Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since everyone I see in this thread is posting data for longer events I thought I would post something from a shorter TT...This is from the Vic Williams Memorial Grand Prix

AP: 1870w
Speed: 41.93 mph
Time: 10.67 seconds (new AG WR)
Distance: flying 200 meter
Weight: 178
Bike: Felt TK1, Zipp 808 FC/Super 9 disc, Speedplay track with aero cleat, Atomic coated everything, 3T Scatto drop bars, Vie13 Speedsuit, LG Rocket
Photo: Zoom, Brian Stricker

Quote | Reply
holly crap! 1870 watts!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [pangaea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts- 215NP/220NP
2) Average speed in MPH- 23.1mph, 4:51
3) Distance- 112 at IMFL
4) Rider weight- 6' 3" 175
5) Describe bike and wheels- 2014 Speed Concept, 808FC/900 disc, GP4000S II, Bontrager latex, Giro Advantage 2
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero- buttery smooth roads and low winds. I dropped my power by 10 watts to save it for the run
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position- Pictures here

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMFL 2015

1) Average watts - 160AP/160NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 20.3
3) Distance - 112
4) Rider weight - 5' 7" 155
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2011 Felt B14 + Zipp 808s
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 290 avg./301 NP – http://tpks.ws/o3tt
2) Average speed in MPH: 25.4
3) Distance: 12.8mi
4) Rider weight: 173lbs/6'
5) Describe bike and wheels: '12 7 series speed concept w/ flo 60/90
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: I'm not aero, dammit.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy26: Nov 11, 15 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For my wife at B2B:

1) NP: 84, Max: 147
2) Average Speed: 16.1 mph
3) Distance: 56 mi
4) Weight: 108 lbs. (1.7 w/kg)
5) Equipment: 2013 Cannondale Slice, Flo 60/90, Specialized Power Saddle, T3 bars, Dark Speed Works bag, BTA bottle, tools/spare tucked behind the seat, and Pro 4R 700x23 rubber.
6) Very good fit, very aggressive position, strong core and concentration (she never leaves aero), cadence was 73 average.

Power meter (Power Tap C1) was less than a month old at the race, so no training using it, no plan to race by power, etc. She just rode the bike and we down loaded the data later. Her half run time was 2:05 and change. Since then we have calculated FTP at around 115 watts, so she was probably riding too slow. There's always next year.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
170W and a 22+ average is crazy, even with ideal conditions...

Here's mine

Austin 70.3 (not ideal conditions; cross winds, bad roads, technical, and got directed off course for 2 miles!)
Here's my Garmin results

Average watts: 207NP, 195AP, VI: 1.06, IF: .829
Average speed: 21.4, 2:42:16 (based off 57.9mi)
Distance: 57.9
Rider Height and Weight: 5'9, 145lbs
Bike and equipment: BMC TM01 M-S, Super 9 and 404FC, Pro Missile Evo TT, 1 BTA, 1 rear bottle (with flat kit), No frame cages, 25mm Zipp Tangente Speed tires, 1 latex in rear, 1 butyl in front, S-Works TT helmet, LG Course M-2 suit

I don't have a good picture, but I feel that I'm fairly aero. Here in Austin, I was out of aero a bit dodging pot holes, weaving through cracked roads, lots of turning, hills, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMFL
112mi 5:24
Avg pwr 154w speed 20.7mph
cervelo p5/6 Flo 90 front flo disk rear
5'9" 160lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Louisville

AP:154
NP:165
Speed: 20.3 mph
Dist:112 miles
Weight: 147
Ht: 5'7"
Bike: BMC TM01, 808FC/Super 9 disc, Conti attack and Force, LG P09, Pearl Izumi BMC skinsuit, latex tubes for 4 miles.
Time: 5:30 (moving time), double flat at mile 4
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jimmy3993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replaced my Garmin a few days before IMFL, and forgot to change data settings to not include zeros. I'm was hoping that did not affect NP, but it looks like it did.

Avg Power - 134
Norm Power - 145
Distance 111.17
Time - 5:13:57
MPH - 21.2
Cervelo P3. Stock front. DT Swiss from Wheel Builder with cover.
5'8" 170lbs

IM Texas from back in May is a little more in line. Garmin Connect doesn't say if it used zeros or not, but I'm assuming it does not.
Avg Power -156
Norm Power - 170
Distance - 110.36
Time - 5:28:06
MPH - 20.2
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TryScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Challenge Shepparton 70.3, two laps with a cross/head on the way out and cross/tail back.

Avg power: 200w
Normalised power: 204w
Distance: 89.5km (55.6 miles)
Speed: 35.9km/h (22.3mph)
Height/weight: 178cm/71kg (5'10"/156lb)

Boardman Air TT 9.2, Hed Stinger 6, Vittoria Evo CXII tubulars, Scody Air skinsuit, Giro AA2, Torhans 30, 1 bottle zip ties behind seat.
Last edited by: mvogt46: Nov 16, 15 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tinman - Olympic distance - longer swim, shorter bike, slightly long run.

