Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do, thanks for the reply!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is trainneroad or an equivalent program available for chromebook?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been able to run it via Wine in Linux. Look up Wine for Chromebooks. I'm sure someone has it running there and if you can get that going you can run TR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce,

Long time listener to the podcast, and it's the reason I'm going with TR over other training platforms.

I remember Coach Chad talking about extending workouts or modifying warmups, is there a way to do this in on the career page? How would I go about changing the warmup structure or extending the cool down? Cheers.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad has a Workout Creator app which you can use to customize a TrainerRoad workout, or create your own. So using this is how you would add a longer warm-up / cool-down to a workout.

Matthew
Twitter: @AlphaDogCycling
Instagram: @AlphaDogCycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
funny you bring that up- i was thinking the other day, no matter if the power is 136 watts or whatever at the very beginning, my legs often dont want to do 136 watts straight away. Can take a while to get moving sometimes. Likewise going from zone 2 straight to zone 5 for the first time.
Love TR though, just started an oly program.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [alphadogcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Does it keep the workout text if you customize it?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I don’t think I get fully warmed up in 10-15mins. I know I definitely can’t in running.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. I find the warmups a bit lacking and jumping to an 70-90% ftp set during the first 5-10 minutes of the warmup is a bit too early for me too. Before I'd do a 15 minute warmup but gradually bring up the power during the first 10 minutes.

I also would like to see a non-Tri sweet spot base plan and build plan that is a 4 ride a week volume. It just jumps from 3 rides in the low volume to 5 rides in the mid volume. An "intermediate" level would be appreciated. I don't think I can swing a 5 ride plan currently timewise but could make a 4 day work. 4-5 hours a week target would be perfect. At least until I can ride outside again and then I'd do the low volume and 1-2 outside rides on top of it depending on schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
is trainneroad or an equivalent program available for chromebook?

Unfortunately not :( A Chomebook app is complicated because even if we could get the app running, the Bluetooth and ANT+ drivers would be tricky due to the way the Operating System is designed. Your best option will be to use your mobile device if you have one :)

Cheers,

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
Bryce,

Long time listener to the podcast, and it's the reason I'm going with TR over other training platforms.

I remember Coach Chad talking about extending workouts or modifying warmups, is there a way to do this in on the career page? How would I go about changing the warmup structure or extending the cool down? Cheers.

Hey there!

Like others have said the best way to increase the warmup is through our workout creator. Unfortunately there is no way to prescribe the customized workout in your plan, however you can always assign it to the plan after you've completed the modified workout.

When you customize, it will retain all workout text so you have nothing to worry about there.

To download the workout creator, make sure you first download the latest version of Adobe Air. Then, download the WC from this link:
http://trainerroadcdn1.blob.core.windows.net/...outcreator.1.4.0.air

If you have any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@trainerroad.com :)

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Same here. I find the warmups a bit lacking and jumping to an 70-90% ftp set during the first 5-10 minutes of the warmup is a bit too early for me too. Before I'd do a 15 minute warmup but gradually bring up the power during the first 10 minutes.

I also would like to see a non-Tri sweet spot base plan and build plan that is a 4 ride a week volume. It just jumps from 3 rides in the low volume to 5 rides in the mid volume. An "intermediate" level would be appreciated. I don't think I can swing a 5 ride plan currently timewise but could make a 4 day work. 4-5 hours a week target would be perfect. At least until I can ride outside again and then I'd do the low volume and 1-2 outside rides on top of it depending on schedule.

An easy way to make your Sweet Spot Base plan a 4-day plan is to simply follow the Mid-Volume plan while skipping the Wednesday, minimally structured ride. This will maintain your interval days on only 4 days of training per week.

Happy Training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My gripe about that is the long rides at 2 hours on the base II and build mid volume plans. Prefer 1.5hr max both time wise and also as I'm not sure my sit bones can handle that much more than that.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
My gripe about that is the long rides at 2 hours on the base II and build mid volume plans. Prefer 1.5hr max both time wise and also as I'm not sure my sit bones can handle that much more than that.

For that situation, it probably best to do the Tuesday/Thursday rides from the Mid-Volume and the weekend rides from the Low-Volume :)

Unfortuately our plans cannot satisfy everyone's specific schedules, but we are considering possibilities for a more adjustable/ modular plan setup in the future.

Best of luck with your training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half distance, Mid-volume Base I, 8 weeks, vs. Full distance, Low-volume, Base I, 12 weeks? I'm not sure where to start.
Vineman 70.3 next July 28th (third time at that race), and first IM at Cozumel on November 18th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing the 8 week oly specialty high volume program. Can I just say matthes +1 really hurt me. I mean I could hardly peddle by the end. 3(3x3mins) crushed me. General q though - I got out 3/4 of the workout before falling in a heap and resorting to base bars. Would I be better off lowering the power for the last set and try and do them in Aero, or just hit my numbers anyway i can when I'm out of juice, even if it means upright?
It's early days, im hoping this will also help sprint tri power, I assume it would
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
Half distance, Mid-volume Base I, 8 weeks, vs. Full distance, Low-volume, Base I, 12 weeks? I'm not sure where to start.
Vineman 70.3 next July 28th (third time at that race), and first IM at Cozumel on November 18th.

