Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [IN Elite racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bad URL

Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top 10 women 2008 SOR

1. Kelly Handel (USA) 4:23:18
2. Rebekah Witinok-Huber (USA) 4:27:31
3. Haley Cooper (USA) 4:32:20
4. Jackie Arendt (USA) 4:39:06 (went and did DOOR County HIM for 2009, did about the same time)
5. Lauren Jensen (AUS) 4:39:17 (went 4:32 for 2009)
6. Renee Damstra (USA) 4:41:27
7. Michelle Lanouette (USA) 4:41:32 (went 4:23 for 2009)
8. Maureen Conley (USA) 4:42:16
9. Jennifer Takata (USA) 4:42:50 (went 4:32 for 2009)
10. Michelle Hankinson (USA) 4:43:25

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since my wife and I train with 3 out of 4 of the women in bold print, I can tell you that the results are fishy.

We're chalking it up to the "Clearwater Effect."

Matt Amman
Last edited by: chiro18: Jul 20, 09 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [IN Elite racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im pretty sure she wouldn't have gone 4:22 if she was in the elite wave.
Pressure's on now...

"I've sold my soul to Ironman."
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is getting a little ridiculous now. That picture was taken right out of transition. I wouldn't be so quick to call people cheaters publicly because they came out of transition in a pack. With the large number of participants at this event there are bound to be large groups leaving transition at the same time. That doesn't mean they cheated.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know they were putting on a crit too

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol...I completely agree with you! That is a pic out of transition! How can they not be bunched up?

Here's my question for the ST people out there. I PR'd yesterday, but does it count with the swim the way it was? It was a USAT sanctioned event...but can I count that as my new PR? I didn't draft on the bike, but I did walk some on the swim...it was less then 3 feet deep...I was scoopping sand when I tried to swim! So new PR or no???

Quote | Reply
You set a new PR for the distance you raced on Sunday.

Congratulations.

You've likely not raced that distance before and likely never will again.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [c.dan.jog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a response that most politicians would love! It answers the question without answering the question. I love ST!!!

Quote | Reply
There sure was lots of drafting. kinda stinks. I left before the penalties where handed out, do you know if they are listed someplace. website results don't seem to show them.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We'll have to check back after steelhead, Kona, Clearwater and Chicago.

I hope to be proved wrong, and see comprable performances at those races.
But, all four of these races are draft fests as well. So, if this woman admits she cheats at a race like SPOR that really matters nothing, then the odds are quite high she will cheat again at Steelhead and Clearwater where the stakes are higher and are also draft fests. My understanding Kona can also have drafting further up the line. I am less familiar with Chicago. The bottom line, regardless of VO2 max and her future race results, she admits to cheating at SPOR.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Horsepower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It answers the question exactly IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I originally interpreted the article as "I decided not to race elite this year because I wanted to have some of the fun drafting." And now you say that there was now way that you couldn't draft? Yes there was, you could have and should have raced elite, or done as coredump did and sat up. I also saw you blatantly drafting in a pack. Maybe you passed a couple packs, but you definitely weren't passing anyone when I saw you. Next time you feel like drafting in a race, maybe you shouldn't forget that you have your last name in capital letters across your ass.

Isn't **** part of that same tri team? That figures.

As a co-captain of the team in question, we would like you all to know that in no way do we condone any form of cheating on our team, as we hold our athletes to much higher standards than most. We take care of issues in house, and will continue to do so. In the past, we have used disciplinary measures when there has been the least bit of questionable activity and will hold fast to that policy.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any place online you can see who got what penalties? They don't show on the results page from the race organizer.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It answers the question exactly IMO.

It does answer the question. I will probably never race that distance again. I don't even know if I'll race that race again, Door County sounds like a good race to try. I was thinking that I would do Door County next year anyways. Racine is a nice race by most standards, whatever the distance. So what will I say if someone asks me what my PR in HIM is...ummm...I'll just change the subject :-)

Quote | Reply
Quote:
Here's my question for the ST people out there. I PR'd yesterday, but does it count with the swim the way it was? It was a USAT sanctioned event...but can I count that as my new PR? I didn't draft on the bike, but I did walk some on the swim...it was less then 3 feet deep...I was scoopping sand when I tried to swim! So new PR or no???

I figure if you add 10 minutes and it was still a PR you PR-ed at HIM.

I am in the same situation. My swim was faster than last year because of had to redo the yellow buoy in 2008. My bike was slower, which was mostly me, but a little bit of trying to get spit out quickly after being swallowed whole by the packs. My run was much improved and that really is the reason I count it as a PR.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a question: is there anyway to know how many athletes won their Age Group at their first Ironman? Whatever the answer is, I bet this is a very very small club. RESPECT!

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year it was appearant who got penalties because the Swim+Bike+Run+T1/2 times did not match the final time.

This year they appeared to have merged the penalties into the run - making them anonymous...

So if you run doesn't seem right - you may have got a penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who in this thread won their AG at their first ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [mhk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe last year they tacted them onto the run time so your run time and run pace didn't jive = penalty. The final results that were posted on the board midafternoon had penalties in a seperate column.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or what he said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I suspected. Now, my question is what was my potential penalty for? How can I know what I may have done wrong so I can remember not to do it again?

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:

I figure if you add 10 minutes and it was still a PR you PR-ed at HIM.

I am in the same situation. My swim was faster than last year because of had to redo the yellow buoy in 2008. My bike was slower, which was mostly me, but a little bit of trying to get spit out quickly after being swallowed whole by the packs. My run was much improved and that really is the reason I count it as a PR.
It was only a four minute improvement. My swim and run was faster, but my bike was slower...all in all a four minute improvement. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. I plan to try new races next year. High Cliff, Door County, maybe travel for one like Steel Head??? Variety is the spice of life and I need some flavor added to my race schedule. And since I've vowed to take next year off from IM, I'll be able to do more HIM training and make this year's time a non-issue...hopefully! Has anyone heard a RR about Dorr County? I haven't seen anything.

Quote | Reply
best advice would be to email hfp and ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I believe last year they tacted them onto the run time so your run time and run pace didn't jive = penalty. The final results that were posted on the board midafternoon had penalties in a seperate column.
They did have the penalties posted yesterday. They were taped to the side of the tent where we ate. There was about 3 and half pages of penalties. If you look at last years results, the times that were in BOLD numbers were the ones that had been penalized. I know this because I got a four minute penalty for going outside the cones when I passed a biker. It was a "Traffic Violation"...but at least I didn't draft or block!

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just a question: is there anyway to know how many athletes won their Age Group at their first Ironman? Whatever the answer is, I bet this is a very very small club. RESPECT!
Can someone find that USAT rule that says that if you win your age group at your first Ironman you can then cheat at subsequent races and not get penalized?
Quote Reply

Prev Next