Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Five guys who had syringe costumes all planned out for the next few legs just went "oh merde!"
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess Horner is really getting by on snickers and cokes based upon that graphic.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLA Jill wrote:
Five guys who had syringe costumes all planned out for the next few legs just went "oh merde!"

Now that is funny.

Here is a picture from today and his bike looks fine to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...rance-2014-live.html
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard rumors about Menchov's positive almost two years ago. There will be more like him
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I was thinking the same..."

i don't think it's fishy. if jens voight or FC were out there pacing a rider over flat and CAT 3 climbs, keeping fairly even pace with 2 or 3 lesser astana riders switching off on the front of the peloton, i don't think anybody would say anything. tony martin is clearly the best time trialist in the world.

now, if he's at the front of the break at the top of the col des chevrieres, maintaining the same lead over the main pack, that will raise an eyebrow. if he's still keeping that same pace over the peloton halfway up la planche, yeah, that's kinda fishy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
FLA Jill wrote:

Now that is funny.

Here is a picture from today and his bike looks fine to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...rance-2014-live.html

commentary now saying bike fell off a team car and he hit it?

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Judging from how big the chasing peloton is, and still full of non-climbers, they're clearly not going anywhere close to flat-out. For the past 3 years he's shown over and over that nobody can catch him in 40-50k races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah but I think u are forgetting what he has done during the last couple days.

1. Yesterday he won
2. Don't remember the day before yesterday
3. Cobble stage he was up front too

Let see how he does in the last couple of hills.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude is a STUD!

almost walk his bike up the hill :-/

great great f job!!!!

slowman was right!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:

1. Yesterday he won

Well he blew up pretty big at the start of that climb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, as expected Martin has just dropped off, and the gap's closing the whole time now they're going uphill. With Movistar, Sky and Astana all having an interest in shutting down that breakaway they'll do well to stay clear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Let see how he does in the last couple of hills."

bear in mind that before he blew up today his group's gap over the peloton had been halved, from 4min to 2min. i don't know who's doping in the peloton and who isn't, but i don't see anything martin did today as evidence of anything other than a selfless team assist that's going to hurt a lot between his blow and the finish line.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:

1. Yesterday he won

...and he imploded big time. As expected.

You reckon the others didn't do the stage before yesterday? Or skipped the cobbles? Tony knows how to dig very, very deep into the paincave. Should I bring up the image of his bloody crotch again?

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Let see how he does in the last couple of hills."

bear in mind that before he blew up today his group's gap over the peloton had been halved, from 4min to 2min. i don't know who's doping in the peloton and who isn't, but i don't see anything martin did today as evidence of anything other than a selfless team assist that's going to hurt a lot between his blow and the finish line.

I think it looked a bit fishy cause the past stages but u right the hills were "that" big.

it will take him awhile to finish today stage

Last edited by: LuisDF: Jul 14, 14 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of the gap now it's at 1:35 from Kwiatkowki and Rodriguez to Nibali. Going to be very interesting at the finish.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to see Kwiatkowski attacking that descent after looking completely spent on the last climb!

Scarponi just had a pretty bad crash, that could be bad news for Nibali. Maybe a chance for Sky to have a little dig and put some pressure on him?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Maybe a chance for Sky to have a little dig and put some pressure on him?

I'm not a Sky fan at all, but god I hope you are right. I really hope that Porte or someone is able to make this interesting. I like Nibbles and think that he will win, but I hope it comes down to a death match on Hautacam.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
cartsman wrote:
Maybe a chance for Sky to have a little dig and put some pressure on him?

I'm not a Sky fan at all, but god I hope you are right. I really hope that Porte or someone is able to make this interesting. I like Nibbles and think that he will win, but I hope it comes down to a death match on Hautacam.

Looks like I had it back to front, Nibali's off and left Sky and everybody else for dead! Hope somebody makes a competition of this, but have to say I'm loving the way that Nibbles has raced so far this Tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Great to see Kwiatkowski attacking that descent after looking completely spent on the last climb!
Scarponi just had a pretty bad crash, that could be bad news for Nibali. Maybe a chance for Sky to have a little dig and put some pressure on him?

Kwiatkowski completely melted down on that last climb. He just does not have the climbing ability of the little skinny guys. I think he needs to rethink the who grand-tour GC rider idea. He may make a better career of single day classics and TTs.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today Nibali showed the dominance he had at last year's Giro. Unless he crashes, this one's over.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly looks like nobody can touch him in the mountains now that Contador's gone. If they want to go for yellow, the other teams are going to have to get on the attack, try and break his team (they looked pretty tired yesterday) and isolate him.

I can't see Sky riding that way though, it's not traditionally been their style (and besides, I suspect they'd be pretty happy to settle for a podium finish after losing Froome). Tinkoff-Saxo have the team to do it but nobody left who's in GC contention, so will presumably just target breakaways and stage wins. Maybe Movistar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Today Nibali showed the dominance he had at last year's Giro. Unless he crashes, this one's over.

Today showed that anything can happen. It could be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Ya...he is looking strong & the rest of the field is thinning out.
Early report: AC broke his tibia (shinbone).
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Blmgtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blmgtnbkr wrote:
Early report: AC broke his tibia (shinbone).

Sheesh, how on earth did he keep on riding at all?! I know the adrenaline can mask the pain (I managed to ride 5 miles home after a crash once without realising I'd cracked the radius in both arms until I discovered I couldn't turn my front door key), but that's pretty extreme.

Guess that kind of injury would also cast doubt on his ability to ride the Vuelta? You can sit on a trainer with a broken wrist/hand/arm/collarbone, but surely not with a cracked tibia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Doesn't seem that unusual for a TTer, which is basically what yesterday was. He'll come off.

When do we start picking the Vuelta podium? Froome, Contador, Quintana...

Wiggins, Schleck, Horner (assuming he's just using the Tour to get fit for his title defence of course)....

fixed that for you.

I might be able to go with your version if you mean Frank, but even he could warrant pink.
Last edited by: OldFart: Jul 14, 14 9:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next