Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
Hi Nick,

See below record of my shortoff+1 yesterday. I'm on week 3 of an Olympic Tri training plan.

I have two questions:
  1. If you look at the power data it seems to jump around a lot (interval accuracy varied from 80% all the way down to 45%!!!). I would consider myself an experienced cyclists capable of maintaining cadence/power output to within +/- 5% of the target, so what would be causing these jumps? I'm using a Tacx Satori over Bluetooth to a Apple MBP. The laptop is about 3 feet from the trainer.
  2. The HR data (see also second screenshot below) shows that I was well below my VO2 max zone, and never really hit anything close to my max. I felt my legs starting to tire on the 3rd rep of the first set but once I realized my HR was so low I bumped up the intensity setting to 110%. What could be causing this large gap in target power and target HR zone? MY Max HR would be 170-172bpm.

Thanks Nick!

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

When you get some time, let's have you send us this information to support@trainerroad.com. We'll be able to have a more fluid conversation over there with a better likelihood of getting you back on the bike without issue ASAP.

Just to speculate, there may be a pairing issue that could keep you from being able to stay on target. And as for the HR, the first thing I wonder is when you took your last FTP assessment. If not for a little while, it sounds like it's time!

Any-who, just shoot us this info to our support team and we'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [nick(TR)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nick(TR) wrote:
awenborn wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering if you guys have an update on when support for native Bluetooth chips might be implemented for the Windows Desktop app? I seem to recall it being mentioned (possibly on one of the podcasts) that it was imminent?

I managed to break my ANT+ dongle recently and was wondering whether to buy a new one, or hold out for this and just carrying on using it on my phone for now.

Many thanks!

We're still planning on making this happen, but we're not quite there yet. I would assume we're not too far out though if there was chatter on a recent episode, but I don't have a definitive ETA. Using your phone should get the job done in the meantime. :)

Happy Training!

Hi Nick,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks, Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:

Hi Nick,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam,

Sorry for any inconvenience but this has actually been reprioritized momentarily as we're "all hands on deck" right now to get a couple features out. We had some development resources working on it but it wasn't as easy of change as originally planned...we'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop when we dive back into working on it.

Thanks for everyone's understanding!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was banking on racing AG nats on Aug. 12th. I've been trying to maintain my fitness while working 12+ hours a day 7 days a week. This far, I've been able to maintain. FTP is sitting at 313 after a test last wednesday.

I tried Washington and got blown up. Nevertheless, I'm not too worried about the power. How can I prep for a 40k bike split with about 5 weeks? I've been doing the half tri build in TR all summer long, but I haven't been consistent at all. I've added long 70+ mile rides on the few past weekends. All Z2 and it feels great. I'm running 50mpw, so I can't sink everything into the bike. Suggestions?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys.

The old 40k TT plan had a Thursday V02 workout, it has been replaced with a long sustained FTP interval. Is there anyway to perform the old plan?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [clogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clogs wrote:
I was banking on racing AG nats on Aug. 12th. I've been trying to maintain my fitness while working 12+ hours a day 7 days a week. This far, I've been able to maintain. FTP is sitting at 313 after a test last wednesday.

I tried Washington and got blown up. Nevertheless, I'm not too worried about the power. How can I prep for a 40k bike split with about 5 weeks? I've been doing the half tri build in TR all summer long, but I haven't been consistent at all. I've added long 70+ mile rides on the few past weekends. All Z2 and it feels great. I'm running 50mpw, so I can't sink everything into the bike. Suggestions?

With roughly 5 weeks left, I'd be hesitant to recommend loading on the stress too much...I think it'd be wise to reflect on your recent riding to consider how you can best utilize your remaining time. Do you feel like you have momentum built up in the season as far as your fitness goes? Sounds like you do. :)

Willing you've built up your engine a bit this year, your 70 milers along side a couple indoor sessions would be a good way to ease into Nats. Especially considering you're still putting in some focus in your other disciplines.

For the indoor sessions, focusing on some threshold efforts would be wise. Have a look in our 40k TT Specialty training plans to cherry pick some workouts that fit that category. You'll even find some practice time trial efforts in there that'd be good to familiarize yourself with.

Hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
Hey guys.

The old 40k TT plan had a Thursday V02 workout, it has been replaced with a long sustained FTP interval. Is there anyway to perform the old plan?

