Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 212 AP
2) 26 mph
3) 24.7 miles
4) 61.6kg
5) 2011 Felt DA, Stinger Disc w/Zipp Speed SL 28, Bontrager D3 90mm w/Conti SS 23, Bayonet 3 Devox Bars, Dash Stage 9, Rotor 3D+ 155mm w/P2M Classic
6) No excuses. Hat's off to Joe Bank for having a good ride even though sick.
7)[/img] Photo courtesy of Ted Morgan

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Aug 20, 17 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
1) 212 AP
2) 26 mph
3) 24.7 miles
4) 61.6kg
5) 2011 Felt DA, Stinger Disc w/Zipp Speed SL 28, Bontrager D3 90mm w/Conti SS 23, Bayonet 3 Devox Bars, Dash Stage 9, Rotor 3D+ 155mm w/P2M Classic
6) No excuses. Hat's off to Joe Bank for having a good ride even though sick.
7)[/img] Photo courtesy of Ted Morgan
I was talking to you about your bike yesterday. I had the neon green Speed Concept. (Was also drooling over your rather nice motorized ride :) )
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, the same guy that screamed past me only about 5 minutes in and posted a 51 and change? Kudos. Your position looked stellar when you came by and that effort is something I can only dream about. At least my rides are drool worthy. ;)

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man, just switched up my extensions to a higher hand position. Glad it looks good.
Was gonna ask you if you were on here, I figured you were by the attention to detail on your bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow.
Great position, looks scary fast.

Wicked low watts for that speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
Thanks man, just switched up my extensions to a higher hand position. Glad it looks good.
Was gonna ask you if you were on here, I figured you were by the attention to detail on your bike.

BTW, I think I was north of 30mph when you came by. So, yeah...it looked good. ;)

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
Wow.
Great position, looks scary fast.

Wicked low watts for that speed.

Thanks! yeah, I am one of Dan's outliers, but I find it comfortable and make good power for my level of fitness.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's from all the Sunday rides with the fat Trek guy ;-)

10 mile TT mid-Sept FYI.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [CyclingBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingBrad02 wrote:
Maybe it's from all the Sunday rides with the fat Trek guy ;-)

10 mile TT mid-Sept FYI.

Hahaha...that fat Trek guy has kicked my butt constantly on those Sunday rides and did so again at Church Creek. At least I can get you on the climbs when you have a flat rear tire. ;)

Not sure about Delaware yet, but maybe I will if I can carpool with someone...

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 336 AP
2) 28 mph
3) 24.8 miles
4) 70 kg
5) 2014 Trek SC , Zipp 404 + Hed Jet Plus Disc, GP 4000
6) Went out a little too hard. Ended up 8th out of 8 starters. Lai and Ridenfish, feel free to send some aero magic my way.

Picture by Ted Morgan

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [carrag340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Church Creek 40 K TT

1) 314 AP It's an older Power Tap and I swear this thing reads low, or I'm really aero fro my size. I make a good bit more power on my road bikes with the G3 Power Taps
2) 28.8 mph 51:43
3) 24.8 miles
4) 6'1'' 75 kg
5) 2014 Trek SC, Jet9+ w/ Conti SS 20, Jet C2 Power Tap Disc with Conti SS 23
6) On Wednesday I changed my extensions to the plug in with weird ski bends to get my hands up higher (from the straight extensions), and stupidly decided to lower my saddle 1/8''. It felt great on the short ride I did. Flew the first 7 or 8 miles (330 ish watts) and then I couldn't turn the pedals and my power dropped. I usually make about 10 more watts for a 40 k. Later measured my saddle height and it turns out the post slipped about 3/8'' UGH. At least I learned that hands higher, for me anyway, is much faster. Wish I made this change early in the season.

You look really aero in your pic Allen ( I know you from the NJ TT cup), your head is below your shoulders and you have super nice equipment. Maybe practice shrugging your shoulders more, they maybe look a little wide in the pic. What's the ''lump'' on your back?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is probably not too impressive. Only third year riding, so it is getting better each year. Also a pretty decently rough course.

Stonewall Jackson Tri

1) 177W AP 196W NP
2) 17.7 mph
3) 25.96 miles
4) 165 lbs
5) Trek SC 9.9, Flo 45 front 90 rear
6) Horrid Road, Highway department ground down rectangles and have no paved them in (some places you had to weave around them, or have only a foot or so between them), also had around 1755ft of climb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip.The shoulders jumped out at me in the pictures. I might try and extend the reach to see if it brings them a little closer together. The lump is my heart rate strap. My hear rate is all over the place when I wear the sensor on the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [carrag340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drilled and tapped new holes in the arm pad holder so I could have my pads touch each other. That keeps my shoulders in for me, but it sucks to ride like that lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx for the shout out. Still feel like crap today coughing all day. But Advil is pretty magic stuff at least for an hour. Will have to wait till next year to get 55 I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicely done. We chatted briefly after. I was the guy on the P3 with Hed wheels. Your front end setup looked sweet. Sorry to hear about your seat issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! You had a nice set up as well. Not hard to pick out the Slowtwitchers :) Sorry I had to turn around. My girlfriend raced too and i wanted to see how she made out
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Church Creek 40 K TT

