Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Squiggy028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, no problem.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted pictures on my blog of the draft box on my new IA16 currently being built up. It appears that everything should work out in terms of the BTS cage and mount based on rough measurements and projected saddle height and opening the lid on the box. I will hopefully know soon if it is going to be okay. It makes me wonder though for those saying there is a conflict between the draft box lid opening and cage(s) about the user's frame size.

I was potentially borderline of fitting a 54cm and the saddle height would have been lower or closer to the draft box as I am guessing it will be on the 51cm frame that I got. Could that be the issue? Of course being on the right size frame is more important than having the draft box. I also considered what someone else posted that the items I will put in the draft box would most likely not be needed for the majority of rides. I did not have a single flat in all of 2016 and with logging many miles and doing a lot of self-supported long routes. I am looking forward to stashing those items away compared to how they are currently strapped on the back of the BTS hydration mount.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Look at that uncut steerer. For the first two years of the bike it came cut. This will open up way more stem options. And the use of spacers if you want.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Punk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Punk wrote:
G'day Misha,

Just a few questions about the draft box if that's cool :).

Firstly, can the draft box lid be opened slightly or not at all without twisting the lid? I plan to use my draft box for my spare kit so I'll only need to open it when I have a flat.

Secondly, do you have an xlab behind the seat carrier? For reference, I have an xlab Delta 400 behind my seat.

Lastly, if you use yours as a spare kit, what can you fit in it?

If anyone can post pics of the draft box, behind the seat bottle problem that'd be awesome.

Thanks heaps for your time, Misha, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers and happy riding,
Jamie

Hi,

The lid CAN be opened slightly...you might be able to get things in and out but it'd be annoying.

I don't have an x-Lab...I have a specialized direct mount reserve rack with two gorilla cages.

I have inside the box now, a spare tube (clincher) 1 co2 cannister, co2 pump head, two carbon tire levers and a valve extender and there is room to spare.

Here is a link to pics of the installed draft box. I took a pic of it closed, open slightly, and then how I bend it around the cages to full open...works fine.

You can see in one pic that it's held to the bike via two screws and those run along a vertical spacer in the box...so technically i COULD LOWER the box and have less a cluster problem at the top. Why did I not do that? Felt drilled a hole in the bottom angle of the box to allow a long allen wrench to get to that bottom screw. Then you put a cover in the hole to fill it in. Lowering the box would change the angle of that wrench such that I'd have to tighten in from inside the box...which is a pain. Its not off the table as an option though.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-n9s7yXLJaRbFlBWnZ4dlVZOGs

Cheers!

J

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Last edited by: misha1809: Oct 25, 17 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
misha1809 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Got the new calpac and draft box.

First thoughts, big improvement on calpac.

Bummer on draft box, the way it opens I can’t use with my rear xlab cage on my seat. The lid hits it when trying to open.

Ohh well.

Hey, I just installed the draft box and have the same issue with it hitting the cages on the back of my seat. BUT...you can actually twist the draft box lid to the side and around the cages...it's all plastic so it has some bend-ability and still fits snug on...I was a little worried about snapping it...but it made it with no issue. Ideal....no...a solution based on the physical properties of plastic...yeppers!

Thanks, I’ll put it one and check it out. Would be nice to place my phone in there on training rides.

Your bike looks great BTW! What size frame is that?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Nice bike!

Crazy question but in image 7288 it looks like you could slide the box down a little if you wanted? It still looks like you would have a clearance issue with the lid.

edit: oops, I just read your post again stating why you did not lower the box.

My box appears to be sitting a little lower, but it is at the shop so it will be a few more days before I can look at it more closely. Pic
I went ahead and ordered the Xlab Turbo mount for dual Gorilla cages and will set it at zero drag with the mount parallel to the ground.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Oct 25, 17 9:32
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
misha1809 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
Got the new calpac and draft box.

First thoughts, big improvement on calpac.

Bummer on draft box, the way it opens I can’t use with my rear xlab cage on my seat. The lid hits it when trying to open.

Ohh well.

Hey, I just installed the draft box and have the same issue with it hitting the cages on the back of my seat. BUT...you can actually twist the draft box lid to the side and around the cages...it's all plastic so it has some bend-ability and still fits snug on...I was a little worried about snapping it...but it made it with no issue. Ideal....no...a solution based on the physical properties of plastic...yeppers!

Thanks, I’ll put it one and check it out. Would be nice to place my phone in there on training rides.

Your bike looks great BTW! What size frame is that?

Hi,

It's a size 54.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:

Nice bike!

Crazy question but in image 7288 it looks like you could slide the box down a little if you wanted? It still looks like you would have a clearance issue with the lid.

edit: oops, I just read your post again stating why you did not lower the box.

