Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been years since I posted a picture. Let's see if the attach photo off a phone feature works. If it does work I have to apologize that this isn't the greatest photo, just something I have available from some head positioning practice.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look like that worked, let's try this:

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
American Triple T half

1. 151, (167NP)
2. 18.5 mph (3:03:44)
3. 56.75 miles
4. 142 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 90 front, Jet 90 rear with cover Conti GP400S2 F/R, Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Triple T singlet.
6. 3500' of elevation gain, Fourth race in 3 days.

Interesting change from the same race last year, different wheels this year.

1. 152, (167NP)
2. 19.2 mph (2:58:42) nearly 5 minutes faster
3. 57.31 miles
4. 144 lbs
5. 2014 Cervelo P2 (45) Jet 60 front-Bontrager Aero TT, Jet Disc rear Conti-GP400S2 , Laser Wasp helmet with Visor, Triple T singlet.
6. 3500' of elevation gain, Fourth race in 3 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race: Lake Minnetonka Sprint Tri (MN), 14.62 miles

1) Average watts: AP 271W, NP 281 W
2) Average speed in MPH: 23.3 mph
3) Distance: 14.62 miles
4) Rider weight: 6'3" and 194 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels:
2009 Felt B16 mostly stock with Zipp Alumina cockpit. Wheels were SRAM S60 front, Powertap 32 spoke rear with wheelbuilder disc cover. Tires and Tubes were GP4000s and standard butyl tubes @ 115 psi.

Gentle rolling out and back course, total elevation gain 515 ft, pretty calm wind.

Sorry I don't have a useful picture to add.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP 251W NP 257W
2) 24.4 mph
3) 40k olympic bike leg
4) 220 lbs
5) Fuji Norcom, 80mm Oval wheels, latex tubes
6) Super humid race morning. HR was running about 12 beats higher than it should have been. Actually pulled off a slightly faster split than this course last year with similar conditions and 20W less
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP 237W / NP 245w
2) Average Speed: 22.1mph
3) Distance: 52mi (IM 70.3 costa rica bike course shortened)
4) Rider height/weight: 72"; 185lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt DA 56cm; wheels are Bontrager Aura 5 front; cheapo training rear wheel.

I think I need to lose some weight considering everybody else's stats... mine look a little messed up.

Flat As A Pancake Sprint - Staten Island (3 loop bike)

11.3 miles
23.4mph
236 watts average
6'3" 77kg
Felt IA16 XL sized frame w/ Reynolds Assault/Strike SLG wheels (latex tubes and 25mm GP4000ii tires) w/ profile designs FC25 hydration and Trek SC draft box (Felt....)
Castelli Free Sanremo tri suit (sleeved)

Can probably drop the front down a bit (have a 30mm spacer in) and practice cornering in the aerobars so I don't take as much of a hit on the corners
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, nice flat back.
I really like the look of that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
Hi Stoo,
You're going well ,mate!!!

Unfortunately the design of the tulas won't allow the use of an angled wedge; the pad mount is only singlebolt, and also holds the extensions in by a compression type ball joint.
They have enough of a job holding it all in place as it is!

I did have a synop basebar which allowed me to use high hands, using 30deg's reversed and profile j3? brackets. Comfort and handling were fine, as there was more weight and load shared better.

Only way possible maybe is if i could mount the armrests on the trailing end of the extensions, using a vuka type mount, and use the use clamps to hold it all in situ.

Using what tilt is possible as standard on the USE, i'll try the 50's but the proper way around this time, seeing as i dont have to recable it now :)

Thank you, seem to be going alright I guess :D
Shame about the wedges. A few team mates use stacks of foam to achieve a wedge type affair.

I know one has reduced his stack height to compensate for more padding.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
might be worth doing a search over on TTF about spacers and the tula's. I remember reading a few years ago somebody had come up with a solution. (i think with pictures if I remember right) Maybe Xavier?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 SDIT race this year / last year
1) 247 / 281
2) 22.5 / 21.8
3) 30k
4) 161 / 157
5) same bike, felt b16 with 60/80 carbon wheels , aero helmet
6) new ftp of 295w (253 before) in this race even though I lost 4lb (illnesses beginning of year)? I havent done much specific bike training (but my work is a bike messenger). Even though my watts are up, my run pace is slower 6:26 / 6:38 on the 10k run. perhaps slower bike speed because front brake may have been dragging
7)
(old pic, still same set up)
Last edited by: synthetic: Jun 25, 17 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts = AP=221, NP=227
2) Average speed in MPH = 23.5 mph (38 km/h)
3) Distance = 34.8 miles (56 km)
4) Rider weight = 163 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2012 Felt B16, Flo 60 front, Flo 90 with wheelbuilder rear disc cover
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = switched from Sprint distance race at the last minute and so wasn't in optimal shape to hold aero for 90 minutes. Held aero position entirely for first hour and then fatigue set in and held aero for roughly 90% of the last 30 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts = AP=241
2) Average speed in MPH = 20.1 mph
3) Distance = 30k
4) Rider weight = 162 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2016 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro, stock wheels & tires, ballista helmet
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = I'm pretty sure my bePro pedals measure a little high. Looks like I need some nice wheels and tires to hit the same efficiency as everyone else (and probably a better position).
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP/NP: 209/236
2) Avg Speed:22.24mph
3) Distance: 56miles (88km)
4)Rider Weight: 181lbs at race weigh-in
5) Bike: Planet X Exocet 2 with Flo 90 up front and disc cover on powertap wheel in back
6) Misc Notes: old helmet might not be the most aero

