Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 225 Average watts (90 cadence)
2) 24.0 Average speed in MPH (1st in Age Group)
3) 56.51 miles (IM Augusta 70.3)
4) 140 lbs rider weight
5) Quintana Roo PRsix, FLO90 full carbon / Reynolds element disc, Conti GP4000 IIs, Vittoria Latex tubes, Power2Max PM, Rudy Wing57, Ice Friction Chain
6) Hot. Burned out from the year
7)

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU DL Sprint Cozumel
1. 183AP, (204NP)
2. 24.3 mph
3. 12.4 miles
4. 142 lbs
5. 2002 Cannondale CAAD 5-44, Jet 60/60 Conti, GP400S2 F/R, Bell Sweep, TYR Carbon Tri-suit
6. DL Sprint

LCW Oklahoma

1. 139AP, (150NP)
2. 20.3 mph
3. 76.6 miles
4. 142 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 90 front, Jet 60 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, TYR Carbon Tri-suit
6. Held back purposely, very windy
Last edited by: jaretj: Nov 17, 16 2:37
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid race!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Escape to Miami Olympic Distance 9/25/16. Almost no wind, 8 Miami Mountain (bridge) climbs of ~50 feet each
1) 218 avg (225np)
2) 23.1mph
3) 24mi
4) 161 pounds
5) Felt IA 10 size 58 with Torhans Aero30 up front, Delta 400 in the back, Flo 60/Disc, TriRig Omega brake
6) Bridges are the bane of Miami cyclists

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you really look like you are on too large a frame, if you learned to rotate at the hips that is

reminiscent of TG position
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
you really look like you are on too large a frame, if you learned to rotate at the hips that is

reminiscent of TG position

i know. i screwed up not getting a proper prefit, and it being my first tri bike, i didn't know what a comfortable tt position was supposed to feel like (probably still don't). i trusted the shop who has a mediocre fitter at best who basically fit me to the bike instead of the bike to me. i can't afford to take the hit on buying a smaller frame at this point, and honestly, there's a ton of conflicting guidance on the IAx thread that says that the aero benefits of the larger frame outweigh the 2cm stack increase. couple that with the fact that i have hip impingement on the left that limits my hip angle and the inability to find a comfortable saddle.

i've pretty much just given up trying to find a better position since this one is more or less working for me. i know i'm losing power and that i can probably be more aero, but it was just too stress to keep worrying about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear what you are saying, but would suggest you are leaving a significant amount of free speed on the table. unfortunate the shop fit you that way. not saying you should change, just making sure you are aware in the event you wanted to do something about it
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for confirming it for me :) the shop actually had me in an even more relaxed position, like 3cm higher and further back, I've been working on it. starting physical therapy for the hip next week and hopefully i'll find a good fitter in south florida to try to fix me. might have to replace the whole front end to get lower tho
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what saddles have you tried?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
what saddles have you tried?

i've settled on the bontrager hilo speed dial saddle because i can adjust the nose at will, and i think i might have finally found a setting that works for my current position. i've tried the adamo long, narrow, podium, time trial, prologue and everything in between. i tried the selle smp tri saddle (t3 i think) as well as the dynamic, i tried the koobi 232t, the cob jof55, shc, and plus, also the prologo that came with the bike, and the fizik tritone and the regular width dash

my LBS might not be very good at fitting, but they have a pretty good demo saddle program and a few buddies contributed as well
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Sep 28, 16 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, I tried a crap load of 'em as well. not until I found the narrow dash(strike?) did I find a split nose I could stand and get away from riding one side of a standard saddle. its not perfect but its the best option have found

ask for a critique here and see what you get :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 268AP/271NP
2) 16mi
3) 26.4mph (36:20)
4) 6'0", 180lbs
5) Trek SC9, H3/Jet+disc
6) Net headwind, pretty rough/slow pavement, mostly flat, power meter low?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 211
2) 12mi
3) 23.4 mph
4) 5'8", 172 lbs
5) Argon 112, stock with bell Javelin
6) 10 hour road trip day before, couldn't kick it into next gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [FairDestroyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Playing along again…

1) 225 Average Watts / 241 Net Watts
2) 22.8 MPH average (5th in Age Group)
3) 56.51 miles (IM Augusta 70.3)
4) 167 lbs. rider weight
5 ) Bike: 2012 P2, Prosvet base bar, mantis aero bar setup
Front Wheel: 90mm Carbon Front w/23mm Conti GP4000 IIs & Vittoria Latex tubes (The wheel is a no name import that a tested faster at A2 than a 808 FC)
Back Wheel: Zipp Sub9 disc, Conti Force (24mm) & Vittoria Latex tubes
Misc: TriRig front brake, DSW bento box, Speedfil A2 BTA bottle, one bottle behind the saddle, Castelli Stealth top, LG Kask Bambino w/ modified visor (I think this setup woks a lot like the MET helmet Jordan reviewed.)
6) As noted by others, hot and a little more elevation and distance to ride this year. Not sure about the accuracy of my power meter at the moment. I’m going to spend some time calibrating them this winter. (i.e. calibration weights and a little math)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 236 watts Av P, 238 NP
2) 25.2 mph
3) 25 miles
4) 61 kg/ 135lbs
5) 2013 Trek Speed Concept, Tri Rig front brake, Vision Aero bars, Zipp Super 9 Aluminium brake track disc, Zipp 808 Aluminium brake track front, clinchers with latex.
6) Just finished 16 weeks of running ~50 miles a week (desert dudes full arsed challenge!!) with only a couple of hours a week on the bike, hence the low power! Oh, and it was a pretty windy day, course was gently rolling but no real hills to speak of.
Last edited by: rmt: Oct 6, 16 22:07
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't a race but a longer hard workout. 100 miles, 24.2 mph, 262 Watts NP, 2850 feet of elevation gain. SWORKS Shiv Zipp disk , Reynolds 40mm front. Regular cycling jersey, but aero helmet. No shoe covers. 3 lights rolled through and 2 stop signs ( also rolled through). 170 lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Ken66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Race @IMMD
1) 214 Watts
2) 23.5 MPH (my Garmin, they listed the course as 100 miles. Pretty sure it wasn't.)
3) 99.5 Miles
4) 164 pounds
5) 2014 Felt B14 with a Williams 85mm front and a plastic wheelcover for the rear
6) I don't wear an aero helmet. We were helped by having more tailwind than headwind on the course this year, probably should have been slower. Stupendously flat course as they got rid of the infamous Ironman Maryland "Hill" this year.
7) May be able to get a pic later.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [sperris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Maryland.

