1. Sep VanMarcke
2. Boonen
3. Kristoff
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
I was hoping last year's protocol was done and buried...

I'm most curious to see how GvA, Sagan, Wiggo and Zabel go this classics season.

Sagan will "disappoint" again and I am still not sold on Wiggo.

First off...why is this thread so far down the list? This keeps me going at work :)

Luis - I'm kind of afraid that you're right, actually. He seems to be able to mix it up right at the top in almost everything he enters...but not necessarily get atop of the podium. Perhaps a change in strategy is in order and that's why they're skipping this weekend? When you say "disappoint" - are you giving him a backhand compliment meaning that finishing top 10 in all the classics he enters is disappointing for him but otherwise a solid result?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

I'm most curious to see how GvA, Sagan, Wiggo and Zabel go this classics season.

Something about Sagan doesn't grab me either, butt you have to hand it to him for always trying

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was that picture really necessary to prove your point?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you subscribe/pay to Eurosport?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
LuisDF wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

First off...why is this thread so far down the list? This keeps me going at work :)

Luis - I'm kind of afraid that you're right, actually. He seems to be able to mix it up right at the top in almost everything he enters...but not necessarily get atop of the podium. Perhaps a change in strategy is in order and that's why they're skipping this weekend? When you say "disappoint" - are you giving him a backhand compliment meaning that finishing top 10 in all the classics he enters is disappointing for him but otherwise a solid result?

yeah kind of a backhand compliment; I still think he will be top 5-10 but I don't see winning the race just yet. I think he is still young and figuring things out.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
LuisDF wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Something about Sagan doesn't grab me either, butt you have to hand it to him for always trying

i love this picture. its necessary for many reasons.
that fact that we still have podium girls seems so archiac in our modern, pc world. i really am surprised.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:

Using a VPN, go to http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/

They accept Paypal or other credit cards. I use Capital 1 Mastercard as it doesn't have a foreign service fee. Eurosport couldn't care less where the billing address is. Using paypal should smooth over any issues regarding your card company suspecting fraudulent transaction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Top 10 Riders To Watch: Omloop Het Nieuwsblad & Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have some posts been deleted in this topic? Seems strange! Anything wrong with the mention that it could be watched via cycling.tv (a legal, pay per view, cycling broadcasting channel)? I understand maybe the 'illegal' streams are not allowed for some reason but I don't see why it is OK to mention a legal TV channel and not a legal PPV online channel.

Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
ChrisC42780 wrote:

Using a VPN, go to http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/

They accept Paypal or other credit cards. I use Capital 1 Mastercard as it doesn't have a foreign service fee. Eurosport couldn't care less where the billing address is. Using paypal should smooth over any issues regarding your card company suspecting fraudulent transaction.

Thanks! I was able to access through the chrome add-on Hola, did not realize you can pay with paypal/credit cards

Cobble wrote:
Have some posts been deleted in this topic? Seems strange! Anything wrong with the mention that it could be watched via cycling.tv (a legal, pay per view, cycling broadcasting channel)? I understand maybe the 'illegal' streams are not allowed for some reason but I don't see why it is OK to mention a legal TV channel and not a legal PPV online channel.
Velonews posted the list of all races on US television: http://velonews.competitor.com/...ling-u-s-year_361749

I love Verizon Fios, because I have all 3 channels: NBC Sports/BEIN Sports/Universal Sports. We are looking to move to Connecticut soon, so I may lose BEIN Sports/Universal Sports. I hope one of the CT cable companies start carrying these channels
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:

I think what got deleted was the provocative advertisement for E3 Harelbeke... I could be wrong but that one's kind of hard to forget :D. OK, all grown up now. Regarding streaming the races - I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it. It's not like you're hurting anyone if there are no legal alternatives. Charter in NY is not going to pick up European cycling anytime soon (except TdF on NBCSports). Eurosport or Sporza should be happy that their advertisers reach a wider audience:).
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going with Damien Gaudin, a massive steam engine of a man who rides like a gorilla. That is, if a gorilla rode the one day classics. But alas, they don't as Astana is not racing.

So I'm going with Boonen, in honor of Leonard Nimoy who, as Mr. Spock, had the same ears as Tom.

Micheal Schar makes some noise riding for GvA.

Standard too. Sir Brad works for him tomorrow.

Dunno where I come up w this crap....
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
I'm going with Damien Gaudin, a massive steam engine of a man who rides like a gorilla. That is, if a gorilla rode the one day classics. But alas, they don't as Astana is not racing.

So I'm going with Boonen, in honor of Leonard Nimoy who, as Mr. Spock, had the same ears as Tom.

Micheal Schar makes some noise riding for GvA.

Standard too. Sir Brad works for him tomorrow.

Dunno where I come up w this crap....

ah-uhm, Herr Greipel would like a word with you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duly noted. He's a beast.

I just went the Tunnel Bear route. Thanks for the guidance.

Next 2 days I'm riding the Virginia Winter Sucks Indoor Classic Double on the trainer and rollers, watching Omloop and KBK, going for a 2 day kj indoor record.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

Next 2 days I'm riding the Virginia Winter Sucks Indoor Classic Double on the trainer and rollers, watching Omloop and KBK, going for a 2 day kj indoor record.

how are you recovery from the injury last year?

also, you may get lucky on Sunday and ride outside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:

how are you recovery from the injury last year?

also, you may get lucky on Sunday and ride outside.

Shoulder is great, thanks. Fell hard on it in the mud the other day and oddly, it really helped my confidence. Might do a training crit Sunday if weather looks dry. Far from race weight, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sky on the front now, with Wiggins working hard driving the peleton to chase down the break.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone want to give me a live update? i'm unable to login from my US ip.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 7 - 8 rider break has been away for a while. Sky and BMC chasing hard to bring the gap down - pace in Peleton VERY high. It's about a minute now. 60k to go. Although as I write this Boonen just put in a huge dig over a small cobbled climb to really split up the main group.

BIG news for Jack Mott followers/fans - The MTN Qhubeka team are riding the new Cervelo S5 on the cobbles! :)

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
7 - 8 rider break has been away for a while. Sky and BMC chasing hard to bring the gap down - pace in Peleton VERY high. It's about a minute now. 60k to go. Although as I write this Boonen just put in a huge dig over a small cobbled climb to really split up the main group.

BIG news for Jack Mott followers/fans - The MTN Qhubeka team are riding the new Cervelo S5 on the cobbles! :)

hubba-wahhhhhhhh??!!??!!!????? that's unpossible!!!!

i wonder what kinda forks. hmmmmm

thanks Steve
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Feb 28, 15 6:37
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could be the race. If the peloton shatters the break should have a great chance to stay away.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes 3 strong Etixx riders including Boonen, and Stannard(Sky) have about 30 sec - rest of the field trying to figure out who's going to chase. Stannard can sit in for now - although will get some grief for that if the gaps starts to go down! :)

Always a fascinating chess game!

Last edited by: Fleck: Feb 28, 15 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No chance GvA and Vanmarke will make it across. They're actually making it easier for break to stay away, not much peloton left to get organized.
Quote Reply

Prev Next