Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm riding 150s. They feel nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Preferably a Strava file.

Besides the info you gave:
Oh... and crank or hub PM!
Total weight
Road surface condition
Altitude
Temperature
Barometric pressure
Dew point
Guess on wind speed and direction

The weather stuff can be found at a local station.
Last edited by: rruff: Jun 11, 13 14:47
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I just started riding with power, and some of the numbers in here are humbling.

This is from the Capitol City Biathlon a couple weeks ago. Gently rolling terrain, and we had a great day for it. Slight headwind on the way out, about 70 degrees, and it started to sprinkle just as I crossed the finish line.

1) 212W
2) 21.5 mph
3) 15 miles
4) 172 lbs/78 kgs
5) 2012 Felt DA1, Flo 60 Front (bonty R4 Aero), Flo 90 Rear (Continental Force), Bontrager Latex Tubes, Bell Javelin with shield, ChampSys trisuit
6)I ran a 5K PR in the run (this is a run/bike Biathlon), so might have slightly overcooked my legs. Also, forgot to zero the Quarq before the race, but had done it the before the warm up ride. It's my first race with a PM, give me a break!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total weight (bike+me+clothing) was probably 220 lbs (99.8 kg)

Road surface was average, not fresh ashpalt, not chip seal. Typical rural road. Decently smooth tire groove from the cars

Start was at 1500 feet elevation. Turn around was at 1560 feet elevation.

Temperature started at 88, ended at what looks like 92-93. So average 90 F.

Barometric pressure was 29.79in. Dew Point 23.4 F.

Wind was 4mph out of the SW (here's a strava link to the course http://app.strava.com/segments/1541869)

Here's where I got the weather data, it looks like the winds may have picked up slightly on the return leg (I went off at 8:13)

http://www.wunderground.com/...;day=9&year=2013
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hub powermeter, sorry I forgot that.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you give me the average speed and power in each direction, with 1/2 mile lopped off the ends of the straight section? I want long out-back sections where speed and power were fairly steady.

Also, crank or hub PM?

Much traffic... ie drafting?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hub PM. Maybe 3-4 cars passed me the whole time, so not much traffic.

I have the ride on Strava, but it's just a blank power upload (no GPS data). For some reason it's not letting me select portions of the ride. If I remember right from looking at it in PowerAgent, the outbound leg was 286 watts, and inbound was ~255. I'll get the exact numbers when I get home in a few hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman

1. 177Watts (NP 183W)
2. 22.1 MPH
3. 56 miles
4. 154lbs
5. Felt F3 with Clip on bars. Jet 6/9 combo
6. Head tube cracked on TT bike a week before race, so had to improvise and use my road bike. Goal watts was 200, but came up lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's going to be around .24, which is great for someone your size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for taking the time to do that. I think I've done pretty well at getting aero for my size. Not a level picture, but you get the idea:

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough break on the broken bike. Seems like pretty good speed/power anyway. I did Eagleman as well (Aquabike):

1.) AP 212W, NP 217W
2.) 24.5 MPH
3.) 56 mi
4.) 140 lbs
5.) Cdale Slice, Jet9/disc
6.) Blew up a bit after stupidly only using one water bottle the whole race. 1st 28mi did 220W/25mph and should have been able to maintain or up that second half, but instead did 200W/24mph.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
It's going to be around .24, which is great for someone your size.

Here's some snapshots from the actual data from poweragent with the ends chopped off of the segments to eliminate the turned portion and the start.

Out (heading directly south):

11.73 miles
28:31
286 watts
24.68 mph

In (heading directly north)

11.52 miles
24:12
252 watts
28.58 mph
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even better! CdA of .236. And I needed a 5 mph SW wind to make that come out right. ~9 deg yaw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Even better! CdA of .236. And I needed a 5 mph SW wind to make that come out right. ~9 deg yaw.

Sweet! Thanks again for taking the time to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman

1.) AP 233W, NP 238W
2.) 23.8 MPH
3.) 56 mi
4.) 206 lbs
5.) P3 Alu, Boyd 58 Wheels, Bontrager R4 tires, latex
6.) Stomach issues starting about 18 hours before race. Sour stomach started to return in the last quarter of the ride and power and speed started to drop. Was very happy with my pace for the first 40 miles or so - was hitting my time and speed targets on a little less power than anticipated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EAGLEMAN

1) Average watts

2) Average speed in MPH

3) Distance

56 miles

4) Rider weight

170lbs

5) Describe bike and wheels

Shiv Tri, FC808 front, disc rear, bottle between bars, giro selector, GP4000S tires

