Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you adjusted the screw in the lever - shine a torch down from the front and there is a 2.5mm hex head bolt in there - if you turn it it moves the pads further in / away from the rim - the brakes will take a 28mm rim - i think your enve is about 26 - I run a 404 in the front which is similar width and it works fine.

You can download the brake set instructions from

https://www.magura.com/...6_rt8_2013_en_08.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this CL offer a fake? The rear end looks wrong and I can’t find any P5s that look like this.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/...o-p5/6912977995.html
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Triathletesq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it's fake - seat stays are wrong, and the chain stays don't kick up like that one a real one - the paint is wrong - the stripes on the fork flow into the ones on the frame.

Seat clamp is wrong - front end is all wrong - it's not a cervelo - let alone a P5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That’s what I figured, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know where to get the BTA adapter plate? I’ve scoured the internet and I can’t find anything.
Last edited by: TCMiles: Jun 18, 19 17:23
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TCMiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just use zip ties?

Or, get something like that XLab Kompact, that has the mount and bottle as an all-in-one setup?

https://www.xlab-usa.com/...edo-kompact-125.html

I have the older version, and this seems to address the rattling computer mount issue I've had w/ mine.

Can't beat the price.
But - a zip tied bottle cage is cheaper still, and works great.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Why not just use zip ties?

Or, get something like that XLab Kompact, that has the mount and bottle as an all-in-one setup?

https://www.xlab-usa.com/...edo-kompact-125.html

I have the older version, and this seems to address the rattling computer mount issue I've had w/ mine.

Can't beat the price.
But - a zip tied bottle cage is cheaper still, and works great.
Thanks for the suggestions. I currently have my cage zip tied, but just prefer the cleaner look of using the OEM plate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys. Have a question regarding purchase of a 2012 P5. If this is the wrong thread to ask please direct.

Short background about me. Am on a 2012 S5. Have decided to remain on this frame since the fit is really nice for me. Been cycling 5 years, 70 kg, 270 ftp. Want to put more effort in TT style trainig and going from aerobars on the S5 to a proper TT bike seems like a good idea.

Now. I can get my hands on a decent 2012 P5 for about 2000 usd. 10 speed Red group on it. If we assume I can get a good fit on it is it a good purchase or should I look for a P3 or something else.

Been trying to read up on the bike. Frame seems on the heavy end (1800 g). But it seems fast! Some love the ride, some hate it. The same as for the S5. Harsch. But I enjoy the S5’s ride. Then it seems to be a hassle to travel with.

What say you. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Behdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a proper TT position on a TT bike will be faster than your position on your road bike, however fast the S5 is.

I can't speak to price, but the P5 is arguably one of the fastest bikes out there, you could do much worse.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'7". I currently ride the P5-6 (61cm). I like it; it fits as well as any TT bike could. But now, Cervelo is making the p5X in XL and the P5 disc in 58 (not 61). Unless I'm missing something, the 58 P5 disc will be way too small, and I'm skeptical that the P5X (XL) would have enough flexibility to fit. For example, I wonder how much seat post I would need, and that seems like a lot of sway in the seat post to be stabilized by the seemingly small area that the seat post sits in. I'd be concerned that it would just break if I swayed too much side to side. ???
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would you mind posting this on the "Official Cervelo Fit Assistance" thread? This is an interesting problem to work on and I'd like to address it there.

thanks,
Eric

TriFloyd wrote:
I'm 6'7". I currently ride the P5-6 (61cm). I like it; it fits as well as any TT bike could. But now, Cervelo is making the p5X in XL and the P5 disc in 58 (not 61). Unless I'm missing something, the 58 P5 disc will be way too small, and I'm skeptical that the P5X (XL) would have enough flexibility to fit. For example, I wonder how much seat post I would need, and that seems like a lot of sway in the seat post to be stabilized by the seemingly small area that the seat post sits in. I'd be concerned that it would just break if I swayed too much side to side. ???