My box appears to be sitting a little lower, but it is at the shop so it will be a few more days before I can look at it more closely. Pic
I went ahead and ordered the Xlab Turbo mount for dual Gorilla cages and will set it at zero drag with the mount parallel to the ground.

Thanks! I've worked hard to make it so!

Quote Reply
Back Brake Barrel Adjuster Demonte [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question: As I have to travel to an Ironman by plane, I have to demount my Felt IA2. Would like to unplug the aerobar as much as possible but have an issue with the rear break barrel adjuster.
Can I demount that special piece that is under the cover of the aerobar that is used to tighten, loosen the rear brake cable or goes the brake cable through?

Would be great to get some insigth.

Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got the new IA 16 already? I've been working with LBS to get the IA 16 size 48 but we're not able to get a clear answer from Felt of when it can be delivered.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the new IA16 Black Edition 51cm two weeks ago and it's at the shop. When I made the order the shop owner made a comment that it was good that I wasn't wanting the red frame because it wasn't showing up in either 51 or 54. I did not ask if he any clues when they would be available.

The shop owner keeps calling mine a 2018 but I'm not sure if it's last year's frame with the new Calpac and draft box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the red frame that I want but I don't know how long I'll be waiting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The first 48cm IA16's in Red should be in stock this December.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:
Anyone got the new IA 16 already? I've been working with LBS to get the IA 16 size 48 but we're not able to get a clear answer from Felt of when it can be delivered.

There's a shipment due in next week, though I don't know if they're all spoken for. Depends on pre-orders.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to know if QR box (which is significantly larger) is also more aero. Felt went the one size fits all option I guess, which I can get from a business perspective, but likely there is some compromise. I have a 58 and will be keeping my QR box after seeing Felt's solution. I will give the new Calpac a go.
Last edited by: ktm520: Oct 28, 17 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got some better pics of the IA 16 in red as we prepare for our eCom store to be ready. Bike looks terrific:

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Got any of the IA10?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:
Sweet! Got any of the IA10?
Haven't seen the new one yet.

Have some great shots of the previous version! :)

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a video of the 10 from an Asian shop. Looked very nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where the serial number is on the IA? been looking, cant seem to locate it on my IA16

also I am looking to replace my headset bearing, any idea what bearing it is I need?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
I am looking to replace my headset bearing, any idea what bearing it is I need?
I bought this headset replacement for my IA16 earlier this year: https://www.amazon.com/...KJU7G?th=1&psc=1

Also, I think the serial number is on a sticker on the underside of the bottom bracket, but I will have to look at mine to confirm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up my IA16 this afternoon to do a little rough fitting at home and then return it tomorrow for some more tweaks. I have some pictures of the draft box and bottle cage setup. On my fit and setup it will open enough to access, but it does seem like it will work per individual, frame size, fit and cage mounts used. Pictures (pardon the test saddle color)

The SN is located on a removable decal in front of the non-drive side BB and stamped in the plastic below the BB.
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Oct 30, 17 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Squiggy028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Squiggy028 wrote:
Sorry if this isn’t the right place but someone told me to ask SuperDave about this- will the IA10 be compatible with 25c tires? Is there enough clearance for the frame/brakes? Thanks in advance

My IA1 is running 25mm tyres on Zipps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I am little baffled in what steps to take next in the process of this new bike. I am not a competitor and do not plan to be one. My first bike was built up and fitted by a reputable fitter in my area. He suggested the Cobb V-Flow saddle and the build and fitting was done as the bike was being built and then an hour plus fitting. I was supposed to come back for a final tweaking if it was necessary, but the bike really worked out well for me for a number of years.

This time has been a little different and I asked to test the Cobb 55 for a couple weeks using the shop's saddle and yet I have not really been fitted yet. The bike is still getting some tweaks in the build. Today I go in for a very preliminary quick fit just to see if I am in the ballpark.

My question because a proper fitting can be expensive and logistically (drive and appointment time) challenging of getting the cart before the horse kind of thing. I did not want to start another thread, but this is for IA16 so it's kind of related to the topic :-)

1. If I do not get a proper fitting is the Cobb 55 getting a fair trial?
2. If I do set an appointment and pay the fitting fee (it ain't cheap ya know) and the Cobb 55 doesn't work for me am I throwing money out the window if I have to go back to my V-Flow or try something else and have to pay the fitting fee again?

I had the bike at my house yesterday and put it on the rollers using the fork stand for a few minutes. I don't know where I am supposed to be sitting on this JOF type of saddle except obviously off the front. I did get to a spot that seemed to feel half decent for the few minutes I was spinning. I went from a light spin to threshold power and it felt good, but saddle is pushed all the way back. I go back to the shop today with bibs and shoes and will see what he says, but this will not be an official fitting.
Quote Reply

Prev Next