Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post photos here.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I need a P5-Six fork. My bike wasn't even a day old when on my first ride I wasn't watching and glanced off a guardrail and busted my left fork. I know I picked up the left brake fairing but somehow it came out of my back jersey pocket on the way home. Anyone have a spare P5-Six fork they can part with reasonably. Buying this bike literally used up all of my savings and then some. I'd be grateful for any help or leads. Feel free to PM me. THANKS

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [radesignz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The damage doesn't look that bad. Take it to your bike shop and have them confirm if you need a replacement fork.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The carbon is definitely compromised. Right-click and open the pic in a new window, then click once to enlarge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the better pic. Damon Rinard may be able to help you better than any of us. I'm guessing if there is no cracks, it may be ok. But I'm not a composites guy.

Maybe get bike insurance for the next accident? http://www.velosurance.com

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 7, 14 8:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch!

And I think you're right: Based on your later photo it definitely looks structurally compromised to me, too.

The good news is, we have replacement forks in stock. Get in touch with any Cervelo retailer. For a 48 cm frame you'll want a fork with 53 mm offset, all larger sizes take 43 mm.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was quick! Cervelo customer service at its finest!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*like*

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon, I thought so too. It's a 51cm and good to know Cervelo has replacements. Unfortunately purchasing this bike "wiped me out" finically and I was hoping to find a P5-Six fork that someone had laying around after switching to the P5-Three fork and could help me somehow afford this replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to ride that trainer till you can afford the new fork!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood. Just letting you know they are available if there's no other option.

Hopefully a Cervelo owner has a fork they're not using currently.

Good luck!

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bryan D (for the insurance link too) and Damon, Yes talk about excellent service, and I wasn't even aware that this was a Cervelo web site? LOL You're right winter is coming here in upstate New York and the trainer will get me though until next spring, it just kills me to look at this beautiful "bike of my dreams" in the state that it's in. Any leads to a P5-Six fork 51 or larger that's collecting dust would be a huge help. Thanks! LOVE THIS FORUM.
Last edited by: radesignz: Nov 7, 14 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eh I wrecked my brand new Zipp Vuka Stealth aerobars and scratched off a layer or 2 of carbon. Theres no cracks or anything so I keep riding them. It sucks but no one said bikes were made to look at! You will wreck, scratch, and ding up a bike. I look at the scars from my wreck and think "I need to come up with a great story of what happened. There I was riding and this giant beaver......."

Give velosurance a call if your interested. Dave is awesome. You can get really cheap affordable insurance that can cover things like this. It's up to you to decide the risk vs reward.

Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 7, 14 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bryan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody put a 6 fork on to a 3 frame? Is there any point if you aren't going to have the nose cone? I use tri rig brakes rather than maguras on my 3 and found a 6 fork for sale and am curious. I won't be changing bars to the aduro. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, I'm new here, but I've been looking into the forum already a lot especially in this thread.
There are some great tips here, especially from Damon Rinard.

I just finished my bike:

but hope not to get problems with the only 0,2 mm clearance between the frame and the left crank:

I have an ultra-torque chorus crankset mounted, with campagnolo ultratorque BBRight Cups. So everything is how it should be.
I just finished the bike and did not try it out yet, and if the crank will not touch the frame I'm allright, otherwise I'm in trouble.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems crazily tight to me and no way I would risk it. My heel would be all over the chain stay when under effort too.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is your crank that close to the frame? That's not going to end well, cranks and frame will flex under power a tiny bit. You're going to get interference
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm disappointed no one has commented on the paintjob, the two BTA, and/or the wall behind it yet. /pink

Seems incredibly tight. Maybe the new Campy 4 arm cranks are better? Or the Bora TT cranks. Of course these cost an arm and a leg so perhaps there is some sort of spacer option. Good luck. Also, too bad you don't have the internal battery, would look sooo much better. Still, nice to see Campy on a P5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive paint work. And sweet set up, well, maybe I would put the campy battery lower on the bike. On the P5, there is a hidden compartment above the BB just for that.

That said, that may not be the safest bike to ride on a gray overcast day. To the average unaware auto driver, that frame might be pretty hard to see.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please show us the two bottle BTA setup with the bottles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive paint job. Not my cup of tea but quality none the less.

About your base bar.....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure the Campy Battery fits in there, that compartment seems to have been designed for Di2 battery's and the Campy unit is slightly larger. However they do make an internal battery that would slide right in the frame quite well. Paint is also not for me, but I am impressed at the quality of the paint job, very well done to the craftsman.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very creative! Need clear bottles though......or white, or grey.
Quote Reply

Prev Next