Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Today should be interesting and I think it will be one for the breakaway. I have to think the GC teams will be a bit conservative today given what is to come in a few days.

I don't have VPN access to get race updates, so I am just reading the titles on the main forum to get updates :-)

:)

First laugh of the day. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Bennett potentially in a group chasing the break?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wurf looks downright chunky compared to many of the others. He looks very lean outside of the pro peloton though!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You win post of the day
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 27, 20 7:13
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wurf might well burn a few extra KJs if Carapaz holds onto lead.

Interesting that J-V put Kuss and Bennett in break. Make Ineos work, ambush or Roglic is off?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:
Too many 'you know's'.

Great. Now that's all I hear.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its so strange watching a Grand Tour lately where Movistar seems to have competent team tactics.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Its so strange watching a Grand Tour lately where Movistar seems to have competent team tactics.

Blind squirrels and acorns, aka, how I select picks for our pick'em game
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Movistar tactics, but really pulling for Woods over 'verde here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too many passengers in chase group. They just had a perfect opportunity to get back.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great stage. Too bad they have yet to show footage of Wood's attack.

Btw, I think this is when Fraile realized that he's been beaten (gap check to third with slightly less than 500 meters to go). He did eat into the gap quite a bit initially, but I guess his muscles soon got soaked in lactic acid.

Last edited by: echappist: Oct 27, 20 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very entertaining stage.

ISN 2021 had great day. Froome rode up front for a while, Martin held his GC position, and Woods takes the stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Woods did a nice job of buggering Valverde while covering attacks and then perfect timing. He's come a long way, tactically speaking.

Froome's been a team guy. I hereby eat my earlier snide comments. Jimmay was probably drinkin'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woods’ vo2 max power must be mind boggling. Fraile is no joke but he didn’t stand a chance on that finish.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:

Woods did a nice job of buggering Valverde while covering attacks and then perfect timing. He's come a long way, tactically speaking.

Froome's been a team guy. I hereby eat my earlier snide comments. Jimmay was probably drinkin'.

Anytime Valverde gets rolled, especially by someone likely clean, is a good day (see also Dan Martin trolling Valverde at 2013 LBL and 2014 Lombardia)

Carl Spackler wrote:
Woods’ vo2 max power must be mind boggling. Fraile is no joke but he didn’t stand a chance on that finish.

Indeed. I think Woods ran sub-4 miles (at U of Michigan). Were he of more stout build, he'd be good at individual pursuits. He may still be at least halfway decent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it looks like Tom D has abandoned. Based on how he was riding on don't think this "should" affect JV, but we will see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the final should be a 25 minute effort on steep gradients. This feels like a Carapaz type of climb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that climb doesn't look fun. At least it's warm and sunny today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wurf is doing good work again today. Once again Movistar seems to have their shit together. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Wurf is doing good work again today. Once again Movistar seems to have their shit together. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Shows you what drama Landa/Nairo really brought to the bus.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here we go. Roglic has been invisible today. If he is well I suspect he is going to try to take back time and he can certainly do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After all that work, Movi's riders are just dropping like flies. Talk about terrible tactics.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all falls apart!

Carthy is sending it today. Can it stick?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was an impressive finish by Roglic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has a nasty kick at the end of tough climbs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next