We don't have the ability to access the previous plan versions. We want to move forward with the changes our head coach find to be the most effective in helping athletes get faster. :)

To provide some background, certain V02max efforts have been swapped out with some longer, sustained efforts at higher percentages of FTP. This has a lot to do with the weekly time trial workouts that are now scheduled within the plan. Those V02max efforts had to be changed to consider the stress from the other workouts that are now included in the plan. It also takes into account the workouts that follow. We need to make sure workouts are targeting the proper energy systems while also considering the impact that may have on workouts that follow.

Nonetheless, you can still modify your training plan to include some V02max efforts. You can filter through the app and website to find efforts with similar TSS/IF. You'll just want to be mindful of how those impact your other workouts in the week.

Have an awesome rest of your season!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate / Nick,

Any update on when you will release an updated version of the workout creator? Especially with the ability to automatically switch between erg / slope mode in a workout for smart trainers - the Kickr?

Matthew
Twitter: @AlphaDogCycling
Instagram: @AlphaDogCycling
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [alphadogcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alphadogcycling wrote:
Nate / Nick,

Any update on when you will release an updated version of the workout creator? Especially with the ability to automatically switch between erg / slope mode in a workout for smart trainers - the Kickr?

It's down the list of priorities :(. You'll see a bunch of other features before then. Sorry.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I for one am grateful that I can create my own workouts. Even if it's on a slower evolutionary track, I really appreciate that it exists at all. I create lots of my own custom workouts, and even my own videos to go along with them. In fact, I think I ride about 99% custom video/workouts.

So at least from my perspective, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Sleestack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sleestack wrote:
I for one am grateful that I can create my own workouts. Even if it's on a slower evolutionary track, I really appreciate that it exists at all. I create lots of my own custom workouts, and even my own videos to go along with them. In fact, I think I ride about 99% custom video/workouts.

So at least from my perspective, thank you!

Stoked you find the custom workout creator to be such a valuable tool. We'd have to agree. ;)

Thanks for your continued support training with us!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

What's coming down the pike for features :)

Matthew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alphadogcycling wrote:
Nate,

What's coming down the pike for features :)

Cool stuff! :-D

I've learned my lessons teasing features; because sometimes they get re-prioritized and people get disappointed.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can we at least get a timeline for the next cool feature? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lemos wrote:
can we at least get a timeline for the next cool feature? :)

Timeline's are hard to predict, but the next launch will be a major refresh of our mobile app. We're in final testing right now.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

Understandable. Is there a place where you are tracking requests that we can see / comment on? I know you used to use uservoice, but it looks like you stopped using that service.

Also, have you thought of having "release notes" for the betas so people can see what is added / changed / fixed?

Keep up the great work

Matthew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have release notes now in the beta so that should help. You have to view them in Test Flight on iOS though so they can be a bit hard to find.

We've got a roadmap of features coming out and we're pretty set on it at the moment. It's a mix of feedback, analysing tickets emailed to support, and things we think will make you faster. There's some little things and some big things. The big things are harder to nail down as they take more time.

I just gave you a very vague answer :).

We closed uservoice because we felt like we weren't responding to all the suggestions and the top requests were either all on our roadmap already or something we weren't going to do because it didn't fall in line with our "does it make you faster" smell test. Uservoice was becoming more of a black hole of requests than a useful tool.

As of now we don't have a place that we track requests; but you can always message me here, PM me or email me at nate@trainerroad.com.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick response, and sorry about the broken bike ruining Singletrack 6 for you.

Matthew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Thanks! Really disappointing.
Just wanted to drop in to say that the daily podcast from Singletrack 6 is amazing. Really great listen!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 years old, 37 pages long, almost 4,000 replies, and there is still an erroneous space in the thread title.

This is terrible for my OCD/attention to detail.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
6 years old, 37 pages long, almost 4,000 replies, and there is still an erroneous space in the thread title.

This is terrible for my OCD/attention to detail.

I never paid attention to that... until now. Now it's going to bug me. Damn you!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry that I've caused you so much pain. In my defense i never expected this thread to grow to such a size, having said that I'm very happy for TrainerRoad that it did. In the full spirit of Slowtwitch i will correct it for you :)

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
russ wrote:
I'm sorry that I've caused you so much pain. In my defense i never expected this thread to grow to such a size, having said that I'm very happy for TrainerRoad that it did. In the full spirit of Slowtwitch i will correct it for you :)

Hallelujah!

I was just scanning the threads on the front page and instantly noticed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EDIT - Thank you to everyone who responded. No longer in need of a trial. Best to everyone who helped.

Forgive me if this is being posted in the wrong thread, but does anyone have a 1 month trial they are willing to PM me? I just setup my indoor trainer and would love to give trainerroad a try before defaulting to zwift. Thank you.
Last edited by: JDAD: Aug 22, 17 19:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next