Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jxj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely did not draft!! and flatted also :0( I can take a snap shot of the History if I like :0)

I did pass on the right once only because is I got speed up to pass another guy came on my left to pass and forced me to the right. I apologized two times for that. The guy on left did pass me legally :0).

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just kidding. In a jolly mood today off the race high. Nice work.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jxj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know just wanted a reason to post it. All Nick Barclays work making me aero worked!

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 251watts NP253
2. 17.8mph
3. 21.25mi
4. 160lbs
5. P3, jet6, wheel cover
6. Crank the Kanc TT 2386 elevation gain

1. 188watts NP208
2. 20.4mph
3. 56.06mi
4. 160lbs
5. P3, jet6, wheel cover
6. Rev3 Quassy
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 138W (168 W NP)
2) 18.9 MPH
3) 56 Mi
4) 162 lb
5) Cervelo P2, Williams 60's front/90's back
6) Kansas 70.3, just aiming to beat Hines Ward
7)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by BBB1975 [ In reply to ]
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [scott_e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you beat him?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was my first HIM and I was a little freaked out by the RD's "things that will end your day" speech so I went pretty easy - but I did manage to beat the football player by about eleven minutes!!!

Thanks to all the ST'ers for the great advice over the last few years, I couldn't have done it without you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1). 235watts
2). 22.2mph
3). 56 miles
4). 187 pounds 6'4"
5). XL Shiv 808 Front tubular with Zipp disc tubular rear
6). This was the Raleigh 70.3. Great course. I have not been sick in 9 months and got the crud a few days before the race. Just had ZERO energy so whahhhhhhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so I've been training with power for about a year, and now starting to get some data from TTs and races. I've had my position Retul'ed and I'm pretty happy with it comfort-wise in terms of my upcoming IM. I have also been tinkering with my bike to try to make it more aero. The question is how am I doing? Looking back through this thread has been really interesting; my impression is that the speed I'm getting for my watts is not too bad but not too good either, i.e. "average". So, to the ST speed/power aficionados, what score would you give me out 10 and where do you think I should be looking to get more aero gains? Thanks.

My current set up is an Orbea Ora 2009, Profile Design T2 aerobars, FFWD F9R/Disc combo - see pics below. At the Retul, we pushed my position as far as the bike/aero bars would allow (stem is slammed etc), so more changes in the right direction would need a new frame and/or bar.

[URL=http://s1293.photobucket.com/...zps2b9eb27c.jpg.html][/url]
[URL=http://s1293.photobucket.com/...zpsc334e498.jpg.html][/url]
[URL=http://s1293.photobucket.com/...zps3bd91dd8.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [scott_e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 184W (196NP)
2) 19.1 mph
3) 56mi
4) 150lbs
5) Kuota Kaliber with 404s
6) kansas70.3

1st race with power. Seeing Scott_e's data i am perplexed. Same course, similar speed, WAY different wattage. I know I'm not as aero as he is in his picture, but I stayed aero as much as possible in a good position. Can position and wheels make that much difference? I am lighter, but likely taller (6'2") - this makes me like a sail. Frustrating to feel like I'm working so hard and going so slowly. I was passed by hundreds on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Heyhosilver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a fast course and windy:

10m TT
1) 271 (NP)
2) 265 AV Power
3) 26.5mph
4) 00:22:51

McLaren Venge Di2
Zipp FC 808/Super9

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Crazy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using power for quite a while but have a new set up (new G3 hub and new Garmin). I was astonished at how low the number was. I didn't want to whine about it because the result was fine, but I have to wonder if I have a setting f'ed up or something. I attributed the low AP to the course being 50% downhill and often steep enough that I wasn't pedaling or producing any power.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you switch to a powertap from something?

The powertap system with a garmin 500 is about as idiot proof as they come.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your FTP? My numbers are always significantly higher than my buddies, but I'm not that much faster than him. It's really a matter of the effort you are putting in. My FTP is a lot higher than his.

I would need to push 230-240 watts n a flat course for 22+ mph. I rode 100 today at 21.7 mph averaging 223 watts with about 1:30 of hard intervals thrown in. Flat course and somewhat windy. I'm 6' 160lbs.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tom1376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no laughing...
25miTT
214NP
213 Ap
1:06:35
22.5mph
162lbs
Cervelo p5 w/hed jet 6/9
pretty flat and straight course.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tom1376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have know idea what mine is. I just got the PT about two weeks ago. Are you a masher or do you spinner? I am more of a masher . Think the Joule had my cadence at 65 or 68 definetly not high RPM.

Quote | Reply
1) 225w
2) 25.7mph
3) 40.5km
4) Rider weight
5) Felt FC road bike, -45 degree stem slammed, super low stack aerobars, HED CX front wheels, disc
6) Legitimate point: I'm on a road frame. Crying like a little biatch: Raised my saddle a half cm or so too much when slamming the saddle forward for TT position, hurt power generation a little bit (i think I can get 8-10w more)
7) Roughly my position

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colorado State TT Championships
1) 277W
2) 26.5 MPH (56:20)
3) 40K TT
4)170lbs
5) Shiv Expert with bottle between bars and Reynold 46 Assault's with powertap and disc cover... 4000s Conti Tires with lightweight butyl
6) I think this is an honest measurement... but my 20 minute power is 315... so I missed something somewhere... oh well.

No pic

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joroshiba wrote:
1) 225w
2) 25.7mph

Very nice: we're similar size/weight but for 10W less your getting 2mph more than me - your position looks very slippery, not sure I could even get down that low let alone generate any watts there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally average around 80rpms but that's with coasting, etc... I'm probably more on the 85-90 if I were to pedal constantly, so not a masher.

I was looking at all the numbers and yours jumped our because its similar to my buddies. He was surprised his was so low. He has a PT also. I don't understand the huge difference, I have a quarq. However I figure what really matters is the effort. If we are putting out the same effort at similar speeds then in a sense it doesn't matter what your power is. It's hard to compare power across different riders with different meters.

Btw, I've only had mine since December so I'm new to it also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking maybe position and equipment matters lot . But what matters more is ,can if I run off of given watts.

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G3/Garmin 810

and it might all be OK, it just seemed low versus previous rides of similar distance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow how do you generate power in that position!!!?!! So aero!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
I am thinking maybe position and equipment matters lot . But what matters more is ,can if I run off of given watts.
Exactly. That's why to make this
Thread more meaningful, effort should be considered.
Quote Reply

Prev Next