Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holly Tri, definitely not a PR course
1. 182, (200NP)
2. 19.9 mph
3. 24.9 miles
4. 145 lbs
5. 2012 Felt DA4 (47) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, LAS Chrono with Visor, Kiwami Amphibian 008 tri suit .
6. 2000 feet of climbing with bumpy, sharp, twisty turns. Had a decent run but didn't have to cuz it was a really small race.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Record Challenge 40k TT, Moriarty, NM

1) Average watts
239W
2) Average speed in MPH
25.6mph (41.156km/h)
3) Distance
40km
4) Rider weight
134 lbs (@ 5'10")
5) Describe bike and wheels
2006 S-Works Transition, 2010 Zipp 404 (alloy clincher) front w/ 23mm GP4000S2 & latex tube, c.2004 Zipp 900 tubular disc w/ 21mm Vittoria Evo Corsa.
LG Vorttice helmet, Panache skinsuit, aero gloves and shoe covers.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
It was windy. I put out ~7W more than last year, with nice even pacing, but came in 2.5 seconds slower. There was about a 3 minute difference between the way out and the way back...

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 211 AP/217 NP
2. 21.6 MPH
3. 55.15 Miles
4. 178lbs
5. Trek Speedconcept P1/ Aura 5 wheels. BTA bottle, nothing on seat tube, 2 bottles behind the seat.
6. No real complaints. Flat course, minor headwind for 60km or so but nothing major, soft peddled to stay 20 meters behind for about 5km when I got behind a group of people that it would require a lot of energy to pass. I eventually said screw it and passed them.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is quite impressive! Would love to see your position.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Here's a pic from Racine, and a few more from my race report below.

Racine 70.3 Race Report

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMLT

1. 215 AP/233 NP - VI a bit too high, even given the hilly course
2. 21.4 MPH - 3rd fastest bike overall!
3. 110 Miles
4. 168lbs (6')
5. Specialized Shiv (S-works). zipp 404/808 combo Zipp tangente speed course tires (23mm) + vittoria latex tubs. flat kit and nutrition in Fuelselage, bladder, x-lab bta cage.
6. Gearing was 54/42 11-28 10speed. I would have liked to be 5 lbs lighter, I was 162 @ IMAZ last year. Also, would have preferred a 39 for the inner ring. Getting over brockaway on the 2nd time was quite challenging. Run was 3:58, including about 4min spent in toilets. Less than ideal run, given my open mary time is 3:01:00. Was aiming for 3:30, but will chalk it up to a combo of altitude, heat, being a bit too fat, overbiking, and kinks in nutrition strategy.

Bike position Pictures via finisherpix: https://www.finisherpix.com/photos/my-photos/currency/USD/pctrl/Photos/paction/search/pevent/ironman-lake-tahoe-2015/pbib/91.html

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was windy. I put out ~7W more than last year, with nice even pacing, but came in 2.5 seconds slower.

Last year was slow also, but I'm pretty sure 2015 was the worst in a long time. The wind has been unfriendly the past few years, giving more headwind than tailwind. 2011 and 2012 were good.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome position! What did you find the difference in the sleeved suit? Castelli? We look pretty similar in a position, body comp, and equipment. I'm usually around 240 for ~24mph flat splits.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Awesome position! What did you find the difference in the sleeved suit? Castelli? We look pretty similar in a position, body comp, and equipment. I'm usually around 240 for ~24mph flat splits.

Thanks again. Yup, its the Castelli T1 Stealth top; wearing it over a San Remo sleeveless kit. Looking to get the Body Paint sleeved suit for next season.
The Stealth top is a bit baggy around my shoulders, but I do really like how it comes all the way down to my elbows. I make sure to keep it pulled down tight and low on my waist, as that sometimes rides up on me during the bike portion.
I swim in it under my wetsuit and do not seem to have restriction issues, but this is also coming from a fairly lousy swimmer.