1. 243W AP, 247W NP
2. 39.6km/h (from my Garmin)
3. 159.42km (from Garmin)
4. 170-174lbs
5. 2008 Pinarello FT1 with Flo 60 front and disc cover rear.
6. GP4000S II tires, latex tubes, 1x drivetrain, waxed chain TriRig front brake, Vision Aluminum bars, Bell Javelin helmet, LG sleeved jersey plus cotton arm warmers.
7. Photos from the Esprit triathlon, but I had basically the same setup in Maryland.
[URL=http://s141.photobucket.com/...595465163_o.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City

1: 178 AW, 183W NP
2: 21.4 mp/h
3: 55.9 miles (Garmin)
4: 165#
5: 2011 Parlee TT with Flo 60 Front and Flo 90 with Wheel Cover rear.
6: GP4000S II tires (23mm), latex tube front
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [adventurelarry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Louisville

1: 171 Watts
2: 20.04 mph
3: 111 miles
4: 153 lbs
5: Trek Speed Concept 7.5 2015, wheels Zip 404's, GP4000S II tires (23mm)
6: I need to lose 10 lbs, any critique on aerodynamics is welcomed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arizona 70.3

1) 221 watts, 233 normalized. .88 IF
2) 22.5 mph
3) 56 miles
4) 175 lbs
5) S-Works Transition, 900 Disc (Vittoria Corsa w/Butyl) & Bontrager 9.0 (GP4000s w/lightweight Butyl). TriRig Alpha & Omega X
6) That course is a cluster! Also, the data is skewed a little bit as I had to stop (twice!) early on to figure out what was ticking with every tire rotation. That sucked! Turns out it was the duct tape from one side of the disc inflation hole that had come off and stuck to something. It blew away eventually, but I only averaged 13 mph for the first 1.2-mi split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Austin 70.3 with a TT bike start/no swim
1. AP: 219 NP: 229
2. 23.5 for a 2:24 (best bike splits had me a 2:22 on 220w)
3. 58.82, was little long due to wrong turn
4. 160lbs
5. Trek SC, Disc/808, Conti SS/TT at 98lbs, latex tubes, SLF motion pulleys, Ice Chain with about 250 miles on it.
6. 3 weeks post IM, was little to frisky at the start and rode the first 30 min at 244w. Used slight downhills to pee which dropped power to zero for 20-30 seconds per pee at 4 x pee. Still trying to play with position to see if any gains left, OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON POSITION, had a few fitters tell me nothing else to be gained.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Austin 70.3 no swim and I dropped out of the run after 5 miles. My knee is / was hurt.

1. AP: 219 NP: 230 (grabbed this from Strava's "Weighted Power" which I am assuming is the same.
2. 24.1 for 2:20:44
3. 56.6
4. 150lbs
5. Felt IA 3, The Felt IA wheels that are blue, 4000s 2. nothing else special
6. It went well for me being nervous about my knee. Felt easy enough but the last 7 miles or so I was a bit fatigued and power dropped. Need to work on that a bit. Also a very sore back which I found odd as I was riding my tt bike a lot. (probably because i wasn't 100% of time in skis for 2 hours straight)
~7. https://www.strava.com/activities/760976361 : i'll put a pic when I have one.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Austin 70.3 with a TT bike start/no swim
1. AP: 219 NP: 229
2. 23.5 for a 2:24 (best bike splits had me a 2:22 on 220w)
3. 58.82, was little long due to wrong turn
4. 160lbs
5. Trek SC, Disc/808, Conti SS/TT at 98lbs, latex tubes, SLF motion pulleys, Ice Chain with about 250 miles on it.
6. 3 weeks post IM, was little to frisky at the start and rode the first 30 min at 244w. Used slight downhills to pee which dropped power to zero for 20-30 seconds per pee at 4 x pee. Still trying to play with position to see if any gains left, OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS ON POSITION, had a few fitters tell me nothing else to be gained.

Nothing to add fit wise, but that's a badass picture!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 218avg, 223np
2) 24.3mph avg
3) 56 miles @ Miami 70.3
4) 161 pounds
5) Felt IA 10, Flo 60/Disc with vittoria latex tubes and brand new 23mm Conti TT tires, Tririg Omega X up front, Torhans Aero 30 front, Xlab Turbo Wing with two bottles in the back, new chain with molten speed wax, new LG Course M2 suit
6) NNE Wind @ 8-13mph gave tons of crosswind at 90° angle for a large portion of the race and big headwind for another portion cancelled out by big tailwind immediately after turn around. 1.02 VI so pretty even pacing. Flat course.

7)

No side view, sorry :(
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Nov 2, 16 13:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next