

Cheers Carl for the po, I take it they will work with the normal 22mm extensions ?

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tobythetuba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup, that's what it was designed for. cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my ride! I love it and already posted a few "Best Bike Split of the day" in a few races this year. The picture does not give justice to the "Liquid Red" color, which looks darker in person and changes a lot with light and has deep metallic highlights.

With the low-near stem, finding a place to put the Di2 junction box was a challenge. Thought about putting in the bento box for a while, but finally decided to hang it with zip ties behind the mono. Seems a bit messy from the side, but from the front you can't see anything:

That being said, I do have a few gripes with the bike and/or accessories...

1) As mentioned above, no place for the Di2 junction box on bikes with smaller stem size...

2) The rear brake has NO GRIP.. no a huge deal here as all the roads are on flat lands here, but I would be really concerned racing in wet conditions and/or very hilly terrain... Something with switchback in big descents would really scare me... I tried switching the pads to KOOL-STOP but very little difference...

3) Medium bike with low-near stem: impossible to keep the bike straight with a Zipp 808 Firecrest wheel on the front if winds are above 5-8 MPH... Then the steering becomes unpredictable, pulling you from either side without warning.. and I am not a light rider (160 lbs) with decent FTP. As soon as there is a little wind, I have to switch the front to an older style 404 I have. With the 404 (non-FC), the bike is very stable.

4) The 90$ (Canada) "between the arms" Bontrager bottle setup is not working: on rough roads, I've ejected bottles. It's not rigid enough. Sucks, I really wanted to like it. Now using a 6$ PF cage with zip ties on the front, and 1 screw + spacer in the back into the mono... Not sexy, but works perfect: I have yet to lose a bottle.

5) The Draft Box lid... well... you now about it :) I have to tape the lid shut with black duct tape, otherwise it pops during rides (and I made sure it was latched properly...). I have 2 of those and they both do it..

6) It's HEAVY... I mean REALLY HEAVY. I don't want to actually weight it because it will bother me even more.. Part of it is the PowerTap read disc wheel and the flat kit, but even without these, this is no lightweight even in DA groupset.

But these are minor compared to everything I like about the bike, including new PB's on courses I've raced before. The cockpit and brakes are easy to work with.

Thought I would share :)

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Last edited by: spocket: Jul 4, 14 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have someone check your rear brake because I've had some 40+mph descents with quick stops at the bottom and no issues...

Also how is the bike that heavy? My XL with ENVE 8.9 clinchers, adamo road and behind the seat & seat tube bottle holders was 20lbs 7 oz. For a bike of that size. It is far from heavy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next