Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I don't think the IA is going to fit me very well anyways. The local dealer hasn't been very helpful with the bike sales/decision process, just don't want to deal with them anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
srev wrote:
New bikes are up: http://www.feltbicycles.com/...T-TRI/ia-series.aspx

The new models have the draft box pictured. I don't see any new accessories posted yet.

A draft box!!!! Its real!!

Disc brake model at Kona for 17,999?

The latest I heard is no disc brake announcements for the IA10 at interbike. But they are working on it and hope to announce something in a few months, which imply the ability to purchase for next race season.

We shall see. He had no rumors of what Cervelo was doing about disc brakes, yet.

Will keep hoping for a Kona release!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
srev wrote:
New bikes are up: http://www.feltbicycles.com/...T-TRI/ia-series.aspx

The new models have the draft box pictured. I don't see any new accessories posted yet.

A draft box!!!! Its real!!

Disc brake model at Kona for 17,999?

The latest I heard is no disc brake announcements for the IA10 at interbike. But they are working on it and hope to announce something in a few months, which imply the ability to purchase for next race season.

We shall see. He had no rumors of what Cervelo was doing about disc brakes, yet.

Will keep hoping for a Kona release!

As I said, my contact was very very clear he was told nothing for like 4-6 months since they are only in prototypes. Would love to see him wrong.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manuals are up for the new stuff:

Calpac
http://www.feltbicycles.com/manuals/2017_IA_Manual_CALpac.pdf

Btspac Storage
http://www.feltbicycles.com/manuals/2017_IA_Manual_BTSPac.pdf

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calpac definitely looks like a big improvement.

Rear storage not so much. I don't want to remove a wheel to put on or take off. Not sure this was thought out very well.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
Calpac definitely looks like a big improvement.

Rear storage not so much. I don't want to remove a wheel to put on or take off. Not sure this was thought out very well.

How often are you going to be installing and uninstalling the rear storage that removing the wheel would be a hassle? Anyways, it says to remove the wheel to simplify the installation, so Im assuming if your nimble enough with your hands you can install it without removing the wheel. Actually, judging by pics in the manual, it looks straight forward if you use an L-shaped allen wrench rather than the longer t-shaped in the pics.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Maybe but I take the trek one on and off a lot of times. On for long course. Off for short course. On for long training rides. Off for short training rides. Just slides on and off. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense than the way they've done it
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think these are great improvements to the Felt IAs. I like it.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I think these are great improvements to the Felt IAs. I like it.
agreed!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I'm on the market for my first power meter.

After some research I'm inclined for the Quark Dzero.

Can someone tell me which model is the right one to fit my stock Felt IA 14 size 51?

Is the BB30, NHB, 110mm BCD? Which would be the crank length?

Thanks for any information.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [revih] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BB30

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 10, 17 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got any of the 2018 IA's in shop yet? Also, is there any chance my LBS would offer any discounts on the new IA10, or should I just look for some discounted gear to go with the purchase?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:
You got any of the 2018 IA's in shop yet? Also, is there any chance my LBS would offer any discounts on the new IA10, or should I just look for some discounted gear to go with the purchase?

Thanks!
Haven't gotten them yet. They are still in QC - expect to see them in 2-ish weeks, maybe?

As far as chances on discounts on the new bikes - not if the shop wants to comply with their Felt dealer agreement. And not if they want to stay in business.

I'm guessing it'll be October before we see any of the new IA 10s with Ultegra 8050.

We have a single IA 10 left in a 54 for anyone who is interested. And an IA 14 in a 56.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's what I figured. If you had a 58 I'd grab that IA10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely going to be tough to find an IA 10 in a 58 floating around out there. Feel free to reach out to me if you want to get on the books for a new one in a 58.

Looking like 2nd week of October per latest info from Felt.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Felt doesn't make it easy for a guy from Wash to buy a bike from a shop in TX... probably get it in ORE where they don't have sales tax. Looking forward to the pics I'm sure you'll post when you get them in, you guys do a great job with your website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've got online shopping coming. And Felt has made it easier for that to happen, now, just FYI.

Thanks for the kind words.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So shops can ship a Felt bike now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I was told.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I must say that I'm quite disappointed with the new Calpac design!
Though it may work better than the existing cover, it's still not all that much...
I just managed to hide the SRAM Blip box in the frame, so have freed up the Calpac space. Using it as a tool box, means I don't have to try accessing it on the fly and the lid stays closed ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. My bike is now officially called the "IA16 Black Edition" on the Felt website. It looks like the only one of the legacy models they kept around. They must have heard it is a popular color.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OR, they had a crap ton of them still around and simply upgraded the draft and calpac...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
That's what I was told.

do you know if we can already order the draftbox and new calpac from our felt dealers already? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have not received any. I don't expect them for another 4-6 weeks, and that's just my speculation - not any official word from Felt.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have "last years" IA2 and I can't tell if I like the new one or not. I'm 100% sure I hate the blue though...haha
Quote Reply

Prev Next