Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your “party” analogy just shows that not only are you a tool, but a dumb one at that.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [positivity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to figure out if this is her coach, her husband, or maybe another relative. Clearly, it's someone along those lines. My guess is chasingthedream is hubby, since adrienne's blog is "living the dream". Maybe Adam should work on his running a bit more, then he wouldn't have as long a chase.

Anyways, I would seriously doubt that Racine was an "A" race for any of the top women. I would assume most of them were training through the race in some fashion as well.

Her team would likely have stood up for her if there were not plenty of evidence and common sense going against her.

And finally, why do you and that other idiot think this is a "blog"? That just baffles me, almost more than anything else on this amazingly long thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never not once ever myself, nor did I see any of her "Team Members" say anything direct and pointed or accusing to anyone in this thread. Gary Geiger said that the team was "looking into" or some such thing.

Let me tell a quick story about Blake Becker (who was also at the race that day.)

Some years ago I was on a race course and there was a guy right on Blakes wheel. I gave the offender a drafting and pulled up next to Blake and asked how long (name here) had been on his wheel. Blake said "there was someone on my wheel?"

After the race I asked Blake again - Blake said "I am not a marshal, I dont give or worry about who is getting what penalty"

Years later...Blake will sorta admit that (name here) was drafting BAD....but, being a Pro (and maybe cause Blake beat him so solidly on the run) Blake does not defame any other person on the course. The time violation spoke for itself.

Now, that is an example of how two folks who are FOP should be have....but - we are here Monday morning quarterbacks and are more than welcome to argue, have contempt, and point out what we think are errors in the past weekends game. Now, imagine if Adrienne was a football player and made an error....then what would be on the internet???

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that people are comparing her results to past races is ridiculous. Steelhead last year was her first half ironman ever. Last year she raced the Naperville sprint triathlon, Steelhead and Ironman WI and that was it. She qualified for Hawaii in her first ironman and her sixth triathlon ever if you count a few sprint triathlons in 2007. This year she won her age group in New Orleans and Rev 3, which were completely different races than Racine it sounds like from other races. New Orleans sounded really windy and Rev 3 had really tough hills. Racine was an easy bike course with ideal conditions. Look at all the other girls bike times. There were so many girls that were a minute or two off of her bike time. Should Adrienne really be racing elite if she didn't taper for the race and was using this as a training race? Is it really fair for an athlete to race elite in their second full year in the sport? To also compare Racine's bike times to her shorter races isn't even fair. She is a long distance racer who does shorter distance races for a challenge and training for Kona.

Since you're asking...and since you've presented some compelling reasons why she should be racing in the Elite wave...

Yes. Ms. Yeager, a member at the time, of Team Mideast *ELITE* probably should have raced in the Elite wave.

I'm sure she will go on to have great success as a "long distance racer".
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [trihunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your “party” analogy just shows that not only are you a tool, but a dumb one at that.

Yeah but I am an "amazing" person who has touched the lives of others so you should be ashamed of yourself for creating negativity in the world...oh yeah and FUCK YOU and the cheater girl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look I hate to break it to you but I think what some people find offensive or what I personally do is when someone has the balls to whether they cheated or not to simply go ahead an definitively say that they rode better than someone on a particular day and then BOAST about it. The title of her blog post "don't hate the player, hate the game" is a perfect indication. Regardless of whether she cheated or not her time was certainly fast enough to raise some eyebrows and in this case I think someone should expect that there may be some hurt feelings and not add fuel to the fire.

The people who have come to bat for her on this FORUM are just adding to the fire by insulting us further. If I was running Adrienne's PR campaign around this event then I would simply not try to defend her actions and just let it blow over, but as people keep positing it just brings the thread to the forefront and gets more and more attention which is mostly BAD.

If Adrienne really wanted to clear her name she would post her power file if she has one and when we see the 240-265 watt average we would all back off. I'm not sure if she trains with power but I would love to see the power file personally.

As I have said before Adrienne is a fantastic athlete and I do believe she is working harder than most athletes out there. I also don't doubt her abilities and I would love to see her competing at the top at some point in time with the rest of the pros. She runs a fantastic business and overall adds back a lot to the community, but that doesn't mean she isn't capable of making a mistake. The supporters seem to think that the "do no evil" apply here. People do make mistakes, even GREAT or WELL-KNOWN people... I'm not going to take a position either way but there were a lot of people upset with Obama's latest "stupid" comment regarding the PO. Regardless of your view, I'm sure Obama wishes he would have taken the time (like he does with his speeches) to think this one through. What are we supposed to think when people jump on this FORUM and don't respect us and throw around further insult and nothing but comments riddled with errors.

I would like to point out that the girl who won W25-29 was ticketed for drafting, the girl who won W20-24 was drafting behind that girl all day according to the W25-29 winner. That W20-24 girl however was not issued a drafting penalty. I tend to believe the W25-29 winner, especially when she was hanging on the girl on the run like white on rice. In addition, I would like to point out that the W25-29 rode roughly the same time as Adrienne at Spirit of Racine, and had a :30 second faster split than Adrienne at Hy-Vee where they both raced elite.... If the W25-29 winner was caught drafting it doesn't look favorable in my eyes that Adrienne wasn't either. I think as a whole the later packs all had an advantage and SOR and all large races need to do something to make it fair. In addition realize that although Adrienne did qualify for Kona it was a roll-down slot, she only got it because someone passed one up - I'm not taking this away from her but it seems like everyone else is using this for credibility. Personally that AG should have only been given two slots in the first place, how they are give 3 with 90-some participants and then male 25-29 with 150 participants is also issued 3 is beyond me - fyi I didn't fact check this one just estimating.

