Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a fun stage today. Everyone is attacking everyone. Nice to see TeeJay putting in some attacks and he helped break Valverde. Good on him.

-----------------------------------
team website: http://snappletriteam.com/

team blog: http://snappletriteam.com/?page_id=10
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [zdesmond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great day...however, I really wish some of the guys would try to attack Nibali...All the attacking (that mattered) today really happened after Nibali left them - none of them responded. Yes it was fun to watch, but the race is far from over. Does anyone really remember who came in 3rd or 4th?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sure doesn't seem like anyone can ride with Nibali when he wants to go. That attack he threw down on the group was pretty impressive. This is a race for second.

-----------------------------------
team website: http://snappletriteam.com/

team blog: http://snappletriteam.com/?page_id=10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If places 2 through 5 stay within a min of each other for the next week, the time trial will be interesting to sort out the final placings and the podium. I know Tejay has done some good TTs, so I'm curious if Valverde, Bardet and Pinot can throw down a good TT.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a great day...however, I really wish some of the guys would try to attack Nibali.//

They did, didn't you see the big gap between them? I may have dyslexia though… Pretty hard to attack a guy that isn't even breathing hard in the group while you are gasping to just hang on. He attacked pretty far from the finish too, so I'm sure any thoughts anyone had were further up the road. I love the race between the two french riders for the white jersey and a podium spot, that is some aggressive riding. Now they are attacking, but unfortunately the attacks come behind the guy up the road winning. TJ is doing well to stay with those two, should be able to TT past at least one if not both of them on the tt day. I think that is his plan to podium, and after todays stage could just work..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zdesmond wrote:
It sure doesn't seem like anyone can ride with Nibali when he wants to go. That attack he threw down on the group was pretty impressive. This is a race for second.

It's as if the other guys are Peugeots and Nibs is a FERRARI. He he....

Wednesday is the day when the guys have to beat on him, start to finish. If he gets to the Tourmelet on Thursday intact, it is a done deal.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't realize that he's so far down from Nibali! Still, he's not as far off the podium, so if he goes, podium holders or potential podium candidates will take interest - which might interest Nibali... All I'm saying is that Horner says that he's there for Costa, but he seems to have superior form, so if the situation allows Horner some freedom, he could help shake things up.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I love the race between the two french riders for the white jersey and a podium spot, that is some aggressive riding. Now they are attacking, but unfortunately the attacks come behind the guy up the road winning. TJ is doing well to stay with those two, should be able to TT past at least one if not both of them on the tt day. I think that is his plan to podium, and after todays stage could just wok.

Yes! The white jersey race is very exciting. And I'm betting on Teejay to move up to the podium after the TT.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
Didn't realize that he's so far down from Nibali! Still, he's not as far off the podium, so if he goes, podium holders or potential podium candidates will take interest - which might interest Nibali... All I'm saying is that Horner says that he's there for Costa, but he seems to have superior form, so if the situation allows Horner some freedom, he could help shake things up.

Dude Horner is 22th at 23:59 down. Rui at 12:57...............yesterday it was 11 to 8:30.....................Horner has, is and will be no threat
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, wrote that before yesterday's result - no doubt Horner is no threat to anyone now. Still a couple of tough mountain stages left, but hard to see him competitive with some of the other climbers this year...
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank Schleck getting a bit of form back lately too
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My heart goes out to Jack Bauer in todays stage. I love to see a break survive. It breaks my heart to see those guys get caught 20m from the line. Basically the same thing happened to Tony Martin Last year in the Vuelta. (only Tony went solo)

I guess if there is any to feel about Jack Bauer did save the world and the president multiple times. (I love 24)

Last edited by: Turd Ferguson: Jul 20, 14 9:39
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was close today. Would've been cool. I was yelling at my television.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
One Norwegian in the race, one stage victory. Go Kristoff

One Norwegian in the race, two stage victories. Go Kristoff
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big winner on the Tour de France?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sports Change Your Life: bike equipment, men cycling jersey
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [cooxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's so 2013...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Halvard wrote:
One Norwegian in the race, one stage victory. Go Kristoff

One Norwegian in the race, two stage victories. Go Kristoff

If only he'd wear his helmet properly.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>My heart goes out to Jack Bauer in todays stage.

Mine too, but it was kind of his own fault. It looked like he started playing match sprint with Elmiger a little bit thinking it was in the bag. If he'd just drilled the last kilometer I think he might have made it. He might have towed Elmiger to a win, but that's a risk I'd have taken.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Sagan needs support, for sure. But let's not forget that this guy is pretty much going solo every day and top tenning every day. Similarly, Nibali has had a very good year overall, just no wins and he's taken a bunch of crap for that. He's one of the very few who can win a GT and also the one day races.

Sagan is a Rolleur and can do everything really well but can't outsprint sprinters and can't outclimb climbers. So he really needs some talented teammates to be foils, get in breaks, throw in some attacks so he can sit on and make the others chase. Can we imagine him with OPQ? He still doesn't have the attack saavy of a Gilbert, but I think he's getting there. He's still young. Or maybe he'll always be a very talented knucklehead.

I've been wondering if it might not be worth his while to strip a bit of weight and seriously work on his climbing. I don't think he's that far from being a possible GC candidate for Cannondale. He's obviously never going to be able to beat the pure sprinters, but with the "almost" speed if he could up his climbing I don't think he would be that far off.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect what you see of him this tour, that is exactly what he has been up to. He has been climbing better, he just he just has more work to do to get there. I think you are right, he is a GC in progress...

G

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Sagan needs support, for sure. But let's not forget that this guy is pretty much going solo every day

Are you "Channeling" Paul Sherwen ???? He uses that phrase every 3 minutes.... "Lets not forget" ... Argh. Utterly hopeless
Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [ridecarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Sagan will ever be a GC contender, at least for GT's.

He may be able to eventually win some 7-10 day stage races, but at the risk of losing his ability to win the races he currently does.

He would be much better off to continue to focus on the Classics and stages.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of what people where saying of FC 7-8 years ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you be so sure. The guy can already crush it on 3-5 minute VO2 max climbs and drop GC contenders and throw down an exceptional TT when he wants to. Sure Cancellara will never go for the GT's but Sagan is already 6-8kgs lighter and could likely lose 2-4 more for the long climbs. Oodles of power, great recovery ability and a potential body mass of maybe 69 kgs...sounds like GT contender to me.

My prediction is he spends the next few years scalping monuments and stages and then makes an attempt at the 3 week big time when that gets old. I wouldn't bet against him.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: TdF (Tour de France) 2014 Thread [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That he can hang on for ATOC or intermediate mountain stages shows little to being there at the end of 15k of clinbing on an HC rating. And doing that day after day in a GT. So he could improve to get "close" and invisible like all but a handful of guys, or continue winning points jerseys and no doubt a few monuments along the way.

He's also a good TTer but hasn't shown that he's near where the GC guys are.
Quote Reply

Prev Next