Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is done and in the car.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ija.z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ija.z wrote:
He is done and in the car.

And we are just getting to the cobblestones.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:

No, I'm saying he's going to hit the deck on the cobbles tomorrow. Bye bye Froome.

Can I get some lottery numbers for today?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad luck, but also bad positioning. From the beginning Sky didn't look together as a team, no organization at the front, spread out all over. Bad things happen at the back.

Almost feel bad for Froome but not Brailsford. How he'll rue leaving Wiggo at home.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Bad luck, but also bad positioning. From the beginning Sky didn't look together as a team, no organization at the front, spread out all over. Bad things happen at the back.

Almost feel bad for Froome but not Brailsford. How he'll rue leaving Wiggo at home.
exactly, now Sky has no leader left. Definitely should not have left Wiggins at home.

Quote | Reply
I have been tuning in here and there this morning, but how does FC look thus far?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You heard it here first: Richie Porte finishes on the podium.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:

Interesting prognostication.... he looked good in 2013.... but this year he DNF'ed 3 of the 4 big races he entered, and ended up 22nd in the fourth (Critérium du Dauphiné.)

Its shaping up that Sky, Trek, and to a lesser degree Omega-Pharma are going to have a dissapointing TdF.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ferchkc09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferchkc09 wrote:
I have been tuning in here and there this morning, but how does FC look thus far?
invisible, which means very good for him. Sure he is up there close to te front getting ready to put the hammer down when they catch the break.

Quote | Reply
DNF DNF DNF 22nd... good progression! should be peaking ;)

Doubletime wrote:
Jordano wrote:

Interesting prognostication.... he looked good in 2013.... but this year he DNF'ed 3 of the 4 big races he entered, and ended up 22nd in the fourth (Critérium du Dauphiné.)

Its shaping up that Sky, Trek, and to a lesser degree Omega-Pharma are going to have a dissapointing TdF.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on Sep...

Quote | Reply
Big move, they're not kidding around. It's falling apart behind them so if they make it to that front group, could be game over. I don't see Nibali's group coming back, he's going to gain time today.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 9, 14 7:35
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
I'm going with Boom tomorrow, simply because Sherwen will mention that he is a former CX world champion and suited for wet cobbles at least 37 times.
I don't think Boom will get a chance to race for himself, expect he may need to stay with Ten Dam tomorrow.

Feeling pretty good about both my predictions. Belkin is without a sponsor so if the chance for a stage is there, they will take it.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I <3 Peter Sagan. There I said it.

Ditto Nibali. He's really bringing it.
Curious about Fabian. A sleeper?

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, Nibali could end up with 2 minutes today, Kwiatkowski too--they're absolutely flying up front. Astana and OPQS will drive this as hard as they can. Could be a huge loss for AC, Tejay, Valverde.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome maybe out but Nibali is making this TdF exciting. They might win 1-2-3 today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as I think this kind of stage is out of place and a bit reckless to put on, GODDAMN if Nibali hasn't impressed the absolute hell out of me. I already had the utmost respect because of his ridiculous descending abilities, but if he ends up winning the Tour because of this performance (including pushing the pace himself, not just following his teammates), he is ABSOLUTE legend.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure, can't believe they're not closing on him at all with BMC and Saxo chasing.

Here it comes: FC and Sagan have to light it up on last section.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
I'm going with Boom tomorrow, simply because Sherwen will mention that he is a former CX world champion and suited for wet cobbles at least 37 times.

Boom!

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Doubletime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooowwwww.... Lost the defending champ but the race is on!!!! Nibali stamps his claim early... With froomedog out, sharknado shows AC that the race is just beginning.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Doubletime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last Dutch victory in the TdF was this date 9 years ago when Pieter Weening won in Gerardmer. As a Dutchman I'm very, very happy with this victory. Now we only need to grab the yellow jersey somewhere in the next days since the last Dutchman wearing yellow was Erik Breukink in 1989.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Is there a slowtwitch league on velogames??

I have watched about 90% of all races this year, so here is my prediction based on what I have seen this year.
Like always we will lose one GC contender in the first week due to crashes
Someone will turn up a positive on a dope test and be forced not to finish/resign

Here are my top 10 GC
1. Nibali
2. Froome
3. Contador
4. Talansky
5. Kwiatkowski- would be higher, looks like he has not recovered from the Spring
6. Rui Costa
7. Valverde
8. Van Garderen
9. Rolland
10. Mollema or Van Den Broeck
Outsiders- Frank Schleck, Fulsang, Leopold Konig, Chavanel, Pineau, Zubeldia, Taaramae, Navarro

Green jersey- Sagan will win Cobble stage and another hilly stage like stage 7 and pull ahead
Polka Dot Jersey- Horner, Leopold Konig, Purito, Rolland
Young riders- Does Talansky still qualify, if not then Kwiatkowski
Team- Astana

I finally think it will not be a Sky show this year- watch out for Leopold Konig in his first Tour- I should have him higher in the top 10
I know I am missing someone, but I will stick with this list

I should have put money on my predictions!
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lovely day for a ride, lads!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next