Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [medium pace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry - not insinuating that you were the P3 guy - seemed like most of this thread was about racine bike course gripes.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sinkorswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring your gripe to your own thread ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy cow!!! Look at all of the penalties

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [ironswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sound like me a few years ago on ST... quick-tongued and stupid. After a few more embarrasing gaffs I gave up on cute stuff and hope you do too.

Adrienne S. won SOR for 2009. This plus a few other things that happened that day certainly livened the stories we told our friends and family that night at dinner.

As for the future:

We here on ST will now hold Adrienne S to a higher standard. We expect great things this year BECAUSE IF SHE DOESN'T we will never forget what happened on the 19th of July.

PS If you could take a minute please fill out username info so that we know who you are.

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What - call folks out and let them know who we are? On the Internet? Is that what Al Gore intended?

My name is Chip Griffen and I suppose this message is okay.

And, I will also say that not only were the top womens results RIPE with drafters (cheaters) but the over all AG and even BOP AG were rotton with cheaters, drafters, and folks who just plain never read the rule book.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this race needs to chop up the waves so there are less people leaving T1. I think it's crazy when you have 0-29men go all at the same time that's a crap load of dudes hitting there bikes all at once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be clear, the woman who ended up in 3rd place (red top/QR TiPhoon) rode clean all day. I passed her early, she passed me back a couple miles later and put some time on me - I could see her up the road all day and finally closed the gap around mile 45. Unless she started cheating beyond that point, I'd swear in court that she rode honestly (and quite well, at that). Don't know her, but she's in one of the pix below...

http://journaltimesonline.com/shared-content/story_tools/slideshow/?id=238

Mike

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never said the woman in third, or any other specific woman for that matter. But, I was there - not on a bike and shoulder to shoulder with a USAT official most of the time I was there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realize you didn't make any specific accusations, but you did say that the 'top womens results were rife with cheaters' - just wanted to point out that I'm absolutely certain of at least one who has some integrity. In general, you're absolutely right - lots of suspect results. Seemed to me that the moto's were way too focused on the front end of the field where it was spread out nicely, and not on the MOP where it was groupetto after groupetto, separated by a few honest riders (this, from a very reliable eye witness out on the course).

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [highflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one made that rule and I am making it: "You qualify for Kona at your first Ironman: RESPECT!"

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hate to say it but if she gets no respect here. Just because you get to qualify for Kona gives you no respect if you cheat in other races. If she drafted in SOR who is to say she isn't drafting in others and if she is breaking the draft rule what stops her at breaking others. *cough* drug test? *cough*. All i'm going to say is that she gets to go to kona! GREAT! But that gives her NO respect or RIGHT to CHEAT in other races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No one made that rule and I am making it: "You qualify for Kona at your first Ironman: RESPECT!"

That attitude is part of the reason why drafting has became common at many IM qualifiers and has spread to many other long distance tris. How dare you question me if I have qualified for Kona!

I have no doubt that anyone who has qualified for Kona has worked hard and smart and has talent, but that's not the end of the story for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Seriously, that's your rule?????????

just so you know if you are trying to help/defend............ it's not helping. Really it's not........
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't know who won their age group at their first IM...
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey buddy don't confuse me with the facts: RESPECT!!!

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to change directions a little:

one of the things I find kinda sad about this whole situation/thread:

it has all overshadowed what I am assuming is a big day and accomplishment for Blake Becker. I've only seen him mentioned once, in passing, by you.

Maybe somebody (hint hint) who knows him and raced against him Sunday (hint hint) should start a seperate thread (hint hint) to give him some props. So we can move on to something good that happened on Sunday.

Just a thought
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I still don't know who won their age group at their first IM...
There was one dude at IMAZ back in 07 or 08.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that maybe, but Andre was talking like somebody in this thread had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I won't start another thread on behalf of Blake's fine performance but I will say kudos on this thread.

The guy was awesome this weekend (and frankly this year)! I was hoping to push him along at an upcoming race (Pleasant Prairie) but after what I saw this weekend, he's untouchable for us FOP age groupers. It was bit painful to watch him race in years past when he was suffering through those 35 hr training weeks, but since he cut down the volume this year he is a frickin' rocketship. Again, just an amazing race for him.

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that Blake Becker was smoking it out there. Someone yelled looking good and I thought they were talking to me so I yelled thanks, then I looked behind and there is Blake. I said woops, I guess they were talking to you and he had some nice words for me. Congrats on the win.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sgoehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, when he passed me on the run, I was impressed.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is true but I also heard he had some mechanical problem out on the bike and he still crushed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been to journalism school but hey I at least attempt to check the facts before posting. Sure I may "suggest" something here and there, but usually I indicate in some way that it is JUST a "suggestion". The facts however speak for themselves. Adrienne is a tremendous athlete and only getting better. I can see her getting strong enough to be a threat some day in Kona however that doesn't get around some of the errors posted by various people including her own coach who pens under the name "IronSwimmer". For others, fact is Adrienne did qualify for Kona at her first IM (IMMOO 08) but she did get it thru a roll-down spot, the only roll-down spot of the day and she definitely did not win her age-group her first time out. Blake performed like a rockstar yesterday and I would love to see him walk away with an Ironman Wisconsin victory in September.
Quote Reply
Re: Spirit of Racine -- another way short swim [sppnet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is ST and we have made our judgement.....

Quote Reply

Prev Next