Hey there!

With the gap that you have between events, I would recommend completing the full Half-Distance Training Plan first. That means Half Distance Base, Build and Specialty.

Then, you will have enough time to do a full "rebuild" where you will switch to the full distance plans. What this means is that you will then complete Full Distance Build and Specialty. This will take 16 weeks and you have exactly 16 weeks between plans so it will work out perfectly. This will allow for you to perform at your physical peak for both races :)

Good luck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Doing the 8 week oly specialty high volume program. Can I just say matthes +1 really hurt me. I mean I could hardly peddle by the end. 3(3x3mins) crushed me. General q though - I got out 3/4 of the workout before falling in a heap and resorting to base bars. Would I be better off lowering the power for the last set and try and do them in Aero, or just hit my numbers anyway i can when I'm out of juice, even if it means upright?
It's early days, im hoping this will also help sprint tri power, I assume it would

Hey there!

If you can reach your power targets by sitting up, then by all means you can leave the aero position :) You want to integrate the aero position into your workout, however you don't want it to come at the expense of workout quality.

Happy training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
mpderksen wrote:

Hey there!

With the gap that you have between events, I would recommend completing the full Half-Distance Training Plan first. That means Half Distance Base, Build and Specialty.

Then, you will have enough time to do a full "rebuild" where you will switch to the full distance plans. What this means is that you will then complete Full Distance Build and Specialty. This will take 16 weeks and you have exactly 16 weeks between plans so it will work out perfectly. This will allow for you to perform at your physical peak for both races :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. I got the app on my Mac in the pain cave, and everything syncs just fine. Each of the blocks you list are 8 weeks. I have 29 weeks until Vineman 70.3. Should I extend the Base period?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
mpderksen wrote:

Hey there!

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. I got the app on my Mac in the pain cave, and everything syncs just fine. Each of the blocks you list are 8 weeks. I have 29 weeks until Vineman 70.3. Should I extend the Base period?

You have a couple good options. If you would like to focus on your bike leg specifically, I would recommend doing 5 weeks of Traditional Base training before jumping into the Triathlon Training Plan.

If you want to work on all of your disciplines evenly, then extendting the Triathlon Base plan is your best option.

Cheers,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a way to get TrainerRoad activities to populate inside of Apple Health, either directly or indirectly (through another app)? TR workouts go into Strava, but they won't go from Strava to Apple Health.

It's not a 'huge' deal, but it would be a nice-to-have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

I am finishing my 2 month Half Distance Mid Volume Base this week. I will have 8 months (actually 7 months 3 weeks) until my target half distance Tri.

My current plan is to do Build, then go back and start the process with Base, Build then Specialize with cutting out week 6 to take me to my A race.

Is this the right approach?

I also have another B race (half distance) 3 weeks after my A race. For this i was going to re-do the specialize taper weeks in between races.

Thanks!

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [joshtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshtri wrote:
Hi Bryce,

I am finishing my 2 month Half Distance Mid Volume Base this week. I will have 8 months (actually 7 months 3 weeks) until my target half distance Tri.

My current plan is to do Build, then go back and start the process with Base, Build then Specialize with cutting out week 6 to take me to my A race.

Is this the right approach?

I also have another B race (half distance) 3 weeks after my A race. For this i was going to re-do the specialize taper weeks in between races.

Thanks!

Josh

Hey Josh!

Your current approach is textbook and is exactly what you should do :) With the long season that you are embarking on, be sure to listen to your body and give yourself little breaks when needed. Take care of your body and it will be more willing to take care of you come race day :)

Good luck with your season!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey TR,

This stuff works! Just finished the 70.3 8-week base block and hit 305w in my latest FTP test (up from 279w). I know part of the gain is from getting better at the test (I feel I had more in me this time as well) however I'm amazed how well I've responded to following a structured plan for the first time.

I know as part of the plan TR prescribes up to 2.5 hour endurance rides, do you think there would be any benefit of doing longer ones (say up to 3.5/4 hours, as prescribed in normal outdoor plans). I'm reading a lot that 2 hours isn't really long enough to get the body used to being in a 70.3 race scenario.

Thanks
Last edited by: WoodyES: Jan 10, 18 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since a couple of weeks I have found difficulties connecting my IPhone 5SE. It sometimes doesn't recognize the Wahoo ANT+ key or the Apple 30-Pin to Lightning adapter anymore. I thought it has to do with an IOS update but I am not sure.

Is this a more common issue?
Quote Reply

Prev Next