1) AvP 228; NP 233; 0.85 IF
2) 24mph
3) 22.5 miles
4) 80.5kg
5) Canyon speedmax 2015 model, HED 60 front, HED disc back
6) Ate gel at 20 mins and 40 mins plus water, and felt a little ill. Could have done without the 2nd gel and not swallowing some of the sea water. Still got 28th fastest bike split and 5th in AG, and still felt good on the run. Pretty pleased the execution for a C list race.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [QKRTNU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Looked up that event. It would be cool if ST covered these types of events.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10TT
1) 296w
2) 28.2mph
3) 10 mi
4) 58kg
5) fully integrated brakes and cables. front 60, rear disc.
6) this was a casual, last minute race put together with less than 10 riders. I forgot some of my aero gear and it was the first ride on my new bike and first time on a TT bike since October. won a kask bambino helmet since this race was part of the conclusion of a longer winter racing series.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
240 NP, 112 miles at IMMT. 176 lbs 6'1" S-Works SHIV ( with the nosecone) 5 hours 6 minutes with a 3 -4 minute stop after dropped chain which locked between my crank and frame) Yes I hit the only pothole in Tremblant. I had poor aero discipline I think. Did not train in aero as much as I should have. It was also an incredibly hot day so I sat up a bit to cool down. Those of you who raced that day know what I'm talking about
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Ken66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reading your average watts for IM is makin me think that there's something wrong with my lemond indoor trainer watts(with wattbox tool ).

my ftp is about 260w, my Z2 workouts are always beetween 170 and 180w but when im' outdoor my average speed is max 33km/h for endurance sessions. in a IM it means a finish time for the bike leg of 5h30'.here i read about triathletes who finish under 5h with 170w and other over 5h30 with more than 200w average. (my weight is 75kg...)

can i ask you the difference (with tt bike) beetween watts indoor and watts outdoor?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Fab4mas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fab4mas wrote:
reading your average watts for IM is makin me think that there's something wrong with my lemond indoor trainer watts(with wattbox tool ).

my ftp is about 260w, my Z2 workouts are always beetween 170 and 180w but when im' outdoor my average speed is max 33km/h for endurance sessions. in a IM it means a finish time for the bike leg of 5h30'.here i read about triathletes who finish under 5h with 170w and other over 5h30 with more than 200w average. (my weight is 75kg...)

can i ask you the difference (with tt bike) beetween watts indoor and watts outdoor?

It's not the watts themselves that is important in seeing the difference in time over an IM bike leg... but the watt to cda ratio that will determine it. If you have a low cda you *can* go very fast on very few watts. If you have a high cda you are going to need (sometime a lot) more power to overcome the wind resistance.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
Fab4mas wrote:

It's not the watts themselves that is important in seeing the difference in time over an IM bike leg... but the watt to cda ratio that will determine it. If you have a low cda you *can* go very fast on very few watts. If you have a high cda you are going to need (sometime a lot) more power to overcome the wind resistance.

Totally agree with wants above and after owning a few power meters i have seen some 15-25 watt differences between different power meters, my stages always ran way lower then 2 others i have had, so take that into possible consideration....... oh i did bike a 4:52 off 201NP at 72kg, thought i would squeeze that in:-)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Corsicana Stage Race TT - fairly flat with some rollers.

1) Power - AvP 321
2) Speed - 29mph
3) Distance - 4.6 miles
4) Weight - 187lbs
5) Shiv Tri, 404 front, 404 w/wheelcover in rear
6) 9:37 was good for second place. No excuses, I exceeded my target wattage and hit the rollers at the end with just enough left in the tank. Probably the best executed TT I've done, happy with results.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
March in Okarche Duathlon- 5k, 15.5 mi, 5k
1. Power- AP 246 watts, NP- 250 watts
2. Speed- 22.6 mph
3. Distance- 15.5 mi
4. Weight- 155
5. Bike- Specialized Transition Pro with Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheels and Catlike Chrono Aero WT helmet.
6. Still playing with and figuring out the power game. This was my first race using it so not sure how these numbers align with what or where they should be based on the setup. FTP was last tested at 260 and legs felt great going into the second run.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMFL 70.3 after I accidentally hit a button 2 miles into bike and restarted the Garmin 920.

1) 178 AP
2) 22 mph
3) 54 miles
4) 155 lbs
5) 2009 Scott Plasma 10, Reynolds Aero Wheels 72mm

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: alien: Apr 14, 16 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FL 70.3 this past weekend

1) Average watts - 272 AP, 280 NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 24.7
3) Distance - 56 miles
4) Rider weight - 168
5) Describe bike and wheels - 2015 Blue Triad SL w/HED Jet 9 wheels (PT hub on back)
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - had to stop twice to fix rubbing wire for rear brake on crank (think TriBike or drop off bike shop adjusted it, as it wasn't rubbing prior to the race)
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position - none :(

BBS had me about three minutes faster, but there seemed to be quite a strong headwind in the 2nd half of the race.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts
2) Average speed in MPH
3) Distance
4) Rider weight
5) Describe bike and wheels
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Galveston 70.3
1) 215 avg / 218NP
2) 24.1
3) 56 miles
4) 149 lbs
5) 2012 Quintana Roo, HED Jet6/9, Rear PT.
6) front hydration Torhans 20. rear cage ziptied, no bottles between frame. Castelli tri sleeved suit.
7) no pics
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts
2) Average speed in MPH
3) Distance
4) Rider weight
5) Describe bike and wheels
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Galveston 70.3
1) 214 avg
2) 22.5
3) 56 miles
4) 212 lbs
5) 2012 Cervelo P2, Zipp 808 Firecrests (front and back).
6) no particular whining
7) no pictures

I posted this after seeing espejo09's stats - nearly identical to mine except for the average speed and the weight. Yet another reason why I need to fix my fetish with pizza.....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [frumptyfrontbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) 167 Watts Avg. 171 NP
2) 20.3 MPH
3) 56 Miles
4) 155 lb.
5) Wilier Blade with Reynolds Strike SLG wheels, Giro Air attack helmet
6) I'm thinking I might have a pretty conservative fit (please critique picture below), was hoping for higher speed with similar power.

Quote Reply

Prev Next