Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Anando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's some irony in that Anado had a good experience with Village Cycle. I just had a bad experience with them. Just picked up a 2014 Speed Concept 7.0 from them. I split my time between Chicago and Orlando and was on my way south so I had them box it for me so I could ship it. They locked the fork all the way to the right with no padding and put a big ass chip in the paint... deep enough to go into the carbon.

Carl, could you tell me if that's structural? I know I might be over-reacting but I just want to be sure.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Nov 27, 13 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pic not showing up for me, but I can't diagnose anything over the internet anyway. The right route is through your local dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pic link fixed. Do I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from or will any Trek dealer do? I bought the bike in Chicago but am in Florida til February so taking to the dealer I bought from would be problematic to say the least.

Thanks again Carl.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In your shoes, I'd bring it to whatever Trek dealer is most convenient...with contact info handy for the shop you bought it from.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how to turn the bontrager speed bottle into a "between the aerobar" hydration system? Ive seen lieto using a setup like this before on previous Kona coverage and was wondering if there was an actual setup for this, or if that was a custom job done specifically for him. Im currently looking for a hydration system to go between the aero bars and i havnt been able to find much that i like. Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl
This may have been covered in a prior post but there is a whole lot of information to sift through so I figured I'd just ask. I have a 2.5 that I purchased new appox 18 months ago. Recently, over the last 3 weeks, I have had the seat post bolt and seat post replaced under warranty due to the post slipping while hanging from the saddle and the post itself having a 4" crack. When the Trek dealer was installing the new seat post and torqued to 7.2nm a cracking sound from the post was heard at 6.5nm, the seat was fully tightened to the 7.2nm and I was advised to watch it for additional movement. I am concerned that this new post is now cracked and am worried about continued failure of the post under riding conditions. I understand there was an issue with the seat post bolt assembly but has this been a reoccurring failure point on the 2.5's and older SC? Is there a true fix or just continued replacement?

Thanks

2013 - Escape from Alcatraz, NO 70.3, Augusta 70.3, IMFL
2014 - IMChoo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris' setup was a custom job from our Race Shop.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blind_dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy-

Your initial slipping was most likely caused by the damaged post...once it has been damaged there's no amount of tightening on the clamp which will prevent slipping...rather, it will simply damage the post even more and make slipping even more likely.

The 7.2Nm max torque spec is a maximum torque spec...there for you if you need it. Virtually nobody actually does, and especially not 2-series owners (as there was some seatpost pocket molding variability on early 7- and 9-series frames which contributed to slipping and the subsequent redesign of the seatpost wedge). You and your shop should have no trouble achieving adequate clamp-up well below that max...around 4Nm...but that's only true for an undamaged post, so from the sound of things your replacement is probably in need of replacement.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a speed bottle this summer from my LBS. I went to buy new bottles for it in October and couldn't find them in any shop. I looked online as well and there was hardly anything at the time. Long story short, Trek told me they quit making them. If this is the case, any suggestions on how I could get my hands on more?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lmicah3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is to find a dealer who has some hiding in stock, or turn to the classifieds.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$12.99 - http://lmgtfy.com/...ntrager+Speed+Bottle

lmicah3 wrote:
I just bought a speed bottle this summer from my LBS. I went to buy new bottles for it in October and couldn't find them in any shop. I looked online as well and there was hardly anything at the time. Long story short, Trek told me they quit making them. If this is the case, any suggestions on how I could get my hands on more?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks sh*t head. So helpful - did you even look at the results?

http://trekstoremadison.com/...7vhbsCFc5FMgodESkALQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't vouch for up-to-date-ness, but the Highland Park store is showing in stock on same... I'd probably give them (or anyone else showing similar) a call anyway just to be sure.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, they have a couple in stock they are willing to ship. Appreciate you looking that up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I did...and I ordered one. You're welcome.

I was just having fun...sorry if you were offended.

lmicah3 wrote:
Thanks sh*t head. So helpful - did you even look at the results?

http://trekstoremadison.com/...7vhbsCFc5FMgodESkALQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I just got my SC 9 frameset but I need to order the bracket for internal battery as well as the spherical washer for the front derailleur. Is there anyway to order directly from Trek? I live in Hong Kong and the dealer here is a pain to deal with and I am sure would take the months to get the right parts.

Thanks,
Donald
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [leungti1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Donald-

While we do have an online storefront, it's pretty limited...particularly where service parts are concerned, since dealers are much closer to customers and their specific issues. Since you mention an internal battery bracket, is it safe to assume you're talking about a 2014 Speed Concept frameset? The FD washer is PN w319573, and the internal battery bracket is w332400. I don't know how helpful this is, but I do see a list of several stores here.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Dec 11, 13 7:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 100/45 stem snd sm happy with this but I'm looking to get slightly lower. I have no spacers in what are my options? Was thinking Iv seen a different arm pad clamp?
Any input?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got these or know where I can get them http://www.tririg.com/...id=2011_05_SC_Clamps

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100/10 stem starts 35mm lower and then spacers back up to where you want to be.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes just seen these, looking for a uk supplier
Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sra wrote:
Anyone got these or know where I can get them http://www.tririg.com/...id=2011_05_SC_Clamps

Cheers

Hey,

I think I seen a set for sale on timetrailing.co.uk a while back

Cheers zip,
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found a 100/10 on uk eBay but no bolts, would the bolts from my 100/45 stem fit?

Also been offered the tri rig set up, how much do they lower your pads n bars?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got an email saying there was an error in their stock system and they don't actually have these.

lmicah3 wrote:
Thanks, they have a couple in stock they are willing to ship. Appreciate you looking that up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? If so, sorry to hear. Carl and I chatted in a PM and I told him this had happened numerous times for me. I finally found a person on ebay who had 5 and I purchased all of them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next