Prev Next
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
McNulty wrote:

D. Sagan. Dude is a clown.

D. - did you see his no-hands wheelie near finish line yesterday? That is freaky talented.

I saw the pic. Did a double take. Crazy.

Seen him do a 1 handed wheelie in Montreal last year...after a 6km all out TT effort to ride away from a late breakaway to win the race. Dude's nuts!

Clown? Nuts? C'mon, you guys are just begging someone to recycle this gem... and I'm just the guy to do it:

"They've done studies, ya know... 60% of the time, it works EVERY time."
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you post the pic or link to it? Would love to see it.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would explain why they said he abandoned and then rescinded it. Good that they let him continue because that is bad ass. On the other hand, as people probably remember from last year, they aren't always so fair.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about him pulling a no-hands wheelie, but there's a nice vid of him parking his bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9Eh2uQ7Ek
Last edited by: cartsman: Jul 15, 14 15:05
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rather uncouth to bring up that photo so gratuitously
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slightly off topic but still...
Argon18 signs with a TdF team, any guesses?

http://www.argon18bike.com/...ompeting-in-tdf.html
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6.8kg is too heavy to lift anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [lsousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say NetApp since they're already changing sponsor. Could also be Garmin since I saw that their contract with Cervelo is set to expire and they do have a North American connection. Otherwise maybe a French team since Argon is from Montreal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supposedly Cannondale to Garmin, so that would free up one
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Doubletime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryder took the Giro jersey off J-Rod in 2012. Nibali finished 3rd at the Tour that year and owned the Giro last year.

Waiting for to Nibali to crack is probably not the soundest of strategies.

Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 15, 14 16:33
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Phil and Paul. Not really, but they've upped their game a bit and I'm going to cut them some slack.

Indeed - On the feed we are getting here in Canada, there is an Australian who's been doing some of the early part of the stage coverage before Phil & Paul take over, and then the wrap-up at the end. He's been VERY good.

I sense he may be a former Pro based on his intimate knowledge. Does anyone know who that is? I've never caught his name.

In Australia, we get Matt Keenan for the early part of the stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even the Belkin dude is impressed. I sure as hell was
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

gargon! bow down before GARGON!
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well.... I used to respect Spartacus.....

He was riding well, considering he didn't have much help.

G

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you and speaking of Sagan I think he's the favorite for today's stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long day ahead of Talansky.....

I missed his crash. What happened?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
That would explain why they said he abandoned and then rescinded it. Good that they let him continue because that is bad ass. On the other hand, as people probably remember from last year, they aren't always so fair.

Exactly, I bet Ted King was thinking the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Talansky crash or is he just having a bad day? Based on the commentary, it sounds like a bad day.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
Staz wrote:

Exactly, I bet Ted King was thinking the same thing.

Huge bummer for Ted last year...Only thing I can think is that it wasn't quite as compelling a story. If I read things right he's already out of this year's tour too? Anyone know the specifics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue with King last year was that he was not hurt DURING the stage. he came into it injured, whereas with Machado, he crashed during that day's stage and then soldiered on. There is a long history of this in the Tour, but not so much for King's situation.

Now, I think it was kinda bullschitt last year, but I can understand the point, I guess.

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add Talansky to Vuelta contenders. Bummer for him.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone is talking about the Vuelta now but last year a lot of the big names (well...at least Froome and Sagan) came to the US to race in the Pro Challenge and some races in Canada. Is that not happening this year or are they not at the same time? Forgive my ignorance as far as the racing calendar goes...just busy enough to check the threads on here but too busy to do research on my own :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
Everyone is talking about the Vuelta now but last year a lot of the big names (well...at least Froome and Sagan) came to the US to race in the Pro Challenge and some races in Canada. Is that not happening this year or are they not at the same time? Forgive my ignorance as far as the racing calendar goes...just busy enough to check the threads on here but too busy to do research on my own :)

Froome and Sagan had already had successful seasons at that point, so a little vacation in CO was a good way to wrap up the season.

Froome, et al will now be looking to redeem their seasons....and the Vuelta > US Pro Challenge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some will come for CO, Tour of Alberta and UCI one-day races in Canada. Contador already had the Vuelta on his schedule. Not sure if Froome has stated his intentions. Sagan will likely be here for sponsors.
Quote Reply

Prev Next