Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well you picked a windy one and you knew it would be once there,,since it goes through the middle of a wind farm :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I saw those turbines a few miles out, and I knew it was going to be a tough day.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [blitzkrieg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of good being slippery did me. I may have made 4 minutes on the bike, but you crushed me on the run. One of us was on the podium, and it wasn't me. Good work.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [strathconaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 286 watts
2) 22.8 MPH
3) 12.58 miles
4) 6'2" ish, 190lbs
5) Felt B10 with 404 FC front and 808 FC rear
6) it was windy, I had the second fastest bike split behind a guy who "had just retired from bike racing" elevation gain was 427 feet...

Superfly Coaching
http://www.superflycoaching.com/eric

IL PIRATA VI GUARDA
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [turneej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rockford OLY Tri, raining the entire bike

1) Ave=205W, NP: 217W
2) 21.3 MPH
3) 25.00 miles
4) 167ish lbs
5) Cervelo P2 with Zipp Vuka bars and Hed 9 clinchers (GP4000's)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM CDA

1) Average watts : 277 (Strava guesstimate)
2) Average speed in MPH: 21.9
3) Distance: IM
4) Rider weight: 173lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Trek SC 9.5, Zipp Firecrest 404/808
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: I rode too hard and then wasn't able to run! Well I can't run worth a darn anyway, but this just is a reason to whine!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [stinkerpeter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apache 40k TT
Time -56:50
Distance- 24.3
AP-281, NP-283
Weight - 155lbs
Setup- Trek TTX 9.9, Zipp Vuka bars, Zipp 900 disc, renynolds DV46 front. Giro advantage 2 helmet

Last edited by: Fender753: Jun 26, 13 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Fender753] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race Across America
8-person Team

I completed 92 individual time trial efforts ranging from 500 meters to 28 miles with the following summary data:
Average speed: 23.4 MPH
Average HR: 158
Average Power: 249 (NP)
Weight: 70 kilograms
Total vertical ascent: 21,000 feet
Total mileage: 355 miles

Mix of TT bike (75%) and road bike (25%).

New RAAM World Record for http://www.team4mil.org racing under the Allied Forces banner.... 5 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes.

Cheers,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Fender753] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Texas State ITT - 40k of rolling hills
Time -59:20
Distance- 24.8
Average Speed - 25.1mph

AP-258, NP-260
Weight - 185lbs
Setup- Shiv Comp, Zipp 404's with wheelcover, skin suit, Bell Javelin helmet

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [stinkerpeter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts : 277 (Strava guesstimate)

Strava watts are not real. On the TT bike, mine are >40% high. Close on the road bike though.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race Across America
8-person Team

Tough record to beat!

I'm curious what your strategy was. Will you be describing the race anywhere?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive always loved that paint job.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give me just a few more days to codify my thoughts and then we'll post a race recap including our strategy (which was, basically, too go hard a bunch of times...).

Ultimately, RAAM is as much about the quality of your crew as the quality of your riders. However, it didn't hurt that we had some REALLY high quality athletes.

More to follow soon.

Regards,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 192 (under target of 195)
2) Average speed in MPH - 23.6mph
3) Distance - 14 miles (absolutely pancake flat)
4) Rider weight - 148lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Cervelo P3, Flo disc and Flow 60 front both with Michelin Pro Race 3 tires. Torhans hydration with DSW aero box.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: First race since I had a shot of cortisone in my hip. Goal was to be able to run well off the bike (short race) with very minimal run training. Battling a torn hip labrum and facing surgery soon.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. - The pic is not from the race, but taken as a still shot from some video I was taken when looking at some things. Same exact setup and position as race day.

Last edited by: LSUfan4444: Jul 3, 13 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 297
2) Average speed in MPH - 23.6mph
3) Distance - 25.6 miles (1600ft of climb)

4) Rider weight - 199lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels - Shiv Expert with 808's and Wheelcover and Zipp Aerobar (switching to a USE for next race).
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: No excuses here. Was a lap course with some 90 degree turns required to slow down. Would love to know what my aero profile is like based on numbers. People feel free to comment

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. I would if I could?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to know what my aero profile is like based on numbers.

Is your ride on Strava? Lack of an out-back will make it tough, but you might have some luck with the modified VE method.

