Prev Next
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty,
Go mow the lawn. Martin won't stay away.
Problem in that Gallopin and Rolland are also away and the peloton can't let those guys get too much time.
Best,
McNulty

I think you're right. Plus, Phil and Paul just took over the commentary. Lawn won't mow itself.....

Martin is going to drop his break mate soon.

Stop hogging the thread. You should be tweeting this crap.

had too much to drink last night with Bunk Moreland ;)
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been dropped by now but I think it was the stage going to Cervinia won by Amador.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nibali's support disappeared but I think it was probably an aberration. Scarponi, Kangert and Fuglsang should all be capable of being up there in the mountains.

Also read that Rui Costa's problems were mechanical. Shame when you lose time because of a crash or mechanical problem and everything goes out the window, but that's cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
McNulty,
Go mow the lawn. Martin won't stay away.
Problem in that Gallopin and Rolland are also away and the peloton can't let those guys get too much time.
Best,
McNulty

I think you're right. Plus, Phil and Paul just took over the commentary. Lawn won't mow itself.....

Martin is going to drop his break mate soon.

Stop hogging the thread. You should be tweeting this crap.

had too much to drink last night with Bunk Moreland ;)

Bunk is a bad influence, but Martin did drop deMarchi and put 2 minutes between them pretty quickly. Beastly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God what a performance. Was clear Martin was doing the lion's share of the work with Di Marchi, and then he goes ahead and pulls 40 seconds from the chase on the first climb, and gains what he lost on the second climb on the descent. He then puts another 10 seconds in, celebrates for 5km, and wins by 2km. Too bad he didn't win that Vuelta stage last year... he could go for the "among the most impressive performances in a single GT stage" Triple Crown.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who for Astana was riding the McLaren Tarmac today?? Saw it in the final K or so a few times

Last edited by: Turd Ferguson: Jul 13, 14 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
Perhaps Porte should be the default rider for ST to support, given his triathlon background? I don't know any details about it but it always gets mentioned in Australian cycling coverage and is on his bio too.

Hmm, a former triathlete from the southern most part of a country, sounds familiar....
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No confirmation yet on if he has more balls. Let's hope he shows us tomorrow. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the similarities end there. Well, lets hope so.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contador better show up #1 tomorrow. He's losing time.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
let's hear it for Cancellara as well, 2nd on a day that is not really his forte.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep awesome ride. He was quoted as saying he was looking around to see who was in the chase group and he was surrounded by skinny little guys haha. Mentioned he got dropped on the last climb but had enough to get back into it and claimed second

Also I'm eating humble pie. I was only just saying I don't hear much from Martin apart from tt's, and he goes and takes the stage out
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Who for Astana was riding the McLaren Tarmac today?? Saw it in the final K or so a few times

3 riders in the tour are using them. Roche from Saxo, Kwiatkowski from Omega Pharma, and Fugelsang from Astana
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contador just crashed and is 4 minutes down on the peloton.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snapped frame...yikes. Can you imagine, trucking along and boom.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me_XMan wrote:
Contador better show up #1 tomorrow. He's losing time.

Wait....what? To whom?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ATLTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ATLTri wrote:
snapped frame...yikes. Can you imagine, trucking along and boom.

I am listening to the Euro Sport feed and they haven't said what happened. Where did you hear this? Did the bike break before the crash or in the crash?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's in the BBC live updates - http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ive/cycling/26945567

I'm not a big Contador fan, but for the sake of the race I hope he's not too badly damaged and can get back in touch. Assuming the peleton know what's happened, would it be considered good etiquette to slow the pace down somewhat given that he's had a mechanical and is a multiple past winner?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the tv coverage on in the background.

According to the commentators they heard over the radio that his frame just snapped underneath him, causing the crash. team car chucked it into the back, "in a heap." They had the on-scene guy say that he was in the middle of the peloton and blam, down he goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
It's in the BBC live updates - http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ive/cycling/26945567

I'm not a big Contador fan, but for the sake of the race I hope he's not too badly damaged and can get back in touch. Assuming the peleton know what's happened, would it be considered good etiquette to slow the pace down somewhat given that he's had a mechanical and is a multiple past winner?

like he did when AndyS dropped the chain?

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ATLTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ATLTri wrote:
I've got the tv coverage on in the background.

According to the commentators they heard over the radio that his frame just snapped underneath him, causing the crash. team car chucked it into the back, "in a heap." They had the on-scene guy say that he was in the middle of the peloton and blam, down he goes.

I just heard that on my feed, so I must be a little behind. That is so crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:

Having a frame snap on you is a bit different to being too incompetent to execute a shift while trying to launch an attack :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
LuisDF wrote:

Having a frame snap on you is a bit different to being too incompetent to execute a shift while trying to launch an attack :)

touche

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
LuisDF wrote:

Astana has to mark Kwiatkovski. AC is pretty screwed. If he gets back on in these conditions, banged up, it'll be the ride of the tour so far. I'm pulling for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
cartsman wrote:
LuisDF wrote:

Astana has to mark Kwiatkovski. AC is pretty screwed. If he gets back on in these conditions, banged up, it'll be the ride of the tour so far. I'm pulling for him.

contador is out...

WTF

Quote Reply

Prev Next