Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has been a monster the past couple days.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top Ganna lighting the afterburners again. So smooth at 500 watts.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, Hindley's head position and helmet. That does not look good

Sky has finally done well in the Giro, after so many tries
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Are you forgetting 2018 and the Finisterre raid? Although that was more of an individual effort than the team effort we saw this time around.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
echappist wrote:

Are you forgetting 2018 and the Finisterre raid? Although that was more of an individual effort than the team effort we saw this time around.

Opps, brain fart.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Opps, brain fart.

No worries; you're still well below your quota in that department.

A bit of excitement in the Vuelta today. Roglic not waiting for week three to show weakness.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
echappist wrote:
Opps, brain fart.

No worries; you're still well below your quota in that department.

A bit of excitement in the Vuelta today. Roglic not waiting for week three to show weakness.

That was a brutal stage, and perhaps the rain had an effect? Need some warm tea just to watch that...

Speaking of brain farts or lack thereof, anyone know who the commentators are on NBC?

I subscribe to Peacock (long story, I need my fix of English footie), and was surprised to find that the senile duo aren't commentating. Nor are the commentators American. I've def heard the male commentator before, as he did BBC's coverage of 2019 Worlds. Sometimes a bit slow, but overall good.

Don't quite know who the female commentator is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure Anthony Mcrossan. The woman is Hannah Walker. Fairly brief pro career. She’s doing a nice job IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it; thanks. The two they have is certainly preferable to having Dumb & Senile or some of the other guys (e.g. Horner or Vandevelde) commenting. For whatever reason, McEwen is okay in my books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh boy, looks like a short-tail helmet would have helped his cause...

Last edited by: echappist: Oct 25, 20 16:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
For whatever reason, McEwen is okay in my books.

Agreed. McCrossan/Walker, McEwan, Matt Stephens have all been pretty darn good. Touching to hear them get downright emotional, like Matt Stephens when Dowsett won his stage. Not full of themselves, despite all having been pros of various levels.

The new generation of announcers is as good as the new generation of racers.

Edit: Take that back, I don't think McCrossan was ever a pro cyclist. Nothing wrong with that, though.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 25, 20 17:15
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walker has a long way to go. Too many 'you know's and other fillers that a commentator should never use. Her insights are very basic.

I'm sure she will improve but she needs a lot of work.

One person I'd like to hear a lot more of is Rochelle Gilmore. She commented on 2019 worlds and really knew her stuff. Read the race and riders faces like only a pro could. Her insights were never trivial.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
echappist wrote:
For whatever reason, McEwen is okay in my books.

Agreed. McCrossan/Walker, McEwan, Matt Stephens have all been pretty darn good. Touching to hear them get downright emotional, like Matt Stephens when Dowsett won his stage. Not full of themselves, despite all having been pros of various levels.

The new generation of announcers is as good as the new generation of racers.

Edit: Take that back, I don't think McCrossan was ever a pro cyclist. Nothing wrong with that, though.

Stephens has been great. McCrossan needs a foil with a sense of humor. He can lull ya to sleep sometimes.

More important, how about the new crop? Pretty exciting to see these kids ride away from Nibs and Valverde and the rest. Nibs has been very gracious and analytical about it all, while still riding very well. Crazy to be considered the old guys at mid late 30's. They retire and it's like being reborn.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was flipping through feeds yesterday and hit the Stephens feed. It wasn't half bad, but everything they said was "he is VERY VERY good" "it is VERY VERY likely" etc. I couldn't stop hearing it!

I actually really like McEwen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The youth movement this year is crazy. If memory serves, every classisms or monument plus the two GTs have been guys 25 or under, other than Roglic at LBL. And all that without Remco for most of the racing and Bernal injured.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Oct 26, 20 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It truly is interesting to watch. The level and consistency of the young generation is amazing. They all seem to really "get" testing as well. Even these small younger lads seem to take interest in testing well, which is great to see because they can either win time or mitigate losses on those TTs.

By the way, Almeida has a fantastic looking position.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, the attention to detail has gone up across the board.

And you're also right about Almeida... and the tier of guys who didn't win but are there like Hindley, Kuss, that young kid on AG2R and so on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fun fact: this year’s 7th for Nibali was his lowest Giro finish in 12 years. He’s had a pretty good run on his home turf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nib's post race comments were class too. He was very complimentary to all of the GC riders, particularly the younger riders.

I have to say again with Ganna, he is always class in interviews. He gave a real sense of emotions after that time trial. Winning is great and I've no doubt he felt that, but he genuinely seemed emotional and as though his real care was with Tao's success.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geoghegan Hart was a swimmer. Who would have thought. Should we speculate on his Ironman career ?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Geoghegan Hart was a swimmer. Who would have thought. Should we speculate on his Ironman career ?

There's a certain mentality overlap with the 'I'm gonna suffer for 4-6 hours today, everyday' being necessary for elite success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today should be interesting and I think it will be one for the breakaway. I have to think the GC teams will be a bit conservative today given what is to come in a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Today should be interesting and I think it will be one for the breakaway. I have to think the GC teams will be a bit conservative today given what is to come in a few days.

I don't have VPN access to get race updates, so I am just reading the titles on the main forum to get updates :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol

I had a hearty chuckle at that one. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

I don't have VPN access to get race updates, so I am just reading the titles on the main forum to get updates :-)

Extremely well played!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Sepp Kuss going up the road with 100K to go - kind of interesting.

Edit: McCrossan said Sepp, but it sure looks like George Bennett to me.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 27, 20 6:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next