I'd recommend doing some dedicated testing though if you want decent accuracy.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4635096;page=1;mh=-1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
av. Power: 201w
NP: 209w
Av. Speed: 35.2km/h
Rider Weight 63kg
Distance 36,1km
Elevation gain: 263m
Elevation loss: 263m

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 155W AP, 158W NP (xPower from Golden Cheetah), VI (or xPower/AP) 1.02 (is that any good? Never paced long distance by power before..). Quarq Riken on S975 cranks.
2) Average speed in MPH - 20.7mph
3) Distance - 112 miles (and a bit) at Outlaw Iron Distance, UK
4) Rider weight - 68kg
5) Describe bike and wheels - Cervelo P3 2012 with Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL, carbon disc cover on rear. BTA bottle for drinks with regular (round) downtube bottle for Gels. Flat kit/extra nutrition all concealed in darkspeedworks top tube bag or stuffed under the saddle. Conti GP4000S 23mm with latex tubes. Rudy Project Wingspan. Club Trisuit.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - only excuse being I'm a crap cyclist. Evenly paced, slight negative split (1 minute quicker) for a ~25 mile loop that was repeated at start and end of ride. Good conditions; hot and humid with little to no wind, pretty flat course, mixed road surface but generally ok. Finish time 10:46 with a sloooooooow run (same for everyone, it was hot hot hot), top 5% and 8th in AG. Stayed in aero 99.9% of the ride.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.
As close as I could reasonably get to my FIST coordinates. Only one front-on picture from the course. Probably didn't shrug and turtle as much as in that youtube vid for the full course, but that exact same bike setup.

Crappy Picture
Youtube TT Position
Last edited by: knighty76: Jul 9, 13 4:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 280 W (Quarq)
2) 24,5 mph
3) 9,3 km (two-stage race prologue)
4) 5'9", 141 lbs
5) Boardman Team C, Fulcrum 3 wheels, Pro 4 Endurance clinchers, Easton aerobars, TT-helmet
6) Forth and back route with additional loop (better see here http://app.strava.com/activities/67114520), one bridge with gradients to 3%, cold weather (18 C), light rain, light E-SE wind. Forgot to check and pump tires before start :) I think pressure was a bit lower than optimal.

Shot made not in a race day (actually, today) but all the same except helmet:

Last edited by: indjke: Jul 18, 13 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [indjke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caseville Triathlon (Half)

1) 179 watts
2) 23.9 mph
3) 57 miles
4) Rider weight 138 lbs
5) Cervelo P2 (48) Jet 90 front Jet 90 Rear w/cover, Bontrager RXL Aero TT tires, Vittoria Latex tubes, Bell Javelin w/Visor
6) Flat and fast

WKO data

Entire workout (179 watts):
Duration: 2:23:14 (2:23:34)
Work: 1540 kJ
TSS: 179.5 (intensity factor 0.867)
Norm Power: 182
VI: 1.02
Pw:HR: n/a
Pa:HR: n/a
Distance: 57.106 mi
Elevation Gain: 274 ft
Elevation Loss: 280 ft
Grade: -0.0 % (-6 ft)
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 535 179 watts
Cadence: 8 254 83 rpm
Speed: 3.9 43.8 23.9 mph
Pace 1:22 15:20 2:31 min/mi
Altitude: 577 608 589 ft
Crank Torque: 0 1698 184 lb-in
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 15, 13 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NC State TT Championships

1. 271 AP / 282 NP
2. 24.6 mph
3. 24.2 miles
4. Rider weight 150lb
5. Cervelo P2 (54cm) Stinger 90 front + Vitt. Corsa CX 290tpi , Edge 68 w/ PT rear + Bontrager RXL + Butyl tube, Bell Javelin w/ visor
6. 1047ft of climbing, crappy pavement, windy and windy, waaaahhhhh
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/342870551

I totally overcooked this in the first few miles. The two 600+ W spikes weren't the smartest part of my race for sure.

The gigantic dip in speed 25 min in was a pretty solid climb, but also happened to be the point in the race where I got chased off the road by some bumpkin's junkyard dog. Fortunately he wasn't so much aggressive as he was curious, but I wasn't too thrilled about having to hit the brakes on a climb.

I was aiming for more like a 300W average, having done ~30 mi about 10 days before at 24.1mph and 265W AP (288 NP) on a training ride, but it wasn't to be. I'll be looking for some TT redemption at the Charlotte Motor Speedway TT series next week!

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
15K TT ( first TT ever) Pancake flat out & back. Had a slight tail wind going out then head wind coming back

1) Average watts: 289 (292NP)
2) Average speed in MPH 25.5
3) Distance 9.3 (15K)
4) Rider weight 6'3 181lb
5) Describe bike and wheels Specialized Transition. 808FC front & rear with a disc cover on GP4000S. TT2 Aero helmet
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero Tired from running 12 miles the day before.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. Nope

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vineman 70.3
171 watts
18.1 mph
56 miles
6' 1", 210
Stock wheels (low end)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 220 AP and 225 NP
2) 23.07 MPH
3) 56 miles
4) 159 (taken day before race)
5) S80 front wheel with 88 mm carbon rear with wheel builder cover. TorHans 20 up front with Vr bottle on seat tube for calories. Rear bottle cage behind seat holding spare kit in bottle
6) REALLY crappy roads for a few miles that slowed me down a decent amount.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vineman 70.3
295 avg watts / 305 NP
25.4 mph avg
55.2 miles on Garmin
6' 1", 160
2008 P3, HED JET Disc / JET 9FR

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/...YUX3A34QDWAWZCC5X5RU

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply

Prev Next