I have worked a ton to keep myself dialed down tight in that bike position and only leave aero for corners and steep climbs. I have seen a lot of people with great positions, but they come out of aero way too much. Need to find a bit of compromise if the super low position is not sustainable or really take the time to adapt and hold it.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Thanks again. Yup, its the Castelli T1 Stealth top; wearing it over a San Remo sleeveless kit. Looking to get the Body Paint sleeved suit for next season.

Your position looks almost exactly like mine! (I need a good position to make up for my feeble geezer watts!) I have the Body Paint suit, it's much faster than my old two piece but I don't use it in really hot races because the cloth is not very breathable, it's definitely hotter than any other kit I've worn. Somewhere in the sleeved tri suit thread there's a reference to a San Remo rep supposedly saying that the San Remo Free is both cooler and more aero. Wish I'd seen that before I bought my suit, could have saved some money. So something to think about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redman Triathlon 70.3 on 9-26-15

1) 170w AP/ 176w NP/ .87 IF / 1.04 VI (recorded on a Powetap G3)
2) 23.0 MPH
3) 56 Miles
4) 5'7", 148lbs
5) 2014 Fuji Norcom Straight - 3T Brezza II base bar, Zipp ski bend extensions, 2 Quik 60mm wheels front and back with Catalyst disc cover, Continental GP4000s with latex tubes, Torhans Aero Z front bottle, X-Lab Delta 400 with AeroPouch for the rear, SpeedPlay pedals with aero cleats, and also ran an 11-28 casette and Osymetric 52/42 in the front.
6)I wore a POC Cerebel helmet, Desoto Forza Tri Bibs, and a Kiwami Kona Wings SS Top with Fizik K1 shoes.
7) I'll post one up once they load them from the event.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

Here are mine from Redman
1) 192AP/209NP/.83IF/1.09VI
2) 22.5 MPH
3) 56 miles
4) 6'2" 173
5) 2011 Felt B14 Profile Design basebar and extensions, Flo 60 up front, Felt TTR3 Rear with PT G3 Hub and WheelBuilder Disc Cover. Conti GP 4000s, Torhans Aero bottle up front.
6) Power number are a bit skewed. I must have hit the calibrate button on my Garmin about a minute into the ride and then the readings started showing only 10 - 20 watts when I knew I was pushing 200+. Stopped for a minute on the dam and recalibrated then it was fine the rest of the ride, but that was +/- 6min of me riding at what it shows as an average of 10 watts. In hindsight, I probably just could have freewheeled it and let it recalibrate but wasnt thinking straight and bit pissed thinking I wasnt going to have valid power for the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [se7930] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redman

1. 162, (172NP)
2. 23.6 mph
3. 56.5 miles
4. 145 lbs
5. 2012 Felt DA4 (47) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Kiwami Amphibian 008 tri suit .
6. I played the sit 10 meters behind someone the whole way and saved 8 watts on the average power but the NP was in my normal range.

Edit: I think the Lazer Wasp is a much better helmet for me too and it might have been worth a couple watts
Last edited by: jaretj: Sep 28, 15 7:52
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Silverman (Course Record - 2:12:59)

1) 295W AP, 302W xP
2) 40.4 km/h (25.1 mph)
3) Just under 90 km (56 mi)
4) ~71 kg (157 lbs)
5) 2011 Cervelo P4, 3SIXTY5 FAT 88 carbon clinchers with Catalyst disc cover, 3T Ventus I bar with Zipp VukaShift s-bend extensions, TriRig Omega front brake, SRAM Red Quarq 170 mm 53/39t (10 spd), SRAM R2C shifters (11 spd), SRAM Red Black RD (10 spd), SRAM Force 22 FD, Shimano Dura Ace chain (11 spd), Look Keo Blade 2 pedals, Continental Attack/Force tires with Vittoria latex tubes, Louis Garneau P-09 helmet, Kiwami Amphibian suit, Bont Sub-9 shoes
6) The silver lining to a disastrous personal worst swim was riding through the field with cold fury. Brutal, hilly, windy course. A close second to 70.3 Muskoka for the hardest bike course I've raced. Strava ride
7) Photo from Mont Tremblant earlier this season

