Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Scottyren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I scored a great deal on an IA14 back in February. I don't think the color is that well liked and at MSRP above the IA16 isn't a really good option so they have not sold well. When I went to purchase, my LBS called me back after I told them to go a head and order a IA16 and asked if I wanted a IA14 for close to the 16 cost. It was an easy decision. I sold the Vision crank and front brake for close too the difference. The 105 rear is a better brake then the TRP on the 16 any day of the week.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new IA16 color scheme is stunning. No matter what my budget, I would buy the IA16 and simply upgrade to what ever other components I wanted.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
The new IA16 color scheme is stunning. No matter what my budget, I would buy the IA16 and simply upgrade to what ever other components I wanted.

Hey Brian,

I, too, like the new 16 scheme, however my wife and daughter said our "old" scheme is better.

In the end, real happy with the bike. I thought like your post a few back to buy the IA and upgrade as appropriate vs buying an out dated frame with better components.

Awesome bikes.

Still can't figure out how to post mine.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any new AR bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New colors for the AR and a couple of price changes (for new Ultegra) - most available late August or mid-September.

AR FRD ($12999):

AR2 ($5999):

AR3 ($3999):

AR5 ($2499):

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Felt with come out with a disc brake triathlon bike for 2018?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your guess is as good as mine.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drool...

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, any change to see other upcoming Felt models for the new season but with disc breaks? Wanna buy one but cannot find any pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A quick update...

The roll-out plans I was told about for the Calpac are still in place, but I apologize that I can't tell you more. I will say, any owner of an IA, no matter what level, should be happy with how Felt will handle this. Before someone asks, I also can't tell you when. Sorry.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [sommer00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sommer00 wrote:
Hey, any change to see other upcoming Felt models for the new season but with disc breaks? Wanna buy one but cannot find any pictures.

I haven't seen anything, so I doubt something new is imminent, but keep in mind Felt, like other manufacturers, has done away with model years, so you never know when they might announce something new.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [sommer00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FR1 ($7999):

FR2 Disc with eTap ($5999) with Udi2 ($5499):

FR2 ($4999):

FR3 Disc Ultegra 8000 ($3799):

FR3 Ultegra 8000 ($3299):

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
sommer00 wrote:

I haven't seen anything, so I doubt something new is imminent, but keep in mind Felt, like other manufacturers, has done away with model years, so you never know when they might announce something new.

Will see if my contact has any credibility since he told me Sunday he was told Friday Felt will be coming out with a triathlon disc brake bike for 2018. He would not be surprised if Cervelo did something on the lower level also since they cannot buy anymore P2/P3's.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exciting times ahead!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the FR pics! I was hoping someone would since I follow this thread for my IA 10 but I am planning to get an FR this winter. The 3 looks very similar to the previous 6 which for me, I wasn't a fan of the design. Colours on the current 3 make me want to throw up a bit. I am hoping the frame that Ashleigh Gentle is now on will be available for a build...

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Share a picture of her bike so we can see what colors you are talking about.

The FR3 Disc colors aren't for me, but others in our shop absolutely love them.

Trent Nix
Last edited by: trentnix: Aug 14, 17 11:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
That does look great. guess it was a custom job (from Felt) or a color option available only in another region, perhaps?

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
design wise: AR5 or AR2 with disk would look the best, I don't like to many colors :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the Holowesko-Citadel team colors.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May have already been addressed but.....

The Tri155 stem is a bit short for me. The dagger stem is 1 cm longer? If I am reading right?

Worth going that route or get TRIRIG stem or save and get whole TRIRIG Alpha front end?

Anyone sway , change out , or any ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Alpha X for mine, and I love it. I am not a fan of the Tri155 stem-- IMHO, it has two design flaws: 1) The bracket is fragile by design (mine broke during a race); 2) It is easy to crush the rear brake cable with the cosmetic stem cap. So, Dagger, Sigma X, or Alpha X are all massive upgrades in safety alone. And, they are all pretty sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you can get the pad in the right place without a stem change. At most you may need new, longer aero-bars. I did, but that wasn't too expensive and gave a lot more than 1cm of extra reach should I need it. A stem change would only be essential if you need to move the pursuits forward. But I can't imagine 1cm move on those is critical? I have my pads well in front of the base bar clamp such that the original aero-bars would have been much too short and the pursuits are still okay in their original location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blackadder wrote:
May have already been addressed but.....

The Tri155 stem is a bit short for me. The dagger stem is 1 cm longer? If I am reading right?

Worth going that route or get TRIRIG stem or save and get whole TRIRIG Alpha front end?

Anyone sway , change out , or any ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks!

From Felt....

Tri155 stem = 90mm length x -8 degree drop
This is the stem that is on your bike

Dagger stem = 110mm x -16 degree drop
It will fit on your IA16 but it will have a gap behind in when installed (works but just not a perfect aero fit)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the pads at their forward most adjustment and I am still short on the extensions. I could make it work I guess with longer extensions.

Last bike fit was told a longer stem with a bit more drop would allow me to relax shoulders just a bit.

Don't want to blow a bunch of money, but this bike was bought with the idea of upgrading over time.

Next race will be Louisville 2018 I think , so have a bit of time also.
Quote Reply

Prev Next