Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Speed Concept] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another (slightly lighter & cleaner) option is to use a cage where you can just drill the new mounting holes at the required spacing and use two plastic spacers underneath:

(I'll be relocating the Garmin when I use a bottle)

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I was hoping I could have borrow my buddy's BTA mount but he is traveling to the UK when I need it so no go on that one. I'll probably figure out some DIY solution for Whistler unless it arrives before then. I can't wait to get the bike built up.

Carl wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Several possibilities, but my best guess is that "in stock" may have been very limited quantities. That's a popular pair of accessories, and right around that time (early May) I started getting leadtime questions related to them being out of stock. When quantities are really limited (say, less than 10), they can run out in a matter of minutes depending on order volume at any given point in that day. Now imagine all the places where a few minutes of lag time might creep in between the dealer checking a box on your order, and that same order actually hitting the floor in the P1 shop.

For new domestic orders (i.e. placed today in the US) the cage is currently showing August availability, and the Speedbox2 is showing about this time next week. Backorders get filled first, and for all I know that's actually happening as I write this. Been known to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Another (slightly lighter & cleaner) option is to use a cage where you can just drill the new mounting holes at the required spacing and use two plastic spacers underneath:

(I'll be relocating the Garmin when I use a bottle)

Scott

That is nice. I tried similar with the gorilla cage. If you look closely on my cage I have some gorilla tape (coincidence??) covering the hole that I drilled into the cage. The way the cage is designed it wouldn't work like with the cage you have. I had the standard xlab torpedo cage (that came with the BTA bottle) just like yours but it kept launching the bottle so I had to do what I did to make it work with the gorilla cage. When I put the forward bolt to hold the cage in place it would stick up too far and make the cage effectively lose it's grip on the bottle because the front tab couldn't lock into the bottle. So alas I came up with the solution I have. However, I much rather have been able to go your route! It looks great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I have been having issues keeping the armpad rests tighted down. I have locktite on the bolts but it doesnt seem to be holding and they end up sliding around. any suggestions? I dont want to tighten them too far down and strip out anything.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [lestoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try some carbon assembly paste between the pad holder and the pad wing? agree you don't want to overtorque the mounting bolts.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have specifications (length and thread count) for all of the aero bar hardware. Ive managed to strip several of my bolts and id like to buy something a little more durable than the provided bolts. Im looking to replace the bolts that attatch the aerobar pads to the cross bar, the bolts that attatch the cross bar to the mono-extention and the 3 stem bolts that attatch the base bar to the stem
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [reefman77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all of those are included in cockpit bolt kit 437027 from your Trek dealer, which would preserve your warranty status.

if you still want to source separately, they are (in same order you listed):

M4x10mm button head (4)
M5x21mm flat head (2)
M6x20mm flat head (2)
M6x30mm flat head (1)

couple of thoughts on stripping bolt heads...torque wrench & don't exceed listed maximums, of course...but also, have you checked your hex wrenches for wear? they don't even need to look this bad to be undersized from normal use over time (as Greg mentions about halfway through this article).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P1 9 series ordered with DA DI2 and low far stem. I see some people have had issues with mounting the junction box with the low far stem. Is there anyway to tell if I'm going to have the same issues with my coordinates (560 mm reach to pad and 280 mm pad to shifter)? I plan to run a bottle BTA so the junction box is no go on the mono extensions if I can't mount it on the stem cover.

Has anyone mounted a gopro to their SC? If so, how did you mount it?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I have a P1 9 series ordered with DA DI2 and low far stem. I see some people have had issues with mounting the junction box with the low far stem. Is there anyway to tell if I'm going to have the same issues with my coordinates (560 mm reach to pad and 280 mm pad to shifter)? I plan to run a bottle BTA so the junction box is no go on the mono extensions if I can't mount it on the stem cover.

Has anyone mounted a gopro to their SC? If so, how did you mount it?

If you run the lowest mono extension spacer you will not be able to mount the junction box to the stem cover. It just doesn't fit. You might be okay with the second shortest spacer. You will be okay with the two tallest spacers.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I plan to run one of the two smallest spacers. I'll have to talk to my bike shop when the bike comes in to see what my options are.

I'm currently running a quarq on my 2012 SC. I'm torn between power meters right now with going to DI2. I was thinking about the vectors but all the complaints has me thinking otherwise. I'm not keen on a stages as I'd like power balance and I still question their accuracy. SRM is just too much money. I remember seeing someone on here having issues with their quarq and di2 9070 11 speed. Is anyone running a quarq Elsa and di2 9070 with no issues? If so, what chain rings are you running?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the low-far stem, if you "shave" off the little mounting pieces on the Di2 junction box, depending on the depth (fore/aft) position of your mono extension-- specifically how much the end overlaps the stem cover toward the rider --you might still be able to squeeze it in there. You will have to set the box on top of the stem cover, then install the mono-extension on top of it. This is what I did.... the rear derailleur reset button is still accessible thru the top slot of the mono extension. Upon a disassemble and re-inspection, the box didn't mar the stem cover (yet...)

