Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [romulusmagnus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You look like you're on a bit of tirade, but for what it's worth K-Edge just launched a nifty solution.

K-Edge Pro Road Chain Catcher
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Certainly I think there is a good argument that Trek should allow the plugin mono to be chosen instead of the standard mono for Project One builds. If it had been an option to do that, I'd have gone with it from the start, but as it is, the plugin mono increases the price by almost 10% and leaves you with a standard mono that presumably is next to impossible to sell because everyone is forced to buy one with the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
You look like you're on a bit of tirade, but for what it's worth K-Edge just launched a nifty solution.

K-Edge Pro Road Chain Catcher

I'm going to overnight order that thing...if it works on my Speed Concept 9, I am having a case of your favorite beer shipped to you
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tobythetuba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Roberto

Your Trek dealer should look at it and make the call on initiating a warranty claim.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess what - some power-meters don't even need a magnet on the frame.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
Guess what - some power-meters don't even need a magnet on the frame.

The terrible ones
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The plug-in mono does cost more, which makes a direct swap a tough proposition for dealers. Having that mono as an option in Project One sounds like a great topic for some feedback via our customer support page.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powertap and Power2max are terrible? Maybe they're not SRM-level, but they're easily equal to Quarq.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard the Stages PM was the reason Wiggo didn't race TDF this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
romulusmagnus wrote:
Carl wrote:
One of the things that contributes to the SC's aero and stability characteristics is more BB drop than pretty much anyone else (8cm). Being that "deep" into the bike may dull some of the liveliness you feel in other bikes when they're moving around underneath you during climbing..especially when you're out of the saddle.

One of the things that contributes to the utter uselessness of the SC is the impossibility of mounting a power meter magnet near the bottom bracket. Because it makes sense to have that Duotrap cadence sensor integrated, but no option for an integrated magnet. On a $12,000 triathlon bicycle. Got it.

I had zero difficulty buying a high power magnet and sticking it to my frame near the BB and it has remained there since with no issues. What problems are you having?

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the long delay to offer the 2-pack? I thought that it was first shown a little over a year ago? Any price info? Thanks!!

Stephen J

Carl wrote:
Our dealer show is coming up in a few weeks. Might know something by then.

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I've finally gotten hold of my 2014 SC now and am wondering whether there's a User's MAnual available dealing with the installation of a Di2 groupset. Right now I've only found this one (http://www.trekbikes.com/...t_Service_Manual.pdf ) which deals with mechanical shifting only.

Thanks

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jph437 wrote:
I heard the Stages PM was the reason Wiggo didn't race TDF this year.

I heard it was because he was wearing a Kask Bambino and Slowtwitch didn't find that equipment aerodynamic enough

Stages is a joke of a guess at power. I'd sooner use TrainerRoad's virtual power or whatever. Or that heart rate strap made by cycleops.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stephenj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't want to put it on the shelves before it was ready. Definitely annoying to announce it and then not have it ready in a reasonable amount of time...but then again, that happens to some people with whole bikes.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I got the tilt wheel off, I find the little bolt on the thumb wheel.
Question for you, I ordered the kit for the seat post and for the handlebar do you know if they are in back order? Any way to get stainless steal Bolt for those of us that we live near the ocean.
I have some pictures of the parts, but can't find the way to upload them. could you PM a good contact at either trek or bontrager that could help me?

Mahalo

Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [hazelman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't a Di2 manual for the new bike. The basics are not much different from the old bike and original Di2, and there is a manual for that which your dealer can download.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what kit for the seatpost?

what kit for the handlebar?

many if not most of the bolts on the 2014 bike are stainless or otherwise anti-corrosion coated. there isn't a separate stainless bolt kit for this bike.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kit 437030 and 437027 according to the service manual PDF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
both are in stock.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Trek warrantying the old draft box w/ the lid that didn't stay on, or do we have to buy the new one?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the improved lid is in stock...PN 512622...I don't know how that's being dealt with for warranty purposes.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl

How can i order additonal mono spacer's for my 7.5 i am in need of a little taller stack. mk
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Kanem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You made need a taller stem rather than more mono spacers. I'm assuming you have the new 7.5 and the stock stem? I believe that is the low/near stem. You may need the high/near stem.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks already spoke with trek taken care of
Quote Reply

Prev Next