Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Know that site ?
http://tri-mods.blogspot.com/...-di2-parts-list.html
Gives a good overview I guess, but keep in mind itÂ’s a 48 in the graphs.
Other than that there are newer stuff to the ultegra that enhance synchro shift if thatÂ’s interesting. But I donÂ’t know the details or numbers since I have the first gen DA.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want one, Bryan.
Appreciate the help ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Know that site ?
http://tri-mods.blogspot.com/...-di2-parts-list.html
Gives a good overview I guess, but keep in mind itÂ’s a 48 in the graphs.
Other than that there are newer stuff to the ultegra that enhance synchro shift if thatÂ’s interesting. But I donÂ’t know the details or numbers since I have the first gen DA.

Thanks, yeah, they don't care about syncro shift, would rather get the good prices on the previous gen ultegra stuff.

I've wired my own medium Trek SC, and looking to do pretty much the same install, not sure about wire lengths for a 58 felt..
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
Just been informed that there are no plans to release the new Calpac in the UK, any time soon! WTF!

email from my local stockist:

'I have contacted our rep directly and he has confirmed that the CalpPac is currently only available in the US and no plans for it to be brought over to the UK as of yet
i will keep you informed in to any changes'

Anybody heard anything different?...
Seriously?
If that's the position Re UK it'll almost certainly be the same for me in Ireland. Bugger.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
hopper1 wrote:
Just been informed that there are no plans to release the new Calpac in the UK, any time soon! WTF!

email from my local stockist:

'I have contacted our rep directly and he has confirmed that the CalpPac is currently only available in the US and no plans for it to be brought over to the UK as of yet
i will keep you informed in to any changes'

Anybody heard anything different?...

Seriously?
If that's the position Re UK it'll almost certainly be the same for me in Ireland. Bugger.

Definitely the same for you, as Ireland isn't part of the USA ;) W4nkers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I was focusing on it not being available in the UK rather than the more general and extremely annoying "CalPac is currently only available in the US" part.
This sort of nonesense is enough to put me off a brand entirely. Combine it with the extension clamps controversy and I'll be having second and third thoughts about recommending Felt to friends in future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Ah, I was focusing on it not being available in the UK rather than the more general and extremely annoying "CalPac is currently only available in the US" part.
This sort of nonesense is enough to put me off a brand entirely. Combine it with the extension clamps controversy and I'll be having second and third thoughts about recommending Felt to friends in future.

Erm, I think I missed something... What's wrong with the clamps?

If they don't release the Calpacs, I'll be the same and they can ram further business right where the Sun don't shine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IÂ’m working on a solution for you guys

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
That would be great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few more pictures with different angles. I don't think it's oriented backward based on the way the color of the fork matches with the frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was the response I got, when I contacted felt about the calpac and shipment to Denmark.
"Hi Martin,
unfortunately we had some complications in the ordering process and the CalPac 2.0 wonÂ’t be available in Europe until early March. My apologies for that. WeÂ’re still discussing possibilities of an introduction offer and will inform our dealers when we have a reliable date of availability.
Best regards,
Martin Ohliger"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IÂ’m sorry for all Felt owners. Watching this has made me not want to be a Felt customer.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:
This was the response I got, when I contacted felt about the calpac and shipment to Denmark.
"Hi Martin,
unfortunately we had some complications in the ordering process and the CalPac 2.0 wonÂ’t be available in Europe until early March. My apologies for that. WeÂ’re still discussing possibilities of an introduction offer and will inform our dealers when we have a reliable date of availability.
Best regards,
Martin Ohliger"

I've emailed Felt directly, now. Also left a message on their FB page and a DM... Disgusted by this attitude.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:
Here are a few more pictures with different angles. I don't think it's oriented backward based on the way the color of the fork matches with the frame.

Well, looking at this picture, its obvious the fork is turned to the left because of the white paint not lining up. If you turn the fork straight, line up the white paint, does it sit flush then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latest response from Felt (Germany)...

'Hi Paul,
I believe I answered you on Facebook yesterday, but IÂ’d like to go into a bit more detail here. The info you got from your stockist is wrong. Would you let me know where you got that information so I can contact them and clear up this misunderstanding?
The CalPac 2.0 and the BTSPac will come to Europe, but we had problems with the shipping. The parts will be available for the new season in spring and weÂ’re currently working on a solution that would make them available in the middle of January.
Best regards,
Martin'

Much better news than I received from my local dealer!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The orientation is correct. It looks to me like the previous owner replaced the fork with one that was from a different sized frame. I have the same bike in a 54 and the fork is flush with the head tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've made some progress over the Thanksgiving break on my Felt IA rear carrier for the original frame configuration.

Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KXk9WQTyqmNRnQCA2

The intent is to bolt it through the center of the seatpost, and then drill the back of the seat tube down below where the post will run into it.

There are still a few tweaks to make. The tab at the bottom is very undersized and will need additional reinforcement. However, it carries a ton of crap.

At some point I will be making these available to folks. Either the STL files for each piece, or a relatively inexpensive way to get them printed.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
I've made some progress over the Thanksgiving break on my Felt IA rear carrier for the original frame configuration.

Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KXk9WQTyqmNRnQCA2

The intent is to bolt it through the center of the seatpost, and then drill the back of the seat tube down below where the post will run into it.

There are still a few tweaks to make. The tab at the bottom is very undersized and will need additional reinforcement. However, it carries a ton of crap.

At some point I will be making these available to folks. Either the STL files for each piece, or a relatively inexpensive way to get them printed.

Interesting. Too bad about having to drill the holes though. IÂ’ll be watching these progress
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am an engineer, not a magician!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that Felt will come out with a draft box 2.0 like they did for the Calpac. For those using BTS bottle cages this draft box with the lid opening like it is not going to work well for everyone. It works for me with how I am setup on the bike. There is just enough clearance to open the lid. Although it came on my bike and I did not have to order one it does not hold as much as I had hoped.

If they watch threads like this I hope they are considering an upgrade to the lid and add just a touch more storage volume. Since I have this version I will make it work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
I want one, Bryan.
Appreciate the help ;)

My shop has the draft boxes in stock. The new Calpac is back ordered until January of next year.

Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 30, 17 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you send to Brazil?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [revih] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shop can. PM me and I'll send you the link

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say, can an IAx integrated basebar be mounted on an IA16?
Quote Reply

Prev Next