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts = AP=223, NP=239
2) Average speed in MPH = 22.4 mph
3) Distance = 22.7 miles
4) Rider weight = 168 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x, Zip 404/808 Turbo Cotton Tires, Conti Race Light Tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = Had some traffic issues with slower cyclists, had to lay off the power at times and come out of aero to slow down.

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avg 297w NP 309w
36,3km/h 22,56mph
Canyon speedmax al, fulcrum red wind 50
18km, 2 loop course with three turn arounds each loop
Rider weight 97kg
Very windy day... had one of my best rund afterwards
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts = AP=321, NP=327
2) Average speed in MPH = 26.4
3) Distance = 17.9 km TT
4) Rider weight = 170 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2010 Specialized Nosecone Shiv, Conti 4000s 25mm, Enve 7.8s, Cuore skin suit (not pictured below), Etap 1x, POC Cerebel
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = Hill climb the night before, 342 AP for 17 minutes which left me flat for TT. TT was uphill on way out with headwind, and rolling net downhill way back.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 231 AP - 247 NP
2) 24.2 MPH
3) 56 (IMMT 70.3)
4) 149lb at registration
5) Cervelo p3 2014, front enve 6, rear zipp super 9, vitoria corsa G+ tubulars. 2 bottles (BTA/BTS).
6) Pretty happy with speed for watts given the hilly course
7)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adjusted seat height a little for last race (7/1/2017) revised numbers in PURPLE

1) Average watts = AP=243, NP=252
2) Average speed in MPH = 23.9 mph
3) Distance = 13.0 miles
4) Rider weight = 166 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x, Zip 404/808 Turbo Cotton Tires, Conti Race Light Tubes (SAME)
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = None

2015 Specialized Venge

ryryrocco wrote:
1) Average watts = AP=223, NP=239
2) Average speed in MPH = 22.4 mph
3) Distance = 22.7 miles
4) Rider weight = 168 pounds
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x, Zip 404/808 Turbo Cotton Tires, Conti Race Light Tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero = Had some traffic issues with slower cyclists, had to lay off the power at times and come out of aero to slow down.

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 261 normalized
2) Average speed: 23.8
3) Distance: 56.2 (HIM)
4) Rider weight: 165 lbs.
5) Describe bike and wheels: Speed Concept and 808/Super 9. Nothing wrong with the kit!
6) Misc notes: Flat course with usual shocking UK roads !
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Avg pwr 249 NP254
2. Avg speed 23.1
3. Distance 9.25mi
4. Rider weight 5'11/205
5. 2012 SC 7.0 with vuka stealth, zipp evo ext, omega X, rotor 3d24 with rotor qxl ocp 5, di2 ultegra, flo90/90clyde
6. Paced well, goal was 250 watts and had a terrible swim lol other than that the bike leg was paced flawlessly!!!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Last edited by: playero: Jul 5, 17 11:47
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im guessing this is from Syracuse. I wanted to do that one but I could only sneak away for the road race.

How do you like the short tailed helmet? Im thinking about giving one a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year/last year

1) Average watts 310 / 352
2) Average speed in MPH 26.8 / 27
3) Distance 10 mi
4) Rider weight 152
5) Describe bike and wheels 2010 giant trinity w 808s / 2004 trek usps tt
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero - rolling course. 2nd stage of 3. legs had nothing this year plus a more aggressive position. giant is clearly the faster frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2017 SCNCA State TT Championships
Cat 4 - 2nd

1) 265 watts (average) - 267 watts NP
2) 26.7 MPH
3) 23.1 miles
4) 5'8" - 142 lbs
5) 2014 Cervelo NP2, Zipp Vuka Stealth aerobars, HED Stinger disc, HED Stinger 9, TriRig brakes, Vittoria Corsa Speed tires (700x23), Voler skinsut, Giro Aerohead (w/visor), Zipp BTA
6) TP = 290 watts...it was @#(*( hot (and dry)! I would have also have placed 2nd in Cat 3 and beat a few Cat 1/2s, so can't complain too much
7) Photo by PB Creative:

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 204w AP, 206w NP
2) 22.9 mph
3) 14.8 miles
4) 139 lb.
5) Trek Equinox E9. FLO60 front, AeroJacket covered rear.
6) Bike split was fine, could have used an extra gear or two on my run though.

Photo: Focal Flame
Last edited by: Timtek: Jul 8, 17 14:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next