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redman

1. 245W AP (250W NP)
2. 24.4 mph (2:17)
3. 56.1 miles
4. 168 lbs
5. 2010 Felt B14 (56) Jet 90 front, Jet Disc, Conti GP400S2 F/R, LG P09 helmet
6. Very steady ride for me right at 85% of FTP (struggled a bit on run)
Last edited by: 3Aims: Oct 5, 15 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
Redman Triathlon 70.3 on 9-26-15

1) 170w AP/ 176w NP/ .87 IF / 1.04 VI (recorded on a Powetap G3)
2) 23.0 MPH
3) 56 Miles
4) 5'7", 148lbs
5) 2014 Fuji Norcom Straight - 3T Brezza II base bar, Zipp ski bend extensions, 2 Quik 60mm wheels front and back with Catalyst disc cover, Continental GP4000s with latex tubes, Torhans Aero Z front bottle, X-Lab Delta 400 with AeroPouch for the rear, SpeedPlay pedals with aero cleats, and also ran an 11-28 casette and Osymetric 52/42 in the front.
6)I wore a POC Cerebel helmet, Desoto Forza Tri Bibs, and a Kiwami Kona Wings SS Top with Fizik K1 shoes.
7) I'll post one up once they load them from the event.

Man that's impressive. My numbers from the same ride:

1) 177w AP/ 176w NP/ .75 IF (Garmin Vector)
2) 21.7 MPH
3) 56 Miles
4) 5'7", 155lbs
5) 2011 Felt B14, Zipp 808's, Lazer Tardiz
6) Did not calibrate my PM (there's a whole other thread I started on that topic, discusses NP < AP issue) before the ride. Generally kicking out > 21 mph requires a NP > 180 for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another one from Redman:

1) 229 average power, 233 Normalized
2) 24.4 mph
3) 57.1 Miles (i missed a turn around mile 50 and was too stupid to realize until I got a half mile down the road)
4) 6', 163lbs
5) Cervelo P3C, BTA Speedfil A2 bottle, no frame bottle, nothing behind saddle, Zipp 404 tubies with 700x26 Zipp Tangente SLSpeed tires, Zipp Vuka bar
6) Giro Advantage2 Helmet, sleeveless Sugoi trisuit, Simmons Racing Shoes, Spy Sunglasses

I was by myself for most of the ride. I'd get the occasional benefit of a draft when I was passing people, but my swim wave was 1st, so there weren't a ton of people to pass on the bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm chocking it up to a fast course and good position on the bike. I did a ride a week before the race and had a AP of 201 and averaged 23.3, so Redman was some sort of freak day for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sick ride!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [sxevegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice ride. I was the second wave but I was out of T1 on my bike just after 32 minutes. I think I passed around 15 people total. Got passed by 1-2 people. Not much help at all. Fairly lonely ride outside of watching people after turnaround.

I'm a bit inefficient when in aero versus others around my weight. My head/neck is the problem. Can't get it low enough. I'm not sure what it costs me but my side profile does not look as good as those that typically ride around me. I would love to spend 1-2 hours in a wind tunnel with some help from a fit pro.

Congrats on a great race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is way less than most, but if you're looking for a wide cross-sample:
Local Sprint Tri

1) avg 153 watts
2) avg speed 20.4 mph
3) 9 miles
4) 130lbs
5) Argon 18 e118 with Zipp 404s (FireCrest)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going over 20 on 153 is pretty impressive. Nice work. If I could do that at IMFL next month I'd be one happy guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:
Going over 20 on 153 is pretty impressive. Nice work.

I was thinking the same thing.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks...it was just a local sprint. Few small rollers but mostly flat. It was only my second race breaking 20+ mph. I've been focusing on 70.3 distance this year so that was a very nice surprise this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 301 avg./311 NP
2) Average speed in MPH: 25.6
3) Distance: 13.8mi
4) Rider weight: 168lbs/6'
5) Describe bike and wheels: '12 7 series speed concept w/ flo 60/90
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Some rollers on the course (tallahassee, FL), but all you guys seem to be going faster on so much less power... Do these numbers seem off?
TP File:
http://tpks.ws/2WPk

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next