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TriFloyd, I have the same problem, I am 6'8. Before it was the old P5, the The Specilized Shiv and the Canyon Speedmax CG (not SLX) that made bikes my size, but they cut down the biggest sizes on the new P5 and the new Shiv. So I just moved to modifying the Speedmax to a nice bike. If you find another option, pls let me know =)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the's max amount of spacers you can have on the front end?
Last edited by: nchen777: Jul 11, 19 2:59
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nchen777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Magura brake adjustment (hex nut in the lever) has failed for the second time in 2 years. The best description is the hex nut pops off and the cable loses all tension Last year my LBS, sourced a replacement part and repaired it. Now that it has happened again, I am not sure my LBS can find a replacement part. So I am searching for a permanent solution (if this happened just before a race, I would be aDNS). Any suggestions? Since Cervelo spec’d a part that is no longer manufactured, I reached out to them for a solution but have not received a response.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriPJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriPJA wrote:
The Magura brake adjustment (hex nut in the lever) has failed for the second time in 2 years. The best description is the hex nut pops off and the cable loses all tension Last year my LBS, sourced a replacement part and repaired it. Now that it has happened again, I am not sure my LBS can find a replacement part. So I am searching for a permanent solution (if this happened just before a race, I would be aDNS). Any suggestions? Since Cervelo spec’d a part that is no longer manufactured, I reached out to them for a solution but have not received a response.

What do you mean with "pops off"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [lou_s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

Planning an upgrade for my P5 to Di2. Anyone still here who has some advice on this?

lou_s wrote:
How to best mount Internal Battery.
  • Not sure about this yet. Using Internal DN110. Any advice on this? E-Tube wire length?

Length of E-tube wires:
  • From Junction A to B (bottom bracket)?
  • From Junction B to Front Derailleur?
  • From Junction B to Rear Derailleur?

Where does the interal battery DN110 fit in a P5 frame?

And which length of E-tube wires do you recommend?

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CerveloP5-Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you didn't get a response to above, I am now looking at upgrading my old hack, what did you use for changer buttons? Looking to run single button syncro change
Thanks! :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mjainoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the internal battery in the seat post - the bigger / charger junction box in the old battery pocket infront of the back wheel - a Bluetooth module so I can change settings with either my Garmin or the eTube app.

Shifter wise I have the normal DI2 buttons on the end of the extensions - and SW-R9150 Climber switches stuck to the inside of the magura levers for shifting from the base bars, I have 2 junction boxes in the stem to give me enough connections.
Last edited by: esuuv: Feb 6, 20 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Di2 setup for my P5-six is quite similar:

esuuv wrote:
I have the internal battery in the seat post - the bigger / charger junction box in the old battery pocket infront of the front wheel - a Bluetooth module so I can change settings with either my Garmin or the eTube app.

I use syncro-shift und the DN110 battery. Storage-wise I wrapped the battery in handlebar-tape and placed it in the bottom bracket "storage".

esuuv wrote:
Shifter wise I have the normal DI2 buttons on the end of the extensions - and SW-R9150 Climber switches stuck to the inside of the magura levers for shifting from the base bars, I have 2 junction boxes in the stem to give me enough connections.

Yeah, go for the SW-R9160 at the extensions and mount the SW-R9150 on the base bar. I use a Junction-B near the stem as additional junction to get the wires long enough.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought a 2014 P5-3 frameset but I'm missing the hardware that clamps the saddle rails. I have the piece that connects directly to the seatpost (sort of a semicircle shape). I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement part. Would these work? They look very similar to ones I saw on another frameset.

EDIT: fixed link
Last edited by: carbenfire: Feb 10, 20 10:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks for the replies :)
Last edited by: Mjainoz: Feb 10, 20 17:14
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [carbenfire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [teckert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, cool. Sorry for butchering the link above, should be fixed now.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We’re you able to find the bridge plate? Currently looking for one myself. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriPJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriPJA wrote:

I've also had this problem, did you find a solution?
Quote Reply

Prev Next