Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro athletes use new gear all the time for testing before final production.

It's coming.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Pro athletes use new gear all the time for testing before final production.

It's coming.
Yes, but they also use customised parts and prototypes that never make it to market. For example Mirinda had a custom made larger Calpac cavity 2 or 3 years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt in my mind that Felt will release these 2 items.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
BryanD wrote:
newtridude wrote:
My guess is there won't be a new box, just rumors. Too bad no 3rd parties ever came to the rescue.

Your guess is wrong. There are pictures on Instagram of Daniela Ryf's IA that have a new bento box and a draft box.

I'm not inclined to take the Instagram pictures as sufficient evidence there are commercial aftermarket accessories on the way but I expect Jim know's what he's talking about so it seems to be true.

Seen them, touched them, and the bike they were installed on was set up in a studio for videotaping instructions on how to install them (on the very IA someone posted a pic of as a matter of fact). They're coming, I promise. When? That's up to Felt. Could be they were waiting to get past this week's Nat'l Sales Mtg.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll say the same thing all of us have been saying for years: I'll believe it when I see it.

Not holding any breaths though

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Is that thing hanging off the back the draft box we've been waiting for? Unless it's round, it looks like it's big enough to put 2 tissues inside and it's UGLY.

Tell them to buy some QR boxes and redrill the mount, then include bolts and they will be in business!!!!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IF that thing hanging off the back is the production product, they sure better be able to show some great benefits (aero or ???) otherwise I would guess they won't sell a lot of them. We box here I come???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After speaking with Felt the improved calpac and draft box are due to the US in September. Can then order off their website or a dealer.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And from seeing a picture of Daniela Ryf's bike, the rear box looks much wider that the seat tube???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New IA FRD:

IA2:

IA 10:

IA 16:

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B14 ($1999):

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
appreciate posting the new IAs. Any definite date when we can start ordering and when they will ship?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:
appreciate posting the new IAs. Any definite date when we can start ordering and when they will ship?
some in late August and some in October. Ia 16 appears to be available very soon, as does the ia frd frameset.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics! Is that an eTap set up on the IA10?
(Edit) Never mind, I see the Di2 wire on the back.
Last edited by: thugbuster: Aug 9, 17 22:06
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra Di2

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [AnthonyParis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are the msrp's the same?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you get the really cool draft box that looks like it's big enough to put your car key in!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IA FRD - 14999
IA2 - 7499
IA10 - 4999
IA16 - 2999
B14 - 1999

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
new Calpac ($69.99 - no information on availability)

Rear Storage Box (49.99 - no information on availability)

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I am a huge Cervelo fan, but these pictures and the new DraftBox and CalPac make me wonder why anyone would buy a P2 over a Felt IA 16

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I know I am a huge Cervelo fan, but these pictures and the new DraftBox and CalPac make me wonder why anyone would buy a P2 over a Felt IA 16
Cervelo seems to be up to something with their P-series. We'll see at Interbike.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
BryanD wrote:
Cervelo seems to be up to something with their P-series. We'll see at Interbike.

Oh now I'm really interested :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Cervelo has an interesting product positioning conundrum... Most of the major players in the market have a single core TT frame design that spans their full product line. The differentiators as the products move up-line are carbon grade and component groups. There are a few exceptions (e.g. Felt B) that have a 2nd frame at a value price point. By default, the P2/P3 is Cervelo's value bike, but it is priced like the higher tier bikes of its competitors. It would be freaking awesome if Cervelo took its P5 core frame design and brought it down to the $3K price point. They would DOMINATE the market with that tactic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
new Calpac ($69.99 - no information on availability)

Rear Storage Box (49.99 - no information on availability)
Look! The Calpac revision is real!

So....rather pricey for what it is - but not unexpected in this industry. Any idea what Jim was referring to in his post a while back about Felt having cool plans for how they'd role it out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent an email asking if the plan was still in place. Though, I won't leak the answer I receive. It's for them to release the info in due time.

The new Calpac is exactly what it looks like. Similar to other hard shell offerings, and well made. Seems to be very functional. Looking at the pick, you can also see they did away with the plastic "tower" on the undercarriage the rear brake cable used to run through.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply

Prev Next