Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tom1376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree, that is why u cannot discount heart rate

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Heyhosilver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My position has tweaked a little bit since that picture was taken, moved forward a bit to open up the hip angle a little bit more. I just don't have a newer picture. I could generate power in that position (key being that due to the turtling my hip was nearly upright) but holding it for more than 30 minutes was a no go. I'm also very small (for a guy) which helps with the aero. I don't think there is any reason others can't get as low as me, rotate you position, don't try and only lower it. And don't give up when one thing doesn't work! I probably spent 6-7 hrs getting mine to where it is and I'll mess with it some more as well.

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Heyhosilver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heyhosilver wrote:
...My current set up is an Orbea Ora 2009, Profile Design T2 aerobars, FFWD F9R/Disc combo - see pics below. At the Retul, we pushed my position as far as the bike/aero bars would allow (stem is slammed etc), so more changes in the right direction would need a new frame and/or bar

What are you running for a stem? It looks like you could go to something like a Profile Aris at -25 degrees and drop your front end substantially.

One way or another I'd look for ways to lower your front end as you're riding very tall right now so if you're not limited by comfort or power loss I'd do what it takes to get lower.

-Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [scott_e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats odd, I figured you might have switched from SRM or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use HR also and %FTP and RPE.

I think our point is that if you are riding faster at the same effort (all other conditions being equal) then I can improve with aerodynamics. In other words, comparing power numbers doesn't mean squat due to so many variabilities, unless you know the effort being put out. If we are just comparing power then we need to know everything the OP requested plus the FTP.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tom1376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay ....... I agree to agree that u are correct :o)
Who is this original OP Matto? I hear he is pretty fast but I am never fast enough out of the water to see him .:0)-

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
288 watts 25.2 mph 13 mile bike course

weight 170

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of bike and wheels? Aero brakes or TT cranks? Tires?

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Dave_Ryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current stem is -17degrees so a -25 would be a step in the right direction, beyond that I think I have pushed this rig to it's limits.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Additional info: Rider weight: 186 + 19ish lbs bike. FC808. No bottles very little wind. Removing 1/4 mile on either side (strapping in/unstrapping etc) AP: 219 avg mph 23.1
I was happy with my position until I saw it on film....now not so sure.

Last edited by: roamingseaside: Jun 17, 13 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday, June 9, 2013 -- Eagleman (No wind to speak of; temps is high 70s -- low 80s) Data below from my PowerTap

Avg Watts: 181 (176 NP)
Avg Speed: 23.17 (2:25:53)
Distance: 56.29 miles
Weight: 153 lbs
Felt DA w/808 tubular front and Sub 9 tubular disc
TSS: 136
IF: 0.748
VI: 0.97
Run: 1:42 which was on the slower side for me so not sure what happened given I didn't blow it out on the bike.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [GIO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2013 Eagleman 70.3

Kuota K-Factor/Flo 60 Front/Mavic OpenPro w/PowerTap and Disc Cover

Distance: 56.17
Time: 2:21:43
Speed Avg: 23.8
Avg Power:219 W
Max Power:801 W
Max Avg Power (20 min):232 W
Normalized Power (NP):225 W
Intensity Factor (IF):0.79
Training Stress Score (TSS):138.4
Work:1,755 kJ
Last edited by: fatbastard: Jun 17, 13 12:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
I know just wanted a reason to post it. All Nick Barclays work making me aero worked!

This is the truth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 209 avg (213 norm)
2) 23.5mph
3) 56 miles
4) 150 lb
5) Felt B2Pro (bayonet), Easton bars, Zipp 404 clincher front, Zipp 808 w/ Wheelbuilder cover; GP4000s
6) 1 climb, flat course (high cliff 1/2), rainstorm for ~6 miles
7) http://www.backprint.com/...5&S=230&PWD=

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apache 40k TT

1) 283AP 286NP
2) 27.3 mph
3) 24.2mi
4) 5'10" 145lbs
5) QR CD0.1 with Bontrager RXL bars, Torhans Aero 20, Bontrager Aura 5 front wheel with R4 aero 22m tire, latex tubes, HED Jet 6 PT with disc cover rear wrapped in Conti GP4000s 23mm, latex tubes, 50/34 11-25 gearing, Giro Selector with visor and deep tail fairing
6) Very windy day with head wind start and tailwind finish on a semi rolling out and back course. 25.5mph and 29.5mph back home. I am a wiener and had to unclip on the 180 turn around the cone.