-kellen
Last edited by: k(id): Jun 22, 14 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I plan to run one of the two smallest spacers. I'll have to talk to my bike shop when the bike comes in to see what my options are.

I'm currently running a quarq on my 2012 SC. I'm torn between power meters right now with going to DI2. I was thinking about the vectors but all the complaints has me thinking otherwise. I'm not keen on a stages as I'd like power balance and I still question their accuracy. SRM is just too much money. I remember seeing someone on here having issues with their quarq and di2 9070 11 speed. Is anyone running a quarq Elsa and di2 9070 with no issues? If so, what chain rings are you running?

I am running a quarq red (not 11 speed) with DI2 9070. I had swapped the chaingrings out for praxis prior to going to DI2 to attempt to solve a shifting issue with manual gears, it did not. The change to DI2 has been solid apart from a short moment where it appeared my FD did not want to move at all when pressing the button, this has not repeated itself as of yet.

I much prefer the DI2 over mechanical, especially with the ability to shift from the basebar, which made itself extremely useful for out of the saddle action just this weekend.

Thanks

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Last edited by: chrisbint: Jun 22, 14 10:27
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl and everybody,

I currently own a 2014 7.5 Speed Concept. I`m planning to upgrade to the new Ultegra 6870 Di2. I`ve been told it will be much easier to travel with the bike, since I can disassemble the integrated front end by just unscrewing the lower 3 bolts and disconnecting the electronics cable. Is that true?

Also can you guys please tell me which parts I need to buy to get the upgrade correct? I`m planning to mount the battery inside the seatpost but as far as I now I`ll need some special parts from Trek to make it possible.

Thank you very much.

Nic
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ngsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, to your first question.

Carl can help you with the part #'s.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ngsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a list to go from...including the seatpost battery holder. You'll also need to get one of the 9-series carbon seatposts, part # depends on length and offset, and your Trek dealer can help with that.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Just got my SC 9.

Are there different thickness to the arm pads available? Or there is just 1 thickness fits all for everyone?

If there are different arm pad thickness, ie. thicker or thinner, then I will have to consider about using the pad wing spacer to maintain the same pad stack.

Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the one thickness.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, thanks for your explanation of the possible causes of delay. I got the shop to chase up the source of the delay, and apparently it is the frame itself. It's a bit puzzling how a frame can suddenly become delayed by two weeks overnight, as you'd think there would just be a queue of frames being built and any delays would see the current queue move backwards a small amount each day if the rate of work isn't keeping up with forecasts.

Anyway, I have managed to get my P5 back up and running by borrowing a fork from a new style P3, which will make the delay a little less painful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mankul wrote:
Hi Carl,
Just got my SC 9.

Are there different thickness to the arm pads available? Or there is just 1 thickness fits all for everyone?

If there are different arm pad thickness, ie. thicker or thinner, then I will have to consider about using the pad wing spacer to maintain the same pad stack.

Regards.

https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=122

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

1. assuming one uses a steerer stub and their "own" bars, can you tell me if the older SC9 and the newer SC7/9 are effectively the same height at the front for a particular frame size? I'm assuming the same size steerer stub can be used for both new and old frames.

2. if one had an old SC7 with no steerer tube spacers, the stock headset and a flat stem, is it possible to get the newer SC7/9 to the same height at the front using the steerer stub, headset and as flat a stem as would allow. I'm guessing it's not quite possible as the latter setup precludes the use of a flat stem?

Thanks.......
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) yes, they are effectively the same...though the steerstub designs differ (not compatible across platforms)

2) yes, it's possible, with a negative rise stem (say, -25deg, Bontrager makes one...-40deg too)...the keys are that the stem needs to be long enough and needs to be spaced upwards slightly on the stub to allow clearance for the front brake housing.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just sharing my rig.

I'm using Di2 7090. Decided not to use a modified internal battery as I prefer easy access to the external battery in case I got caught with a dead battery, I just need to put in my spare batt.

I'm also using a front Di2 harness that makes use of the flightdeck. Modified a mount to bolt it to the front bolt thread on the mono extension. I can't do without gear indicator :)

Squeezed the garmin 810 using the K-Edge aerobar computer mount.
Last edited by: Mankul: Jun 25, 14 5:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UCI legal rig? how does she TT?
Nice bike, not keen on the 'too much data' look, but im betting your a shit tonne faster than I am so who am i to judge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a carbon seat post? If so what's the offset?
What rear light is that? Do you like it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Is it a must to have the cradle installed in the mono extension assembly?

I wanted my mono extension to be at the most forward position but there is a protrusion at the rear part of the cradle which houses the set screw. This protrusion prevents the mono extension to be at the more forward position. I'm deprived of another 2cm of forward mono extension position because of this cradle.

Is there any harm removing the cradle completely?

regards,
Lukman
Quote Reply

Prev Next