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero

Had to sit up for probably 60 seconds total
Last edited by: concededpenguin: Jun 12, 13 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eagleman

1) Average watts: 169W (171W NP)
2) Average speed in MPH: 20.70

3) Distance: 56mi
4) Rider weight: 165
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt DA4 2012, Hed stinger 6 front and rear, BTA bottle and one on the seat tube.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:

- Had to slow down/sit up/soft pedal a number of times to avoid drafting (so to avoid getting lynched here)
- Helmet too small, horrible migraine from 30mile one (no one will buy it off me on Classified)
- Back was in horrible pain (never healed since I injured it over a year ago, still don't know what to do exactly)
- Let's be honest, I'm just slow. But clearly I'm clean (physically and virtually) unlike some of us here (cough, cough).

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Last edited by: jxj: Jun 12, 13 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finnish championship Sprint Triathlon AG 40-44

1) 264W
2) 39km/h , 24.2 mph
3) 22.5 km , 14 miles
4) 78kg , 171 lbs
5) P2 FFWD 6R & 9R
Last edited by: Finn73: Jun 12, 13 20:17
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Same power, "worse" setup, and 35lbs heavier than the guy who posed after you. And it only cost you .1mph over the whole course. Solid. I'd love to see a pic of your position.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cotton Classic TT, Sunday June 9 2013.

1) Average watts: 233w
2) Average speed in MPH: 23.55
(Time 31:40)
3) Distance: 20k
4) Rider weight: 172
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2011 Specialized Transition Expert, Flashpoint FP 60 front, Kinlin PT with cover rear.
6)

- 11 watts less than a 30k TT I did in February, but :06 per mile faster (New frame/position). Temp difference 20ish degrees from then to now. (Race day temp started at ~90)
- Negative split by 3 minutes on a pancake flat course (Headwind going out)
- Disappointed in time, wanted to be under 30, and should have been.
- I don't do well in the heat. Need to experiment with some sort of arm coolers.

No photogs at the race.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Last edited by: Devlin: Jun 12, 13 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
Wow. Same power, "worse" setup, and 35lbs heavier than the guy who posed after you. And it only cost you .1mph over the whole course. Solid. I'd love to see a pic of your position.

I'll try and post some pics when I get home tonight. Some more info that may help explain my efficiency:

- I was a state qualifier in the breastroke in high school. As such, I have a lot of schoulder flexibility so I have my extenstions close enough that I can comfortably ride with my thumbs touching. I also ride a lot in the Dave Zabriskie praying mantis position with one hand on top of the other.

- I'm 6' with a 30" inseam. My bikes are long and low and because of this, I can get more of my body behind my hands so to speak.

- No formal fitting on the bike. I bought the bike from a forum member in March 2012 because a P3 is long and low - my road bike position has me with a back position that is flat while in the drops. Tinkered around a bit until I found something comfortable and fast.
Last edited by: BBB1975: Jun 12, 13 10:06
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greenwood (SC) Olympic (Training Peak File)

1) Average watts: 227W (233W NP)
2) Average speed in MPH: 22.41
3) Distance: 24.6mi
4) Rider weight: 176
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2011 Specialized Transition, 2012 Zipp 808 Firecrest
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero:

No whining, good effort for me. Need to work on my fit to get a little more aggressive before Augusta and Rev3 Anderson

And yes race# 69 gets quite the chuckle

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Seems like a great position on good equipment puts you at the pointy end of the CDA curve.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [concededpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman
Average watts:

160 after flat and completion of bike leg , 167 ave watts before flat ;0)

Average speed

22.1 mph with flat , 22.8 mph before flat
( results show 21.1 or .2 mph)

Distance:

Rider weight:

160-62

Rider height :

5'9" before I got crew cut

Bike and wheels.
Bluer triad sl, hed jet c2 PT disc with c2 jet 9 front, tri rig brake, Conti 4000s chili compound tire, Torhans 20 bottle between bars and specialized virtue bottle on down tube.

Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Eagleman
Average watts:

160 after flat and completion of bike leg , 167 ave watts before flat ;0)

Average speed

22.1 mph with flat , 22.8 mph before flat
( results show 21.1 or .2 mph)

Distance:

Rider weight:

160-62

Rider height :

5'9" before I got crew cut

Bike and wheels.
Bluer triad sl, hed jet c2 PT disc with c2 jet 9 front, tri rig brake, Conti 4000s chili compound tire, Torhans 20 bottle between bars and specialized virtue bottle on down tube.

Hmm... the numbers look suspciously close to mine except for the speed. Did you draft?
Quote Reply

Prev Next