Personally, I don't think Adrienne needs the team, regardless of whether they stand behind her or not - she is very talented and people and sponsors will recognize this. Regardless of the blood on the streets this is probably no different than a true celebrity drama, where they say "there is no such thing as BAD PR".
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sppnet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M25-29 @ IMWI '08 had 4 slots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I raced with power, but I only train with it (on my hub). Sorry I can't provide the data, I wish I could.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She would not need 240 to 260 watts, I road a 2:25 on 178 watts.

Do you want my power file?

I can put it up tomorrow evening when I get home.

It's funny that many people think that everyone has to put out 250 watts to go that fast. I'm pretty sure that I remember Adrienne out on the course and she is smaller than I am.

Adrienne, I was the small guy on the blue P2 that leap-frogged with you a few times early in the course.

jaretj
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 25, 09 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude you listed yourself as 5'4" - Adrienne would crush you like a twig. You are pretty much going down in flames here and obviously you became hypoxic in the swim because your memory seems to be failing you - just take a look at the pictures of the two. I'm sorry but you are not even close to being the same size. I'm not that tall either, but given you listed yourself as 5'4" then you are probably 5'3" at best maybe even 5'2", yes we males exaggerate our height.... And then there is the fact you pretty much also admit to a draft on the way out and leaped frog with her? Can I point out that there just wasn't enough room to leap frog legally - you would probably have to fall back 20 riders. Also the entire way out was nothing but side-head wind and head wind, this would have been the most effective time to draft for wattage savings - it is not atypical to see wattage at 175 for 24.0 in a draft btw. I would also admit she has a more upright and less aggressive position probably due to long legs and shorter torso and then she still kicked your butt. There is significance wattage between 23.0 and 23.8 too - you aren't even close to comparing apples to apples. It seems this weekend at Steelhead is spaced out a bit more, and this time the girls have the 45-49 men behind them. Regardless, I'm more about the entire 0-34 group not just Adrienne, it is just unfortunate that she was in the spotlight. As for your race, congrats - I don't want to take anything from you.

To indicate my point about size here is adrienne:

http://www.asiorders.com/...ID=51639&BIB=150

and here is you:

http://www.asiorders.com/...ID=51639&BIB=977

Any questions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JaretJ - Oh one last thing. If you really think Adrienne and you are the same size than maybe you have no idea what the legal draft limit looks like???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing that can be definitively said about those pictures is that once again, the ASI photogs did their usual stellar job. You know, we all really, really want to see pics of ourselves at corners on the bike, sitting up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice insult, I gues that's easy when you're anonymous.

The fact remains that that speed can be done under 200 watts no matter what you think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, put your name out there so we can check you out.

At 315 watts and 10lbs heavier than I am you must be the guy that rode 2:09.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats if you can go 23.8 on less than 200... I can't but I'm getting fitted this week so maybe I can make some HUGE gains and hope to ride 27+ MPH this weekend.. Seeing as I go off last almost 2 hours after the first wave, maybe I can beat Andy Potts. It doesn't take much effort to find out who I am btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
JaretJ - Oh one last thing. If you really think Adrienne and you are the same size than maybe you have no idea what the legal draft limit looks like???
Newsflash! Drafting or not. Cheating or not. She won and there is not a shit we can do about it ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fer Chirsts sakes....you and jer damn facts. SHIT!

Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all so much for a half hour of very entertaining bitching.

If I may put in my 2 cents ... I would say that most people do TRY and ride within the rules, but with wave starts sometimes you are put in a position where it is NOT possible, even for a short time. At RI 70.3, try being a moderately fast rider (2:33) starting in the third last wave. I spent the entire ride passing people. I would bet that I passed a rider every thirty seconds on average. Like it or not, that is a lot of time in people's slipstreams.

I think that you folks are all going a little hard on the "offending party" here, but that is just my opinion. One thing ... I do NOT think she should be eligible for the overall win if she did not race in the elite wave. Clearly there is some benefit from starting in the crowds. Even if she did everything in her power to pass quickly and avoid drafting, she still had plenty of time in people's wakes. She did not race the same race as the elites, therefore should only be eligible for the top AGer title.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Christ, now you want things to be EQUAL? What? That is dumb man...an equal sport....

Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Christ, now you want things to be EQUAL? What? That is dumb man...an equal sport....

Sue me, I am Canadian ... we like egalitarianism ;)

<<< insert snarky remark about health care here >>>

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is always possible to ride legal. You just have to try. All that crap about all the other people and not finding room is garbage. I gave three seperate clinics out on that bike course that day. They are just fooling themselves and taking away someone else's victory.
Everyone can ride fairly out there, they just need a conscience. Karma, baby, karma! It will find you!

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [MTF5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you just cast a spell or something? Are my eggs going to have veins in them in the morning?

Shit...I think my hair is falling out.

Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [ironswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2009 Steelhead 70.3 Result:

Adrienne Saeger 4:48:41

Better luck next time!

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe she had a flat tire...

Lets hear her story first

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she still won her age group and was 2nd overall AG'er though...I'd call that a good race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next