1.) 235 AP
2.) 26.8 mph: 56:05
3.) 24.8 miles
4.) 5'10", 66 kg
5.) P3, Hed 9/Jet, Conti SS 23
6.) Felt sick going in, caught something from my kids mid week. Haven't spent enough time on TT bike, three weeks focused work wasn't enough after zero work TT before. Not 100% confident in my Quarq's #s, that seems really low and felt higher than that, but that could be because I was sick. I'm thinking maybe it isn't just time needed to adapt, but that I need to raise my front end a bit to recapture some power back, or maybe I just suck at steady state. All my numbers from road rides point at FTP ~290, but that is always from punchy road rides, I like repeated 30 second efforts. So some weird combo of loss of power in tight TT position, funny reading Quarq, hard time doing steady efforts, feeling sick. Lotta excuses, just need to go faster...

ETA pic by Ted Morgan. Next time need to remember to get aero early so I get a better picture of my position.
Last edited by: jbank: Aug 21, 17 16:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carrag340 wrote:
Thanks for the tip.The shoulders jumped out at me in the pictures. I might try and extend the reach to see if it brings them a little closer together. The lump is my heart rate strap. My hear rate is all over the place when I wear the sensor on the front.

Yeah, the shoulders popped out at me too when I was scanning photos (that and the hump on your back). Extending reach might bring them in some, but IME it's minimal and shrugging does a better job. That being said, I find extending reach much more comfortable and requires much less effort than shrugging.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
ETA pic by Ted Morgan. Next time need to remember to get aero early so I get a better picture of my position.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was actually hoping Ted Morgan would be on course somewhere or near the finish. I like have photos on when I am sucking as opposed to when I am just starting out. Also, I'd feel better about my CdA if your Quarq was reading low. ;)

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you asked LAI and Ridenfish for aero magic, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I'd experiment with a partial "mantis" thing where you raise your hands a bit. A natural side effect of doing that may be that it shrugs your shoulders better and gets you narrower. It also may help fill what looks like a big hole down the center of your current position between your hands and chin. When I look at my own position, I like to see the top of my helmet even with the top of my back (or below), which you have nailed, and I like to see no vertical gap between my chin and hands.

Also, I love me some GP 4000 for all around, but switched to SS for races now, they are super fast.

Good luck and nice race. 8th out of 8th in a strong field, if I'd have joined that field wouldn't even have been in shouting distance of you guys. I'd love to know what it felt like to do 336w...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips. I have used ski tip extensions on my previous bike. I might have to pick some up over the winter. I was also planning on upgrading the tires. The ss seem like a popular choice for time trials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local sprint tri.

1) Average watts: 246 (FTP is right at 250)

2) Average speed in MPH: 24.6
3) Distance: 12 miles, quite a few turns, including a ~270 degree and a sandy 180 degree turnaround that really force you to slow down.
4) Rider weight
72.5kg/160 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2016 QR PR6 (Ultegra mechanical), Reynolds Strike SLG, Conti TT/Latex)
6) Misc notes: Scody A.I.R. trisuit, Giro Aerohead helmet with visor. Ran 18:08 5k off the bike.

This was my best of 4 of these races this year (July 30th). I typically ride these right at my FTP to set up good run. The speed and watts here are just about in keeping with the fact that I can ride a straight up 40k TT at 250 watts and about 25-26 mph depending on the course.

Not the slipperiest dude on here, but decent. I'm happy with my position even though I'm about 1.5 centimeters higher at the armrests than I used to be before hip surgery. I'm bottomed out and can't get lower on the PR6 without swapping out the Profile Design OE bars to something with lower pad stack. That's a project for next year...maybe.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMMT

1) AP:207 NP:218 VI:1.05 .IF 0.670
2) 20.2 MPH(32.2km/h) according to Ironman...19.8(31.9km/h) to Garmin
3) 112mi(180km) according to Ironman...110mi (177Km) to Garmin
4) 194.6lbs
5) P5-6, flo 60/90, vittoria latex tube, 23mm gp4000sii, Scott Cadence plus brain bucket, kiwami aero LD tri suit
6) knee pain start of second loop, had to back off to 65/66% to ride pain free.(ITBS sucks) Wanted to come in with an .IF of 69-70..first loop was right on target.
If Kiley thinks Lionel is as aero as a barn door.. he would probably think I look like a pickup truck with a mattress tied to the roof.

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Last edited by: Leavitt: Aug 25, 17 5:39
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll play! Last race was Kingston Ontario Long Course: 56k bike

1) Average watts: 236 (NP 246)
2) Average speed: 39.2 km/h / 24.36
3) Distance: 56k / 34.8 miles - hillier than I expected: 305m / 1000ft gain
4) Rider weight: 72.5kg/160 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2013 Cannondale Slice, 3T Aura, custom hydration box, Easton EC90 front, DIY rear disc
6) Misc notes: ran a 1:07 15k (pretty awesome for me)

Best Bike Split suggested that I could have been 1:30 faster, but I probably didn't hold my position very well, and my VI was also higher than intended (there was some traffic on course, and I chose to sit 10m behind a couple riders for longer than I should have). I don't think that helped me overall.

Prev Next