Alex Arman

Strava
Last edited by: doublea334: Jun 24, 13 9:00
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welland Sprint. Flat course, calm wind.

1) 212AP, 224NP
2) 24.5mph
3) 30km
4) 165lbs
5) 2009 Aluminum Giant Trinity, blacked out with a gold chain. Spez Trispoke Front, Bontrager Race X Lite PT & Disc Cover Rear. Michelin Latex under 20mm Supersonics.
6) Recovering from ITBS, so I took it easy on the bike, fearing the run.
7) See attached.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does riding with bare feet mess with your pedaling technique?? I know technique has a huge impact on power output.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welland 1/2 Iron

1) 190 average (195NP)
2) 22.4 mph
3) 56 miles
4) 157lbs 5'8"
5) Time Machine TM01 with Enve 6.7 wheels and Continental Podium TT tires 22mm
6) 20-25 mph wind from the West. This was actually an experiment with 175mm cranks (from 165mm cranks at IMTX). I was pleasantly surprised, but I may have over-cooked it a little for a 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [strathconaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite interesting data point there. Clearly you punch a smaller hole in the air than I do.

I did the Welland Half Bike/Run:

1.) 190 AP (192 NP)
2.) 35.4 km/hr (22.0 mph)
3.) 56 miles (2:32.4 moving time. Time trial start by Sportstats f*ed up my results even after they fixed it 10 mins before awards, lol)
4.) 155 lbs, 6'0"
5.) 2009 Cervelo P2C with 404/808+wheelcover disc. Giro Advantage 2. Continental Sprinter 23mm tubulars.
6.) As above...pretty windy day with lots of headwind and cross-wind for at least 65 kms of the 90km course. Goal was 195 AP. Tried to save up for the run...

Duathlete by choice?
Last edited by: blitzkrieg: Jun 24, 13 22:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
311 watts
26.6 mph
11.3 miles
Shiv with zipp disc and 404 front
Clincher supersonics with latex tubes
Did not pace well (first TT in 2 years
I am 179 lbs
Moderate breeze on one 3 mile stretch of the course. No breeze would have gave me an extra .5 mph +\-
350 feet elevation gain
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Ken66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 315w AP (319w NP)
2) 43.3kph (26.9mph)
3) 49.2km (30.6miles) (2 laps of 15.3 mile circuit)
1:08:11
4) 74kg
5)P5 UCI, HED Jet 6 front, Powertap HED Jet 6 rear with RALtech disk cover, 23mmVitoria Corsa Evo cx clinchers

British TT Championships

paced perfectly - second lap 1s faster than first lap
Hilly & technical - 1000ft of climbing over 2 Laps
Warm (20c) no wind
CdA 0.225, which is bang on for a technical, hilly traffic free course
Placed 21,

Alex Dowsett of Movistar won with a time of 1:02:30 & Avg. speed of 47.2kph (29.3mph)

Last edited by: moonshine: Jun 25, 13 1:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
41,4kmh
240w
57km triathlon bike leg
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [alvaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little disappointed with this effort at first. It was windy which suits me well and I ran my best 5K in a triathlon afterwards so I guess it wasn't too bad.

Duration: 33:18 (33:24)
Work: 417 kJ
TSS: 46.8 (intensity factor 0.922)
Norm Power: 212
VI: 1.01
Pw:HR: 3.42%
Pa:HR: -14.24%
Distance: 13.505 mi
Elevation Gain: 10 ft
Elevation Loss: 21 ft
Grade: -0.0 % (-13 ft)
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 573 209 watts
Heart Rate: 151 166 159 bpm
Cadence: 10 118 86 rpm
Speed: 8 42.3 24.2 mph
Pace 1:25 7:29 2:28 min/mi
Altitude: 560 581 568 ft
Crank Torque: 0 1615 210 lb-in
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you must be the fellow druber talked to post race and told to try real racing :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, yeah. That was me. This was my first bike only race, and I can say I definitely enjoyed it... in a sick, painful kind of way.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next